PDA

View Full Version : So come on, how much?

Rai86
28-07-09, 12:51 PM
Watchin the two seater Ducati GP bike at the weekend, i heard loads of rumours of how much it cost...some said it cost 2.5 grand and another bloke said nearly 4 :smt119

So what you reckon? and would you be up for it?

I'd blinking love it....apart from the fact i think Randy Mamola is awesome...just how scared and excited would you be if this happened to you

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/tlmark/Donny246.jpg

It would be awesome, proper buzz!

(picture taken by a chap on a ducati site)

Alpinestarhero
28-07-09, 12:57 PM
is that the prince on the back?!?!

Mr Speirs
28-07-09, 12:57 PM
That pic was on ducatisti wasn't it?

jamesterror
28-07-09, 12:58 PM
It looked awesome, I watched it on the Esses and when it came up the straight, would love to do it.

Rai86
28-07-09, 12:58 PM
yeh i hope they dont mind me borrowing it for this tho. :-( Bloody good catch to snap that tho. Think it was up at macleans

RichT
28-07-09, 01:02 PM
I feel sorry for the rider - touches the brakes and waits for the smack on the back of the bonce - every time. lol

Would be a pretty cool experience though...

Milky Bar Kid
28-07-09, 01:03 PM
I would probably cry if that happened to me!

stewie
28-07-09, 01:08 PM
I heard Randy Mamola speaking about it last years Moto GP, they deliberately target celebs who have an interest in biking cos they tend to give the most cash for the riders for health fund that he helped to set up, I heard you could get on for a grand, but if Ewan or Charlie walked up and offered him twenty who,d get the ride ?
http://www.riders.org/default.aspx

Rai86
28-07-09, 01:19 PM
Yeh they did seem to raise quite a bit. do they get to keep the leathers? I seem to remember they use to do something similar back in the day with a 2 seater F1 car i think...bit before my time tho.

I have to say snuggled up to randy on a bike aint that bad...really funny bloke

fizzwheel
28-07-09, 01:22 PM
I always thought it was about a grand, but I guess it depends on how many people bid for each place. IIRC they auction the rides off at Day of Champions

Last few years they seemd to get 2 laps on the back whereas this year they only seemed to get one.

If I had the spare cash I'd definately do it, what an experience.

Shows how good a rider Mamola is, one year it was lashing it down when he was doing the laps and he was still popping wheelies with unfamiliar / nervous / terrified pillions on the back.

Look at the pillion in that pic their feet arent anywhere near the pillion pegs awesome...

Rai86
28-07-09, 01:26 PM
I always thought it was about a grand, but I guess it depends on how many people bid for each place. IIRC they auction the rides off at Day of Champions

Last few years they seemd to get 2 laps on the back whereas this year they only seemed to get one.

If I had the spare cash I'd definately do it, what an experience.

Shows how good a rider Mamola is, one year it was lashing it down when he was doing the laps and he was still popping wheelies with unfamiliar / nervous / terrified pillions on the back.

They got 1 lap on each day i think so 3 laps in total.

He really must be a great rider. he is so confident that he proper throws it around dispite the pillion. Think he love scaring the karp outta them lol.

Would proper love to do it if i could. would totally love it

fizzwheel
28-07-09, 01:28 PM
Would proper love to do it if i could. would totally love it

Tell you what Rai, you pay a grand, I'll take you pillion on my GSXR and I'll scare the carp out of you with just my normal riding

Liz said I'm terrible when I've taken her pillion before :D

Rai86
28-07-09, 01:30 PM
Tell you what Rai, you pay a grand, I'll take you pillion on my GSXR and I'll scare the carp out of you with just my normal riding

Liz said I'm terrible when I've taken her pillion before :D

LOL how does half a pack of crisps and a chewed pen sound?

fizzwheel
28-07-09, 01:31 PM
What flavour crisps ?

Rai86
28-07-09, 01:32 PM
Flaming hot monster munch....

fizzwheel
28-07-09, 01:42 PM
Flaming hot monster munch....

Yuck, :pale: deals off...

hindle8907
28-07-09, 01:51 PM
lmao .
does look good though

STRAMASHER
28-07-09, 01:55 PM
Watchin the two seater Ducati GP bike at the weekend, i heard loads of rumours of how much it cost...some said it cost 2.5 grand and another bloke said nearly 4 :smt119

So what you reckon? and would you be up for it?

I'd blinking love it....apart from the fact i think Randy Mamola is awesome...just how scared and excited would you be if this happened to you

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/tlmark/Donny246.jpg

It would be awesome, proper buzz!

(picture taken by a chap on a ducati site)

Great pic!

Saw that happening. At the top of Macleans, 1st lap with the "sack o' tatties" on the back. The pussy had his head down Randys' back coming up the hill. Bet they leathers whiffed a bit back in the pits.

Caused much hilarity:D

Spiderman
28-07-09, 02:05 PM
Oh i'd be so up for some of that. I took a random starnger for a quick blast on my bike on night at Soho, some crazy aussie chick who said the thing she missed most about her ex b/f was his bike, lol. How could i refuse eh? (there is a reason i'm telling you this). I took her thru the underpass at Hyde Park Corner to nejoy the sound of the can and she was screaming at me, faster FAAAAASSSSSTTTTERRRRR!!

Thas what i'be be like on the back of that Ducati, screaming like a girl. Dunno if i'd be saying faster or OMG, I'm gonna die, tho :lol:

Nick_69
28-07-09, 03:46 PM
I would love to do that, would deferently pay a grand for it.

Wideboy
28-07-09, 05:08 PM
i wasnt at donnington?........ and would everyone stop going on about the GP and how great it was :smt089 its over!

I'd like to do it, but seriously, a grand? god could be riding it for all i care, I'd rather pay to ride it not sit on the back

MR UKI (1)
28-07-09, 07:00 PM
This site was offering 2 laps last year, prices near bottom

http://mailman.ec1.net/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/archive/motovip/20080405014452/

Rai86
28-07-09, 07:56 PM
Not sure i'd pay a grrand...unless i got the leathers and tickets and lots of love from lorenzo thrown in with it.

Does look well fun...love being scared.

WP ...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha you missed a awesome weekend :p

Lozzo
28-07-09, 08:33 PM
You wouldn't catch me going pillion with anyone I didn't know well, and I don't know Randy Mamola at all, so that rules him right out of the equation.

I wasn't at Donington either, but I had an awesome weekend all the same

fizzwheel
28-07-09, 08:36 PM
iI'd rather pay to ride it not sit on the back

Me to, I fear it would be a cold day in hell before that happened though...

How much nicer do the 990's sound than the 800's though. I miss the 990 Moto GP bikes.

Rai86
28-07-09, 08:47 PM
How much nicer do the 990's sound than the 800's though. I miss the 990 Moto GP bikes.

Agreed