PDA

View Full Version : My Browser thinks I'm French

Grinch
23-07-09, 10:08 AM
As I work for a French/Belgium company all our traffic is routed through servers in France. So when I go to some sites they think I'm French, and its getting annoying. Anyone know a trick to tell my browser I'm not in France.

SoulKiss
23-07-09, 10:16 AM
As I work for a French/Belgium company all our traffic is routed through servers in France. So when I go to some sites they think I'm French, and its getting annoying. Anyone know a trick to tell my browser I'm not in France.

Find an open proxy server in the UK?

Bear
23-07-09, 10:25 AM
Stop smelling of garlic and eating horses?

Jabba
23-07-09, 10:30 AM
Better than being thought to be Belgian :thumbsup:

Filipe M.
23-07-09, 10:34 AM
Allo! Allo! This is NightHawk calling!..

:lol: sorry, couldn't resist.

Sudoxe
23-07-09, 11:13 AM
Nope, its one of the problems with DNS direction based on IP Geolocation.

However, google has an option to turn it off for them so your browser will only get the UK or US version but I can't remember what the URL is.

Dan

Viney
23-07-09, 11:16 AM
Nope, its one of the problems with DNS direction based on IP Geolocation. Thats what i thought.

Scoobs
23-07-09, 11:17 AM
Got a similar problem here. Mine thinks I'm German.

Jabba
23-07-09, 11:19 AM
Got a similar problem here. Mine thinks I'm German.

Coz you iz der Scoobsmeister :thumbsup:

redbouy
23-07-09, 11:23 AM
On google tool box u can tell it to use english UK or that "other" english, how ever you will still get ur add's and such like in the server location. If you want to you can ghost youself, and then you can be in any location.
This is good for getting UK TV when over sea's

Grinch
23-07-09, 11:30 AM
Find an open proxy server in the UK?

Nope, none of those have yet been discovered.

Sudoxe
23-07-09, 12:33 PM
Thats what i thought.

:rolleyes:

Grinchy - http://www.google.com/ncr will turn off your redirection on google, NCR = no country redirection.

Dan

Grinch
23-07-09, 12:40 PM
Yep, can get around those, its when I go to other sites. Like O2, I can't look at anything as it just tells me it only sells to the UK. I'll have to try to find a UK proxy.

Sir Trev
23-07-09, 12:57 PM
On days I work from home I can close my VPN and un-click my proxy settings. When I'm in the office the web thinks I'm German and BBC i-Player won't let me watch Top Gear. Good job I always work from home on a Monday!