PDA

View Full Version : Northamptonshire

Chuky
24-07-09, 05:57 PM
Hey all,

just wondering if there's any fellow 'Northamptonshire' or local people out there?...would be nice to meet or just network with some other local bikers/sv riders for some ride outs or beers or both, Atm the only peeps i can get togetha with for rides etc is one of my m8's plus sum of my old mans m8's lol...no 1 else rides.

anyhow would be cool to just get a Northamptonshire thread going for a start...

All the best and ride safe, Chuky :smt077

Mr Speirs
24-07-09, 06:03 PM
I am from Northampton chuky. I don't really think there is any need for a Northampton only thread. There ain't that many of us. Plus when I go for a ride I don't usually tend to stay within Northamptonshire.

Keep an eye in the Madlanders section. There are rides most weekends usually starting within about 30miles of northampton so theres plenty to go on.

Bassetts pole on tuesday evening there is a good meet of orgers.

Lissa
24-07-09, 06:04 PM
Hi Chuky.

Whereabouts in Northants are you? We're not far from the Northants border in Rugby. We tend to like to go out early and stay out all day, so if that appeals you are welcome to join us some time.

We are usually found in the company of Britney aka Mr Speirs, who is also Northants. :D

Chuky
24-07-09, 06:19 PM
hey lissa, im in Welford...straight dwn the a14 from rugby, j1. i know rugby quite well tho i go there a fair bit so ye that sounds gr8...i'd allways be up for a early start u'll have to let me know cheerz!

...mr.speirs, ye your probs right bout a npton only thread lol but just thought i'd put the feelers out and see whos out there cheers for the madlanders idea..newish to the site so nudges in the right direction are apprectiated lol

petevtwin650
24-07-09, 06:27 PM
Welford, well you're not far from Midland Superbikes at Market Harborough. We often go over there for a burger or start of run.

Chuky
24-07-09, 06:33 PM
awsum, i know Mkt harb and midlands superbikes well aswell lol. do u rugby guys have your own thread or something to follow movements and meets etc?

petevtwin650
24-07-09, 06:35 PM
Me and the previously posting Lissa are an item, although there are a few other Rugbyites on here. We just lurk on the site most of the day and watch everything! :D

jamesterror
24-07-09, 06:36 PM
I'm just a bit further down the road in Nuneaton, and "The Madlanders" section a bit further down in the forums (here - http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=126 )

Chuky
24-07-09, 06:49 PM
pete..haha kl, well be sure to gimi a shout if you go for a ride...as a side tho have u had any work done at midlands superbikes? i've been in there enough times to the shop and to look at the bikes etc but neva used the workshop. i normally get my service's done at bikersworld in daventry but thought might give Mkt harb a try?

jamesterror...kl man thanks for the link, nuneaton's not* to far i dont think. is it jus along the m6?

jamesterror
24-07-09, 06:50 PM
yeah, either carry on past rugby down the a5 or come down the a444 from the m6

petevtwin650
24-07-09, 06:58 PM
pete..haha kl, well be sure to gimi a shout if you go for a ride...as a side tho have u had any work done at midlands superbikes? i've been in there enough times to the shop and to look at the bikes etc but neva used the workshop. i normally get my service's done at bikersworld in daventry but thought might give Mkt harb a try?

jamesterror...kl man thanks for the link, nuneaton's to far i dont think. is it jus along the m6?

No experience of either from a service or indeed bike purchase angle, but my gut reaction says stay with Bikersworld unless you have an issue with them.

Actually a few of us are meeting at MSB tomorrow at 9 before setting off to the Peaks to check out a Bunkhouse we're staying at in September. That's in the rideouts and meeting section. Won't be able to very socialable though(some might say that is a good thing:() as we want to get off when Mr Speirs arrives on his new 749S.

Chuky
24-07-09, 07:16 PM
No experience of either from a service or indeed bike purchase angle, but my gut reaction says stay with Bikersworld unless you have an issue with them.

Actually a few of us are meeting at MSB tomorrow at 9 before setting off to the Peaks to check out a Bunkhouse we're staying at in September. That's in the rideouts and meeting section. Won't be able to very socialable though(some might say that is a good thing:() as we want to get off when Mr Speirs arrives on his new 749S.

no it is'nt that, daventry are spot on i'd recomend them to any1 plus i bought the bike from daventry but jus thought i'd ask cos didnt know.

oooo i have to say im very, very temptd cos would be kl to just go for the ride plus jus meeting some new peeps lol, im spose to be going out tmz afternoon tho so i'll have to see if i can get out of that. aswell im on 33bph atm so wouldnt wanna hold u guys up if your on a mission? is nly a prob straight line tho tbh. aswell only came bak from the lakes last week haha...was up there climbing scarfell pike and canoeing etc

gimi a min and i'll see if i can sort tmz afternoon and let u know..other wise i'll have to wait for ur nxt spin :smt023

petevtwin650
24-07-09, 07:23 PM
oooo i have to say im very, very temptd cos would be kl to just go for the ride plus jus meeting some new peeps lol, im spose to be going out tmz afternoon tho so i'll have to see if i can get out of that. aswell im on 33bph atm so wouldnt wanna hold u guys up if your on a mission? is nly a prob straight line tho tbh. aswell only came bak from the lakes last week haha...was up there climbing scarfell pike and canoeing etc

gimi a min and i'll see if i can sort tmz afternoon and let u know..other wise i'll have to wait for ur nxt spin :smt023

Why not just come along to say "hi" then at least you'll have met a few of us. The most noticeable absenteee will be Binky. He's the youngest of us by far too.:cool:

Chuky
24-07-09, 07:42 PM
Why not just come along to say "hi" then at least you'll have met a few of us. The most noticeable absenteee will be Binky. He's the youngest of us by far too.:cool:

ye thats not a bad idea, hows young is the youngest then haha i dont wanna be setting a new record...im 20 lol. hopefully it wont be raining tmz tho my textile jakets nakerd atm so haveing to ware my leathers evryday nm tho bit of rain neva hurt anyone lol.

i tink i'll do that then, save's annoying the miss's aswell by not seeing her in the afternoon lol

Lissa
24-07-09, 07:45 PM
ye thats not a bad idea, hows young is the youngest then haha i dont wanna be setting a new record...im 20 lol. hopefully it wont be raining tmz tho my textile jakets nakerd atm so haveing to ware my leathers evryday nm tho bit of rain neva hurt anyone lol.

i tink i'll do that then, save's ****ing the miss's off aswell by not seeing her in the afternoon lol

Binky is the same age as you, and he doesn't mind hanging around with the oldies! :D

Pete and I wear leathers all year, textiles are for poofs! :p

We just sling a fleece over the top for cold weather and rain. We'll be bimbling through Husbands Bosworth about 8.45am tomorrow, if you are anywhere near there then.

Chuky
24-07-09, 07:58 PM
Binky is the same age as you, and he doesn't mind hanging around with the oldies! :D

Pete and I wear leathers all year, textiles are for poofs! :p

We just sling a fleece over the top for cold weather and rain. We'll be bimbling through Husbands Bosworth about 8.45am tomorrow, if you are anywhere near there then.

lol i dont mind oldies :P but no one wants to be the youngest tho so its all gud.

aye i agree...i hate warein textiles cos they make me look like a fat old knaker i ware my leathers 99% of the time but whn i gotta go work and its hammering it dwn its minging peeling off wet leathers whn u get there lol.

ye that sounds gud...i'll try and get to Hus Bos about half 8 just incase lol and sit some where near the petrol station or post office

Lissa
24-07-09, 07:59 PM
ye that sounds gud...i'll try and get to Hus Bos about half 8 just incase lol and sit some where near the petrol station or post office

Well, you can't miss us on a bright yellow bike, two up! :D

Chuky
24-07-09, 08:02 PM
kl, cya tmz then i guess...

Lissa
24-07-09, 08:04 PM

Ok, looking forward to meeting you. :D

Mr Speirs
24-07-09, 08:38 PM

See you 2moro as well if you're still there by the time I get there.

Paws
24-07-09, 09:20 PM
im from Northants, if you fancy a bimble me & a mate are going ace cafe Sunday for suzuki day :cool:

speedplay
24-07-09, 10:12 PM
I'm in northampton.
I'm working away at the moment but go out every weekend.
If your about, feel free to give me a shout.

Rob

Lissa
25-07-09, 07:09 AM

Heading off in a few mins, so hopefully see you at HB :D

Chuky
26-07-09, 09:29 PM
im from Northants, if you fancy a bimble me & a mate are going ace cafe Sunday for suzuki day :cool:

hey thanks for the invite, i did actually think bout goin ace cafe today cos noticed it was suzuki sunday but soz i only pikd up ur message tnight tho...plus was working 2day, funnily enuf tho i walkd out tnight and told them to shuv it so whish i'd cum wiv u and playd on the bike instead.

how was it in the end anyway? be shure to shout me again if ur out and about..

Chuky
26-07-09, 09:31 PM
I'm in northampton.
I'm working away at the moment but go out every weekend.
If your about, feel free to give me a shout.

Rob

hey, awsum sounds good we'll have to ava ride sum time...will be good to meet as many local peeps as i can

Paws
26-07-09, 11:01 PM
hey thanks for the invite, i did actually think bout goin ace cafe today cos noticed it was suzuki sunday but soz i only pikd up ur message tnight tho...plus was working 2day, funnily enuf tho i walkd out tnight and told them to shuv it so whish i'd cum wiv u and playd on the bike instead.

how was it in the end anyway? be shure to shout me again if ur out and about..

In a word- cr*p lol

plowsie
27-07-09, 09:29 AM
Chuky, you know where I am :) I'll have a bike by next Summer, FACT.

Chuky
27-07-09, 09:06 PM
In a word- cr*p lol
how come lol? what was it like?

Chuky
27-07-09, 09:10 PM

kl kl, i'll give you a shout some time dude

speedplay
27-07-09, 10:09 PM

Wouldnt bother mate, he will only fall of at some random junction and take the next year healing....

love you really mate :)
stopp messing about and get a bike!!!

sv_rory
28-07-09, 01:22 PM
I'm only down the road in Milton Keynes, keep us updated if anybody's around and I will come and meet you all for a blat.