PDA

View Full Version : I got myself another 2 wheel toy :-D

Daimo
23-07-09, 10:02 PM
I went to see a 2 wheel motorcycle tonight straight after work. Anyone hazard a guess from my previous postal dribblings over the years?

Nice little tale about it all as well :-)

To make things double good, my dad also gave me a set of 1 piece leathers as he doesn't use them. He got himself a 2 piece set and has only worn the 1 piece a few times so they are like new. Riding home on the bike in my new leathers with hump, with textile jacket over the top, textile trousers and jumper in my bag, was a little "tight" in movement :lol:

Muchos pleased :D :smt041

Holdup
23-07-09, 10:22 PM
Hmm, Tornado by any chance?

Bluewolf
23-07-09, 10:27 PM

Holdup
23-07-09, 10:32 PM
Can't be, they've got three wheels...

:smt081

A Benelli Tornado silleh

Daimo
23-07-09, 10:35 PM
Indeedy so :D I pick her up saturday hopefully. And now the freaky parts...

Ironically, its actually my Dads OLD Tornado. He sold it last year for his MV Augusta, and its come back up for sale with only a few hundred miles more on the clock. It came up on Ebay, my old man emailed me it, so I rang him.

I know the history, all the parts, it has some carbon goodies, the titanium exhaust I wanted (so most of the aftermarket parts I want), and its up for £1k less than daddy sold it for, but saving me £1k of modifications. Dad had not given him the specific Benelli cover and was saving it for me when I got one, but its going back on the same bike :lol:

Last year. I'll get some funky shots when shes back in the family.

http://images21.fotki.com/v760/photos/4/48802/3972631/Image002-vi.jpg

I've muttered on and on and on about getting one, so to have my dads old bike, at a fantastic price as well, has made my day :) Im still bouncing everywhere

:smt026:smt043:smt040 :smt082 :smt028 :smt081 :thumright: :smt038 :colors: :smt080 :thumleft:

But wait, it gets even more weird.....

http://images14.fotki.com/v388/photos/4/48802/3972631/Nelli5-vi.jpg

Standard piccy yeah? My Bandit, my new Benelli, and dads LE. Whats freaky is that the guy on the right, is the bloke i've just bought it from. I took this when he came over to look at her. Tonight he was wearing those trainers, black jeans, and a white t-shirt.......

dizzyblonde
23-07-09, 10:36 PM
I went to see a 2 wheel motorcycle tonight straight after work.

I should hope a motorcycle does have two wheels:rolleyes:

Holdup
23-07-09, 10:40 PM
So in essence your unhappy with your purchase? :D

Have fun when do you get it?

Daimo
23-07-09, 10:40 PM
I should hope a motorcycle does have two wheels:rolleyes:

Sidecar?

Disabled motorcycle (ok Trike...).

Wheelie bike?

:p

Daimo
23-07-09, 10:41 PM
So in essence your unhappy with your purchase? :D

Have fun when do you get it?

:lol:

Saturday morning. Go to Brighton, so a nice little jaunt home back through the lanes, whilst missy drives the spare exhaust, paddock stand etc home :D

dizzyblonde
23-07-09, 10:42 PM
Sidecar?

Disabled motorcycle (ok Trike...).

Wheelie bike?

:p

errrrrr

Three
three
One.:p

Milky Bar Kid
23-07-09, 10:44 PM
I may just be being blonde, but I don't understand the "freaky" thing about the trainers and tshirt....

embee
23-07-09, 10:44 PM
That tank's going to have your bits off, young man...........:smt064

Spiderman
23-07-09, 10:46 PM
well thats a bit yummy innit. Git.
:lol:
Yay for you tho. Keep it rubber side down please, its too pretty to thrown in the scenery ;)

dizzyblonde
23-07-09, 10:47 PM
I may just be being blonde, but I don't understand the "freaky" thing about the trainers and tshirt....

I think what Daimo means is that tha bloke who sold it to him, was wearing the same stuff when he bought the bike off his dad:confused:

Filipe M.
23-07-09, 10:48 PM
whilst missy drives the spare exhaust, paddock stand etc home :D

Now THAT's going to be a sight to see!

Milky Bar Kid
23-07-09, 10:54 PM
I think what Daimo means is that tha bloke who sold it to him, was wearing the same stuff when he bought the bike off his dad:confused:

Ah! Now that makes sense! Thanks for clearing that up!

Elltg
24-07-09, 01:47 AM
So if i am to understand this right you could go so far as to say you are keeping it in the family? :0 hay hay hay.

Sorry its late i like to ramble. To be fair that is a beauty and seems like a one off buy, you lucky son of a something or other!

Daimo
24-07-09, 07:54 AM

The fact I caught him in a picture last year, without noticing.

And the fact he's in that photo, wearing similar clothes.

I've never seen him since, just ironic I took a picture the day he came over my dads to look at the bike himself.

Daimo
24-07-09, 07:55 AM
That tank's going to have your bits off, young man...........:smt064

Old man got knocked off his first one and it made it a little black n blue ha ha.

Riding wise it really isn't as bad as it looks in terms of the tank.

anna
24-07-09, 01:12 PM
Fantastic looking bike there!! Treat it well ;)

custard
24-07-09, 03:47 PM
nice

they sound rather tasty as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D12QL4VC7UY

Daimo
24-07-09, 04:37 PM
I emailed im about that vid. He's got some on Google of him on the TT track too. Its a red one, he abused it :( Loved it though.

Thats on my Favs on my youtube :lol:

Standard can on that too ;) Baffles not currently in the new one ;)

xXBADGERXx
24-07-09, 04:50 PM
Lovely Story there Daimo , brought a smile to my face on page 1 , it`s nice when you realise a dream like that

Von Teese
24-07-09, 04:58 PM
Beautiful bike, congrats!
Thought you had bought DD's one before I read on and saw that it was your Dad's

Daimo
24-07-09, 05:17 PM
Nahh DD has an RS model, got a few more toys. I could have had a red one, but decided against it. Nearly bought a Yellow RS this week, only 33 in the country so should go up in value, but meh, I always wanted a green/silver one.

Got my money out, cleared a space in the garage, it was an excusse to finally do it :lol: Insured (£354 FC, protected, leather, accident, legal etc...) so even more happy. Didn't even look at a quote, just wanted it ha ha.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for tomorrow morning. Wave if you see me in Brighton area in the morning :D

Daimo
25-07-09, 07:17 PM
Shes home. WELL happy. Already done 160 miles today ha ha.

Going to Boxhill tomorrow morning with Dad on his LE model, so say hello if you see us :)

Piccies coming in Photos section in a bit...