PDA

View Full Version : moronic friends

Wideboy
28-07-09, 08:15 PM
i have a friend (yes really) who is meant to be quite intelligent but it appears he's not.

i was meant to be doing that free track day at Oulton park and managed to higher a transit for a rock bottom low price off one of my other friends and i was going to drive me and my biker friend up with the bikes in the back. I had to pull out a few weeks ago as i couldn't afford it so felt a bit guilty as my mate was relying on me as he cant drive, so Saturday i had a word with my other mate to see if he could set up this same deal but for my biker mate if he could get a driver, he said yes...... on conditions that the person driving had 0 points and no convictions (this was made clear), biker friend agrees and confirms that his driver had no points or convictions.

As we where on the subject my biker mate tells me about a up coming local track day where you can apparently turn up, pay and race with no need to sign up.... great! i thought, after speaking to the organisers i found out you do have to book it as its usually sold out some time before the day. Was a little annoyed at my friend and phoned them to explain what i'd found out to which the reply was..... "oh yeah... erm that's what i did" :rolleyes:

fast forward to present day, my mate sets up the deal and said friend goes to pick up the transit, now bearing in mind the condition was that the driver had no points or convictions...... driver turns up with 3 points for driving with no insurance and no license.... because he was waiting to get it back after a 2 yr ban which was gained from maxing out the 12 point limit :rolleyes:

im pretty annoyed after feeling so guilty and setting up a deal for him, a deal that pi$$ed off my other mate when it fell through just because of his stupidity :smt012

davepreston
28-07-09, 08:17 PM
your mates a mong and was chancing his arm

Milky Bar Kid
28-07-09, 08:41 PM
Dont think you have anything to be guilty for AT ALL!