PDA

View Full Version : Swinton Bike Insurance

madness
28-07-09, 11:17 AM
Any good?

It's approaching that time of year and the best quote on GoCompare comes from Swinton.

Just wondering if anyone has any bad experiences with Swinton.

squirrel_hunter
28-07-09, 11:30 AM
They are the worst insurance company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Stay well clear.

In the 10 years I’ve been riding I’ve only had to make one claim when some woman in a Corsa turned across me when I was filtering and I wrote her car off. They were totally unhelpful basically saying that I’d have to do everything myself. I would have to get the bike repaired myself and then submit a claim where they were unsure if I would get anything back even though it was not my fault.

At the end of the day I was left out of pocket and as I found that I wasn’t getting anywhere with them, I just gave up as I worked out that what ever I did I would loose out.

Every now and again I still get phone calls about it from them even though I told them I never wish to hear from them again; the last one was left with no doubt that they should never contact me about this ever. The last one was to see if anyone in my car suffered whiplash from the accident. They can’t even get simple facts right.

Basically go to a company that will actually provide you with insurance.

davepreston
28-07-09, 11:33 AM
swinton are bang on
only point of note is they dont issue a hire bike if its a changing lane incident (dont know if thats a standard thing with all insurance tp&t) will if fc
i also know a few of them in the bike unit (its in maidstone fwtw)and there good people who actually like and care about bikes

Quedos
28-07-09, 12:15 PM
had them last two years and had no prob's but haven't need to claim just be warned at renewal time as they pester you like mad