PDA

View Full Version : Come on then, why'd it happen?

Baph
28-07-09, 04:04 PM
Recent events have just been brought to my attention, so I figured I'd start this thread. I've been accused in the past of starting threads/posting to get a reaction. If that's how you view this, well, I feel sorry for you. I've currently got enough going off in my life to keep me more than occupied (though I'm not denying I might of been a tad 'playful' in the past).
Why didn't I PM this to the mods? Well, it's a public forum & I chose not to. :)

I thought about posting a 'Where is...' thread in a similar style to the one about Dangerous Dave, but I figured that'd be too subtle.

So, what am I getting at? Simple, Jester.

I wasn't aware of what's happened until a few minutes ago, and I'm struggling to fathom who felt it appropriate to ban him from the site. Feel free to tell me he's not banned, but it's strange how when accessing the site from his IP address, the forum tells him he's banned before he even logs in.

For those not in the clique, sorry, in the know, the friction with happened for two reasons. Firstly, there was an agreement to sell items via the For Sale section. Jester was selling them, and they apparently never turned up. Surely that is a matter for the individuals to sort out, and more specifically, the courier service used. IMO, the site shouldn't be wading into arguments like that taking sides.

Secondly, I've just learnt of friction caused by a recent relationship. Those involved know the details, and I'm not about to get too involved with that. Again, I don't really see what that has to do with anyone other than the two individuals that were in the relationship. Yes, take sides with friends, but drag the site into it?

So again, I'm still trying to fathom why the site got so involved. Why was he banned? I've always had a good laugh with him when we've met, I've had a couple of 'arguments' on the site with him, yes, but I can barely remember them, and I've probably argued with almost everyone on the site.

To the mods: I fully expect this post to be edited much like recent posts in Soho that have had Jesters name removed. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I was banned for posting this & not fitting in with the clique - but those that know me in real life know I tend to avoid cliques anyway.

Jester, if you see this, drinks are on me next time at the Ace. :)

plowsie
28-07-09, 04:07 PM
Can of Worms has officially been opened. This is gonna be a bumpy ride.

the_lone_wolf
28-07-09, 04:09 PM
http://membres.lycos.fr/fredrichung/forum/i%20like%20were%20this%20thread%20is%20going.jpg

dizzyblonde
28-07-09, 04:09 PM
errrrrrr confused.com:smt017:confused:

ophic
28-07-09, 04:10 PM
Recent events have just been brought to my attention, so I figured I'd start this thread. I've been accused in the past of starting threads/posting to get a reaction. If that's how you view this, well, I feel sorry for you. I've currently got enough going off in my life to keep me more than occupied (though I'm not denying I might of been a tad 'playful' in the past).
Why didn't I PM this to the mods? Well, it's a public forum & I chose not to. :)

I thought about posting a 'Where is...' thread in a similar style to the one about Dangerous Dave, but I figured that'd be too subtle.

So, what am I getting at? Simple, Jester.

I wasn't aware of what's happened until a few minutes ago, and I'm struggling to fathom who felt it appropriate to ban him from the site. Feel free to tell me he's not banned, but it's strange how when accessing the site from his IP address, the forum tells him he's banned before he even logs in.

For those not in the clique, sorry, in the know, the friction with happened for two reasons. Firstly, there was an agreement to sell items via the For Sale section. Jester was selling them, and they apparently never turned up. Surely that is a matter for the individuals to sort out, and more specifically, the courier service used. IMO, the site shouldn't be wading into arguments like that taking sides.

Secondly, I've just learnt of friction caused by a recent relationship. Those involved know the details, and I'm not about to get too involved with that. Again, I don't really see what that has to do with anyone other than the two individuals that were in the relationship. Yes, take sides with friends, but drag the site into it?

So again, I'm still trying to fathom why the site got so involved. Why was he banned? I've always had a good laugh with him when we've met, I've had a couple of 'arguments' on the site with him, yes, but I can barely remember them, and I've probably argued with almost everyone on the site.

To the mods: I fully expect this post to be edited much like recent posts in Soho that have had Jesters name removed. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I was banned for posting this & not fitting in with the clique - but those that know me in real life know I tend to avoid cliques anyway.

Jester, if you see this, drinks are on me next time at the Ace. :)
Just quoting to make it twice as much work to edit :D

keithd
28-07-09, 04:14 PM
talk of cliques is a bit ridiculous in my view, but if its yours then thats fine by me

wasnt ware of any of this hulabaloo til you mentioned it, but i'm sure the reasons go beyond what you know.

just my guess.

peace love and crisps.

rictus01
28-07-09, 04:14 PM
I wasn't aware Paul had been banned, but if that's so, I wouldn't be presuming about why and telling other users why people are banned isn't a requirement of being a mod, but asked via PM would be the way forward, but I guess youe "playfulness" has come to the for again.

Cheers Mark.

plowsie
28-07-09, 04:15 PM
I think TBH, business is business at the end of the day Baph, like you say above, it is down to the two individuals to sort it is it not? Then why do you feel the need to air it?

Paul is a friend, but I don't see what the point of this is.

ophic
28-07-09, 04:16 PM
telling other users why people are banned isn't a requirement of being a mod
perhaps it should be?

Baph
28-07-09, 04:17 PM
Then why do you feel the need to air it?

As both you & I said, business is business. I don't think I'll be able to sell anything via this site, knowing that if it doesn't arrive I risk being banned.

Warthog
28-07-09, 04:19 PM
I didn't even know Jester was gone! I have been on holiday for a while. Shame though, he was nice when I talked to him, and I always thought he was a stalwart here?

Alpinestarhero
28-07-09, 04:19 PM
Hi Baph, welcome back :makelurve:

plowsie
28-07-09, 04:20 PM
As both you & I said, business is business. I don't think I'll be able to sell anything via this site, knowing that if it doesn't arrive I risk being banned.
But, do you know the full ins and outs of this? Are you sure your 'source' has informed you rightly?

As I class you as a good friend mate, I'd say check your 'source' has told you everything, before you make a plank out of yourself...

Bibio
28-07-09, 04:31 PM
at the end of the day i think it's up to the mods who they ban or what posts they delete and i'm sure that they take everything into consideration before doing so. i would like to think that people aren't just banned/posts deleted willy-nilly. as someone has already said it's a public forum for the pleasure of the people who post on it. yes ok things get a bit heated now and again between people but it's usually sorted out in the end.

fizzwheel
28-07-09, 04:32 PM
Baph with respect

1. This is none of your business.
2. I was under the impression that you had left the forum, so now you turn up out what seems like the blue 1 week before the AR in order to stir up sh*te

If anybody has a problem I would suggest that we sort it out via PM as I have no wish to drag indivual(s) names through the mud in public.

Theres two sides to every story and Baph with respect you've only heard one

Thread locked