PDA

View Full Version : SIDI vertebra

yorkie_chris
05-07-09, 12:28 PM
Was given these by my Dad when I first started riding on the road, hardly used leftovers from when his 955i was nicked :smt013

Used them on and off for 2 years. And they're now nearly dead with rather well ventilated toes, fag paper thin soles, lots of scuffs...
They were never at all waterproof, they were however very protective, offering LOADS of feel through the pegs and gearshift.
Not too warm either, but nice in summer.

Definately worth a look if you want some sporty protective trackday/out for a blast boots. I wouldn't pay full price for a set though.

Spiderman
05-07-09, 12:40 PM
I dont know if its of interest to you YC but Sidi now sell their own soles for re-soleing most of their boots. The guys at J&S said that they can be done by any shoe place that resoles shoes too.

So if the toe vents aint that huge yet you may get some more use out of these.

yorkie_chris
05-07-09, 12:42 PM
Hmmm tempting! I have some oxtars now which are doing OK. But I will bear this in mind :-)

Spiderman
05-07-09, 12:52 PM
£15 for the pair iirc. And back on topic... i too have a pair of the very tarty Sidi's, the SIDI vertebra Carbon and they are indeed a great boot. Tons of feel and not too bad for walking about in either for short periods.