PDA

View Full Version : AR 10 locations....

Kinvig
28-07-09, 08:34 PM
Well, some of the Soho lot had a pizza night tonight & there was a bit of chit chat about locations for AR10.

It was noted that previous AR's were a bit hard to get to for those of us that are vehicularily-challenged. An wouldn't it be *so* much easier for everyone if AR10 was, I dunno, somewhere near a frequent public transport infrastructure. Somewhere central, so that all the orgers throughout the country could get there easily. Mebbe a place with train stops, tube stops, tram stops, airports, heck even tram stops and water boat services.......

So folks you have it: AR10 - the London Bash

All we need to do is decide where to have it!!!!!!

There's a poll, get voting!!!!

SoulKiss
28-07-09, 08:36 PM
Well, some of the Soho lot had a pizza night tonight & there was a bit of chit chat about locations for AR10.

It was noted that previous AR's were a bit hard to get to for those of us that are vehicularily-challenged. An wouldn't it be *so* much easier for everyone if AR10 was, I dunno, somewhere near a frequent public transport infrastructure. Somewhere central, so that all the orgers throughout the country could get there easily. Mebbe a place with train stops, tube stops, tram stops, airports, heck even tram stops and water boat services.......

So folks you have it: AR10 - the London Bash

All we need to do is decide where to have it!!!!!!

There's a poll, get voting!!!!

Dirk, Dirk, Dirk,

If you could be bothered to search you will see that London has ALREADY been nominated for AR12 to coincide with the Olympics.

Please, get with the project.

Kinvig
28-07-09, 08:37 PM
Dirk, Dirk, Dirk,

If you could be bothered to search you will see that London has ALREADY been nominated for AR12 to coincide with the Olympics.

Please, get with the project.

You forgot to vote....!

dizzyblonde
28-07-09, 09:08 PM
yeah i think you had too much fizzy pop with your pizza, if you think AR10 would be in London, I think you'd have an org meltdown, and you'd be there on your own.....apart from the locals.

BTW London is not central.;-)

So where is the Centre of England?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_points_of_the_United_Kingdom

Wideboy
28-07-09, 09:09 PM
i cant go into the big city's, the lights and everything overload my senses, back to the yokal i go :-|

El Saxo
28-07-09, 09:15 PM
It's got to be the dome, surely! After all it's just a massive tent...

The previous 2 ARs have ended up wth most of us huddled together under the same shelter anyway cos of the rain, so the bigger the tent the better! :D

richie95
28-07-09, 09:16 PM
greenwich park fantastic views, great bacon rolls and excellent parking....

Red Herring
28-07-09, 09:16 PM
It was noted that previous AR's were a bit hard to get to for those of us that are vehicularily-challenged.

That's strange because I always thought this was a motorcycle forum.....

Wideboy
28-07-09, 09:18 PM
The previous 2 ARs have ended up wth most of us huddled together under the same shelter anyway cos of the rain, so the bigger the tent the better! :D

ermm......yeah......cos of the rain 8-[

dizzyblonde
28-07-09, 09:20 PM
The previous 2 ARs have ended up wth most of us huddled together under the same shelter anyway cos of the rain,

funny that, the last AR 'the same shelter' was the pub:p

Kinvig
28-07-09, 09:20 PM
That's strange because I always thought this was a motorcycle forum.....

Nope - it's an SV650 forum, but have you ever seen an SV650 at any org meet up?

;o)

dizzyblonde
28-07-09, 09:21 PM
Nope - it's an SV650 forum, but have you ever seen an SV650 at any org meet up?

;o)

:laughat:yeah, plenty.

More to the point has anyone ever seen my yellow SV at an AR:(

Specialone
28-07-09, 09:21 PM
peak district...
or somewhere in the MIDlands

fizzwheel
28-07-09, 09:31 PM
At the risk of being shouted at...

Are we not getting ahead of ourselves here.

I'm to busy looking forward to AR09 to be thinking about next years AR.

hovis
28-07-09, 09:33 PM
AR10 = wales

that is all

Kinvig
28-07-09, 09:36 PM
At the risk of being shouted at...

I'm pretty sure that anyone & everyone that read this thread knows that I'm not being serious!

Red Herring
28-07-09, 09:38 PM
AR10 = wales

that is all

Wales = rain

Should be perfect.....

rictus01
28-07-09, 09:38 PM
I'm pretty sure that anyone & everyone that read this thread knows that I'm not being serious!

can't we have it at you accident site ?

Kinvig
28-07-09, 09:42 PM
can't we have it at you accident site ?

um, which one?

rictus01
28-07-09, 09:44 PM
um, which one?

which is the furthest you got ?

missyburd
28-07-09, 09:45 PM
I'm to busy looking forward to AR09 to be thinking about next years AR.
Ye, thought it was common practice to start organising it after the last event? Either way, none of those choices jump out at me, sorreeee :p

GeneticBubble
28-07-09, 09:47 PM
I vote for basingstoke...

or whichever is closest ;)

Kinvig
28-07-09, 09:49 PM
which is the furthest you got ?

<--------------

Ahh, the Kazak steppe, off road. 27 hours away from the nearest hospital. Happy days.

Lovely scenery, sand, more sand, salt water lakes and funnel web spider webs. I was mainly dehydrated due to the heat & in pain & scared of getting bitten.

I vote not to have the AR 10 there (though my tent is probably still there along with the breakables from my bike). It lacks the proper facilities....

rictus01
28-07-09, 09:51 PM
<--------------

Ahh, the Kazak steppe, off road. 27 hours away from the nearest hospital. Happy days.

Lovely scenery, sand, more sand, salt water lakes and funnel web spider webs. I was mainly dehydrated due to the heat & in pain & scared of getting bitten.

I vote not to have the AR 10 there (though my tent is probably still there along with the breakables from my bike). It lacks the proper facilities....

now you're just being picky.....always one isn't their....:smt102

:smt042

Cheers Mark.

Spiderman
28-07-09, 11:54 PM
Hyde Park is nice.

Messie
29-07-09, 06:07 AM
Ew none of them. They're all rubbish I don't want to go that far there's nothing nice to look at and I spent too much time there in my youth I don't want to go back and it'll cost way too much money and there beer there is made of wee.

;)

keith_d
29-07-09, 06:28 AM
North Wales, of course. We can all ride around at _exactly_ the speed limit with our legal cans and big number plates prominently on display.

And every time we pass a scamera van we can check whether our rev limiters are set correctly...

xXBADGERXx
29-07-09, 06:30 AM
Any AR anywhere = Beeeeches whingeing about where it is

xXBADGERXx
29-07-09, 06:32 AM
North Wales, of course. We can all ride around at _exactly_ the speed limit with our legal cans and big number plates prominently on display.

And every time we pass a scamera van we can check whether our rev limiters are set correctly...

A very narrow minded and Ill informed view of North Wales you have there , In 17 years I have yet to receive any points whatsoever , my can is right up there with the loudest on offer , I don`t hang around exactly and have only seen the Scamera van on something like 5 occasions .

Alpinestarhero
29-07-09, 06:44 AM
If we have the grenwich one, can we mix the north circ into the route? its a lovely road, lots of high-speed chicanes.....and staples corner up and over the flyover past brent cross :smt041

few laps of hangar lane gyrotary aswell?

Quiff Wichard
29-07-09, 08:23 AM
can we do it on that big common where all the dogging and the gay activity goes on..

I would just sit back with a Beer and watch the BEAR wear himself out..

after all. nowt camper than a row of tents..

Sosha
29-07-09, 10:56 AM
If we have the grenwich one, can we mix the north circ into the route? its a lovely road, lots of high-speed chicanes.....and staples corner up and over the flyover past brent cross :smt041

few laps of hangar lane gyrotary aswell?

Oohh and the Aldwich (sp?) GP, & Park Royal Table top, Taking in the Heathrow perimeter road & the Kingston one way system?

SoulKiss
29-07-09, 11:05 AM
Oohh and the Aldwich (sp?) GP, & Park Royal Table top, Taking in the Heathrow perimeter road & the Kingston one way system?

Hmm, down Aldwich from Holborn, round to Waterloo Bridge (watch out for cyclists), round the IMAX, then back over the bridge for the Strand Underpas - imagine it with 40 bikes in it :)

jambo
29-07-09, 11:05 AM
I think Clapham common. We could do timed laps of the elephant & castle, there's at least 3 configurations we could set up, a sort of "short indy circuit".

:driving:

Sudoxe
29-07-09, 11:08 AM
I think Clapham common. We could do timed laps of the elephant & castle, there's at least 3 configurations we could set up, a sort of "short indy circuit".

:driving:

I just like the clapham common roundabout as it is! Coming from the south circ, past the first speed camera, up to speed, down a gear for the first corner, throw it in, up a gear, more speed, past the anti speeding signs, ready for the next corner, it's a one way system so on the other side ready for the right hander, all the way round. Awesome on the right day! :driving:

stewie
29-07-09, 12:07 PM
We could use the M25 for the rideout, with stops at the services for cheap fuel and nosh ;)

Sir Trev
29-07-09, 01:08 PM
We could use the M25 for the rideout, with stops at the services for cheap fuel and nosh ;)

What colour is the sky on your planet?

Viney
29-07-09, 01:24 PM
East midlands airport

plowsie
29-07-09, 01:26 PM
I take it this thread is a joke? Or not?

:confused:

Viney
29-07-09, 01:29 PM
Seriously, we need to go to wales next year

hovis
29-07-09, 01:30 PM

:smt038

Spiderman
29-07-09, 01:32 PM
Seeing as you cant really go that fast in londinium cos of the traffics, perhaps we could just have a mad wheelie competition up and down the Mall. I'm sure her maj, Herr Queenie would love to see a bit of that out her window.

Oh and we must stay away from the yankee embassy. the soho-ers will know why :lol:

plowsie
29-07-09, 01:34 PM
What, to shut Hovis up ;) :lol:

jambo
29-07-09, 01:35 PM
's OK I'm pretty sure he's volenteered to organise it this year ;)

hovis
29-07-09, 01:36 PM

:thumbsup:

SoulKiss
29-07-09, 01:38 PM

Well he has organised one Ride Out already... :bom:

Richie
29-07-09, 01:38 PM
yeah i think you had too much fizzy pop with your pizza, if you think AR10 would be in London, I think you'd have an org meltdown, and you'd be there on your own.....apart from the locals.

So where is the Centre of England? .

How about adding on Wales and Scotland and N.Ireland to the map and then find the center of Great Britain. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2271914.stm#story)

Haltwhistle , right on the edge of the Keilder Forest Park.... Nows there's a Ride out Road and a Half.....

SoulKiss
29-07-09, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=dizzyblonde;1986759]yeah i think you had too much fizzy pop with your pizza, if you think AR10 would be in London, I think you'd have an org meltdown, and you'd be there on your own.....apart from the locals.

So where is the Centre of England?

How about adding on Walse and Scotland and N.Ireland to the map and then find the center of Great Britain.

Heres a clue - its called "The Midlands" :)

I heard that Milton Keynes is the most central point with regards to transport links.

Most of the big LARP events are held in Derbyshire due to being central-ish, so a Peak District Event maybe - if there is camping somewhere near Sheffield that would work

Only problem I can see is would you REALLY want to add another 100 bikes to Snake Pass on a Saturday?

Viney
29-07-09, 01:45 PM
What, to shut Hovis up ;) :lol:No because wales is cool for motorcycle type adventures. Just stay away from the north

:smt032

Sosha
29-07-09, 01:52 PM
Seeing as you cant really go that fast in londinium cos of the traffics, perhaps we could just have a mad wheelie competition up and down t...

Hmmm - Well I suppose the M4 Gunners to Hammersmith slalom event could be added... Or the A40 El...

plowsie
29-07-09, 01:53 PM
No because wales is cool for motorcycle type adventures. Just stay away from the north

Its appears you and I will both be in the north this weekend, almost the same versinity :shock: ;)

Both not on Motorcycles :lol:

plowsie
29-07-09, 01:54 PM
Only problem I can see is would you REALLY want to add another 100 bikes to Snake Pass on a Saturday?
If a time-trialed event...Why not :twisted:

stewie
29-07-09, 03:18 PM
What colour is the sky on your planet?
A sort of light grey this afternoon, thanks for asking ;)

_Stretchie_
29-07-09, 03:36 PM

You could tie him up and gag him and THAT STILL wouldn't shut him up!

Erm, apparantly :(

Luckypants
29-07-09, 04:13 PM
No because wales is cool for motorcycle type adventures. Just stay away from the north

On all the rideouts organised in N. Wales, we have not had any trouble (touches wood, lucky rabbit's feet, voodoo dolls etc). The only folks to be stopped were Pete and Lissa - and we all know they are nutters! :geek: One or two have been stopped after leaving the ride outs, but they don't count! :D

So I should stop looking at camp sites? :smt077

xXBADGERXx
29-07-09, 04:37 PM
I`ve already pointed out their Ill-Informed opinion of North Wales is sadly lacking .

Lissa
29-07-09, 04:41 PM
The only folks to be stopped were Pete and Lissa - and we all know they are nutters! :they don't count! :D

We got stopped by a cop who was human and had common sense! No problem. :D

Spiderman
29-07-09, 04:44 PM
We got stopped by a cop who was human and had common sense! No problem. :D

I've heard they exist but until now assumed it was just an urban myth! ;)

xXBADGERXx
29-07-09, 04:52 PM
Anyhooo , if we DID have an AR in London , we could ask the Ace Cafe to host a day for us and maybe knock us a T shirt up for the Org as well ;)

davepreston
29-07-09, 04:53 PM
yorkshire dales or lake district :)
let the battle commence

hovis
29-07-09, 04:55 PM
yorkshire dales or lake district :)

that was 2007........ i think

davepreston
29-07-09, 04:57 PM
could someone bang up a list of where all the ar's have been so far

hovis
29-07-09, 04:59 PM
http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135

although nobody said you cant go back there

dizzyblonde
29-07-09, 05:03 PM
I must admit the campsite for AR07 was actually the best venue so far IMO(since I joined the org). It had a massive field, a bar on site, facilities(showers), I think a bunkhouse too. Settle was just up the road and had great food places, the fuel station and alcofrol shop.

Only thing is the rideout itself didn't show the best roads up there.......and theres DEER!! Dizzy doesn't like the A65 :-(

And no i wouldn't volunteer to organise one in my area....I'm mentally unstable and the stress would kill me.

hovis
29-07-09, 05:42 PM
I must admit the campsite for AR07 was actually the best venue so far IMO(since I joined the org). It had a massive field, a bar on site, facilities(showers), I think a bunkhouse too. .

thjat does sound perfect, how many went though? as your looking at finding somwhere with all the above that will cater for 100+ (i think 07 was a bit down on numbers due to the weather? (i could be wrong))

Dan
29-07-09, 05:50 PM
How about adding on Wales and Scotland and N.Ireland to the map and then find the center of Great Britain. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2271914.stm#story)

Haltwhistle , right on the edge of the Keilder Forest Park.... Nows there's a Ride out Road and a Half.....

Spot on. Not far from the venue we had lined up either.