PDA

View Full Version : Happy Bunny

Lozzo
26-07-09, 09:33 PM
Yesterday and this morning were spent at Brands Hatch with a Daytona 675 in a million bits trying to sort a misfire, and then an overheating problem. I diagnosed a blocked fuel filter in the tank, which meant stripping out and totally dismantling the fuel pump and cleaning the almost inaccessible 'tea-bag' filter - and then sorting the overheating problem which race 675s are prone to, namely removing the thermostat and drilling ring of 4mm holes around the outside edge before replacing it.

This afternoon was spent watching my mate Danny Imberg, who I've spannered race bikes for over the past 3 years, taking the same 675 to its first class win in his hands.

I am over the moon

Well done ginger bloke, you rode the wheels off that thing today.

kwak zzr
26-07-09, 09:36 PM
well done lozzo! now come sort my number plate light out.

Wideboy
26-07-09, 10:01 PM
couldn't you have taken it out for a test ride? :)

lukemillar
26-07-09, 10:43 PM
Spannering? I thought you were his brolly dolly! :wink:

CoolGirl
26-07-09, 10:48 PM
ooh, my dishwasher's on the blink - would you mind stopping by?;)

As Lewis said - it's all about the team:D

Jayneflakes
26-07-09, 10:50 PM
Nice one Lozzo, got me a twenty year old CG125 that needs a super charger when you are free! :smt081

Well done to your mate too, he could not have done it with out you. :p

Paws
26-07-09, 10:59 PM
Nice one mate, im just getting baph trained to to work on my 675-well sweet talked him into fitting my private plate ;)

plowsie
27-07-09, 09:48 AM
Needs a picture in the OP loz to finish off a great little story.

Glad to see hard work was rewarded :)

Lozzo
27-07-09, 08:13 PM
Got no pics of Brands GP yet, but there's some here if you follow the link to the 2009 race reports

http://www.imbergracing.co.uk/

and for the last BSB meeting of the 2008 season we borrowed the bike that Danny bought and did one round of the Triumph Triple Challenge - look for bike number 17. It was the first time he'd ever ridden it too. If you look closely you'll see me at the end of the start finish straight in red overalls doing pit signals [Edited because this footage doesn't show the interviews]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcxZgBi_HSU

TazDaz
27-07-09, 08:48 PM
Couldn't make out no.17, but he got second! :)

Synchronised lowsides! :)

Congrats on the win at Brands!

Lozzo
27-07-09, 08:54 PM
Couldn't make out no.17, but he got second! :)

Synchronised lowsides! :)

Congrats on the win at Brands!

You'd spot him from behind, he has all black MJK leathers with a huge fluoro green No Limits logo on the back and Bella in pink across his backside

Ed
27-07-09, 09:07 PM
That is such a goddamn cool story:cool::smt023

My strictly road only 675 needs a 6K service. Please advise your charge rate:D

Lozzo
27-07-09, 09:13 PM
couldn't you have taken it out for a test ride? :)

It is customary for the mechanic to go play on a trackday on the race bike towards the end of the season. I'm waiting until Oulton Park or Donington before I say yes.

I rode the ZX10R twice, once at Mallory and again at Brands GP, I hated it.