PDA

View Full Version : Viral Advert - Too Much???

Binky
22-07-09, 08:23 PM
This advert was shown to school kids around the Midlands i believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRGgWBROuWs&feature=featured

It's been out for a few months now, and there was a bit of a fuss about weather it was a step to far in trying to shock kids about the consequences of unsafe sex etc.

What are your opinions, not on teenage pregnancy, but on this particular advert. Is it to much?

What would be your thoughts if it were aired on telly at 18.00 and you were eating your dinner or something?

Discuss... :)

Bluefish
22-07-09, 08:25 PM
looks like ALIEN.

Bri w
22-07-09, 08:28 PM
Whilst i think anyone who participates in anything should know all the possible consequences i totally disagree with airing something at a time when the very young, and hopefully innocent, may see it. The difficulty is hitting the target audience, especially as one person might be sexually acticwe at 12, whilst another might not till they are 14.

Samurai Penguin
23-07-09, 06:55 AM
Real footage...I don't think so.

It is a bit OTT. If that is what it takes to get through to the attention deficit generation then things are more messed up than I assumed.

kitkat
23-07-09, 09:19 AM
that video has been around for a while, saw it about a year ago. Things like that dont shock kids, just adults. My daughter is 16 and has a new 18 year old bf. As I said to her I trust her its him I dont trust. I remember being 16 (vaguely). Luckily me having a horrendous pregnancy has put her off having kids. I dont know what the answer to teenage pregnancy is but trying to scare kids is not the answer. Its all down to raising their self esteem and not doing anything they dont want to until they feel ready and then taking the appropriate precautions. Thats the problem with youth, its wasted on the young.

SoulKiss
23-07-09, 09:24 AM
I dont know what the answer to teenage pregnancy is

Get medieval on them, bring back chastity belts!

Nicky S
23-07-09, 09:27 AM
wooooooooooh thats strong if i got shown that when i was younger i dont think i would have gone anywhere near girls but i think it gets the message across rather strongley

carty
23-07-09, 09:46 AM
I'd not seen it before but just watched it. I don't think it's too much - in fact, I don't think much of it at all. I fail to see how it gets across any message about teenage pregnancies, to me it just shows the voyeuristic nature of humans and how stupid they all are to be gathered round a girl in distress like that.

I think a better 'viral video' about this issue would be to show a young girl with a newborn baby, talking about how difficult it is and how she wished it hadn't happened. Maybe how her friends were all doing fun things while she had to stay at home changing nappies etc.

As for whether it's real or not, I doubt it.

mcsmarts
23-07-09, 09:53 AM
for a sec i thought she was well a go'er and they were all watching.....so dissapointed

carty
23-07-09, 11:00 AM
for a sec i thought she was well a go'er and they were all watching.....so dissapointed

That's disgusting

mcsmarts
23-07-09, 11:05 AM
hey hey i dont get called a perv for nowt

Binky
23-07-09, 11:45 AM
After a few Google searches found that is was done with actors.

I seem to remember at the time, the radio mentioned it was real footage.