PDA

View Full Version : Arlen Ness 7205

sauluk
13-07-09, 10:19 PM
Cissbury have got these for 59.99 reduce from 119! Just ordered myself a pair, review to follow!

chris8886
15-07-09, 01:06 AM
who and where are "cissbury"?

lukemillar
15-07-09, 02:55 AM
Cissbury leathers:

http://www.cissburyleathers.co.uk/

LankyPaddy
15-07-09, 05:29 PM
I was looking at those earlier today, any previous experience with Arlen Ness gloves? Are they worth a punt :)

What are their sizes like?

Rich
15-07-09, 05:38 PM
Had mine well over a year now, lovely gloves but they don't cope well in anything but dry so don't risk them in the wet, the white crumbles around the fingers and palms, after one sharp shower I noticed the white coming off. Even though they look abit tatty I still think they are a great glove!

Spiderman
15-07-09, 05:39 PM
they look perfect for a stormtrooper style outfit. I'd like to see them in all black. And what is the "very trick" wrist closure then?
Looking forward to your review of these.

sauluk
15-07-09, 08:07 PM
I've ordered them in all black so you're in luck there. Should come tomorrow so will post up then

sauluk
15-07-09, 08:11 PM
Here's a picture of the all black ones:
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/resources/images/zoom/arl_glove_7205_blk_w_08.jpg

Spiderman
15-07-09, 08:21 PM
looks a lot better like that, still got white wheres it gonna get dirtiest first..What is it with all the white stuff recently.

Whits sportscars
white leathers
white tyres
white gloves...ok with a bit of black on em.

When did white become the new black??? Did i miss that memo? lol Did all the designers forget no one likes white cos it shows the dirt all the time?

Anyway looks like a lot of glove for the money.

LankyPaddy
15-07-09, 08:41 PM
Let us know what they're like in the wet (might take a few days to do that...)

The white *thing* is allegedly going to finish at the end of the year, go get your bling while you still can ;)

Thanks for the link to that shop btw, I bought some Arlen Ness boots from there :)

Edit: What size did you buy, I measured round my hand at 23-24cm, which makes me a large allegedly

Rich
15-07-09, 09:21 PM
Did my post fail to display? They don't cope in the wet and white palm crumbles at the sight of rain.

They are without dought the most comfortable glove I've owned though :-D

sauluk
15-07-09, 09:32 PM
I wont be using them in the rain. Got waterproof gloves for that although they're uncomfortable. The palm will get dirty but don't really car about that.

I first saw loads of white cars in Dubai about 5 years ago, they used them because it's hot but made me realise how nice German cars look in white!!

arcdef
15-07-09, 10:13 PM
I am tempted by this. Just not sure due to sizing....

sauluk
15-07-09, 10:17 PM
I've just gone for medium as my large ones at the moment are a bit floppy. Most gloves must be the same though!

LankyPaddy
16-07-09, 06:46 PM
Did my post fail to display? They don't cope in the wet and white palm crumbles at the sight of rain.
Sorry, I read your post but my brain failed to absorb anything. My bad.

The Cissbury website seems to be down, bit of a pain :(

arcdef
16-07-09, 09:01 PM
Yeah i noticed it was down but not before i ordered a pair :D just hope everything goes through!

Any news with the gloves sauluk?

sauluk
16-07-09, 09:09 PM
Left a note for the postie to leave them with my neighbour, instead he left a note saying too big for letterbox! Now I have to try and get them from the depot although they're only open working hours!

Rich
17-07-09, 06:37 AM
Left a note for the postie to leave them with my neighbour, instead he left a note saying too big for letterbox! Now I have to try and get them from the depot although they're only open working hours!

I get the same problem, really pi55es me off and now they're on strike around here. They should think themselves lucky they have job at the moment.

sauluk
18-07-09, 11:17 AM
Picked em up this morning. You'll be happy to hear Spiderman that despite the picture earlier the all black ones have a black palm too, so no bits to get dirty on them.

They feel great and the cuff enclosure is a bit different, feel very secure when they're on, plenty of protection. Unfortunately though they're too small for me, I must have odd shaped hands, so I'll either have to send them back or sell them on here.

arcdef
18-07-09, 03:30 PM
my ones came today and are snug as a bug! though not too bad as i think they should stretch in nicely. Though i ordered black and mine do have the white palms.....weird.

sauluk
18-07-09, 04:38 PM
What?? Really? what does your tag say on yours? mine says G-7205-AN

arcdef
20-07-09, 02:49 PM
Tag says G-7205-AN but colour is black/White, not bothered though as that's what I thought they would be like, just seems you got lucky!