PDA

View Full Version : AR Foody Stuff

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 10:25 AM
Right guys........I'm bringing some cakes and stuff in the car but was wondering if there were any celiacs coming as I can go and get some gluten/wheat free flour if there are and do some celiac friendly cakes as well.

Let me know if you want some!

Graciepants
29-07-09, 10:26 AM
GG you are amazing, you really are

SoulKiss
29-07-09, 10:27 AM
Right guys........I'm bringing some cakes and stuff in the car but was wondering if there were any celiacs coming as I can go and get some gluten/wheat free flour if there are and do some celiac friendly cakes as well.

Let me know if you want some!

What about Sugar-Free for the Diabetics? :) :)

the_lone_wolf
29-07-09, 10:28 AM

+1

unfortunately now I have this unerasable mental image of what GG is going to look like:

http://toowoombaquilters.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/blonded-cake-lady.jpg

:eek:

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 10:28 AM

Why thank you GP! :smt058

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 10:29 AM
What about Sugar-Free for the Diabetics? :) :)

Okidoke......consider it done!

SoulKiss
29-07-09, 10:30 AM
Okidoke......consider it done!

Merci Beaucoup :)

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 10:46 AM
TLW...that's hilarious.....but here's how boring I actually look....

Telling Dan off for taking my picture.....
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/gruntygiggles/Food/CameraPictures3295Medium.jpg

Not bothered about having my picture taken as I have a beer now...
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/gruntygiggles/Food/CameraPictures3297Medium.jpg

And finally.......a pic of the soup I will be bringing a load of if anyone wants some on Friday night......
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/gruntygiggles/Food/CameraPictures3293Medium.jpg

the_lone_wolf
29-07-09, 10:54 AM
TLW...that's hilarious.....but here's how boring I actually look....

I reckon with the right pattern apron and a portable window ledge we could get a pretty good likeness:D

Was the plan to be selling the cakes or simply as freebies? Might be worth putting an optional charity bucket out to give to the air ambulance or cancer research, I'd certainly pitch in with a couple of quid for home made baking plus your time and effort, even a fiver if you wore the apron8-)

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 10:58 AM
I reckon with the right pattern apron and a portable window ledge we could get a pretty good likeness:D

Was the plan to be selling the cakes or simply as freebies? Might be worth putting an optional charity bucket out to give to the air ambulance or cancer research, I'd certainly pitch in with a couple of quid for home made baking plus your time and effort, even a fiver if you wore the apron8-)

Well, I wasn't going to say you have to pay to have something as I'm not sure I can make enough of everything for everyone, but was going to say that 50p or something would cover my costs. I suppose yes though, if anyone wanted to donate, I could then arrange for some to cover costs and the rest go to a chosen charity.

Good idea TLW.

Kuze
29-07-09, 11:06 AM
Well, I wasn't going to say you have to pay to have something as I'm not sure I can make enough of everything for everyone, but was going to say that 50p or something would cover my costs. I suppose yes though, if anyone wanted to donate, I could then arrange for some to cover costs and the rest go to a chosen charity.

Good idea TLW.

Its a plan and anything with chocolate in i'll wolf down.

Long as the OH doesnt see!

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 11:11 AM
Its a plan and anything with chocolate in i'll wolf down.

Long as the OH doesnt see!

Dunno about chocolate...........maybe I'll make a load of chewy choc chip cookies for the chocolate element!

hovis
29-07-09, 11:13 AM
you could get a wallpaper table thingy and have a cake sale=D>

what is that?

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/gruntygiggles/Food/CameraPictures3297Medium.jpg

Owenski
29-07-09, 11:14 AM
I like cake

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 11:15 AM
That hovis was bread........filled bread. I rolled it up and baked it. Next time, I will roll it up, cut in into pieces and bake little individual ones that I can drizzle a little of the chorizo oil into them.

hovis
29-07-09, 11:15 AM
Right guys........I'm bringing some cakes and stuff

the and stuff intrests me, as i dont realy have a sweet tooth

oh, i thought it was a pizza

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 11:29 AM
the and stuff intrests me, as i dont realy have a sweet tooth

oh, i thought it was a pizza

Do you like asian style foods? The soup I'm bringing is a delicatley flavoured chicken noodle soup, but with coconut milk and with a little asian spicing and flavours. It's not hot, but the ginger and chilli in it make it very warming, with the little bit of lime and the total lack of fat/cream etc keeping it light.

SoulKiss
29-07-09, 11:36 AM
Do you like asian style foods? The soup I'm bringing is a delicatley flavoured chicken noodle soup, but with coconut milk and with a little asian spicing and flavours. It's not hot, but the ginger and chilli in it make it very warming, with the little bit of lime and the total lack of fat/cream etc keeping it light.

Should go well with my Turbo Ginger Beer :)

hovis
29-07-09, 11:36 AM
yup.:kiss:

sounds yummy

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 11:53 AM
Coolio....not sure there'll be enough for everyone, but that is good because I doubt everyone will want some!

I just made a batch of sugar free cupcakes to test a recipe and my hand is buzzing from the electric whisk meaning I keep making typos and have to go back and correct....lol

Spiderman
29-07-09, 12:43 PM
Has that loony Stretchie proposed to you yet GG? if not you may well find me on bended knee after i taste your soup (so soooooo good) and cakes and cookies (chewy cookies are real cookies, yay for you).

I may only be able to offer you a bit of twisted tin foil for a ring and i'm nowhere near as good looking ats that hansome devil Stretchie but i will love you dearly.
or at least eat everything and make sure nothig is wasted :)

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 12:49 PM
Has that loony Stretchie proposed to you yet GG? if not you may well find me on bended knee after i taste your soup (so soooooo good) and cakes and cookies (chewy cookies are real cookies, yay for you).

I may only be able to offer you a bit of twisted tin foil for a ring and i'm nowhere near as good looking ats that hansome devil Stretchie but i will love you dearly.
or at least eat everything and make sure nothig is wasted :)

Erm....I'll bear that in mind Spidey!

LOL......I'll show him your post and watch him laugh. Good things come to those who wait eh?

_Stretchie_
29-07-09, 12:55 PM
Has that loony Stretchie proposed to you yet GG?

:smt107

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 01:02 PM

I don't like that face. Does the thought of marrying me make you feel like that???

hovis
29-07-09, 01:05 PM
I don't like that face. Does the thought of marrying me make you feel like that???
:(

i'd marry you:kiss:

_Stretchie_
29-07-09, 01:05 PM
Not at all babyness, I :smt049 you...

I just don't want to cheapen the experience when it happens by doing it just after someone asks about it, because then you'll think I've only done it because someone brought it up and I want you to be absolutley sure that I have asked you because I WANT TO

:smt008

Spiderman
29-07-09, 01:06 PM

Should i wait till ive met her before i go on any further then? Is she one of those girls that looks nice and easy going and all that good stuff but is really the devil in disguise then?

has she poisoned the soup as she read my post?

lily
29-07-09, 01:07 PM

I just don't want to cheapen the experience when it happens by doing it just after someone asks about it, because then you'll think I've only done it because someone brought it up and I want you to be absolutley sure that I have asked you because I WANT TO

Pass a bucket!

_Stretchie_
29-07-09, 01:10 PM
Is she one of those girls that looks nice and easy going and all that good stuff but is really the devil in disguise then?

Deffo not, she's my little bundle of loveliness

Pass a bucket!

Ingredients for a pie ??

SoulKiss
29-07-09, 01:16 PM

Schmooth Shmooze Move oh Stretchie one.

I can see why you do so well in 2nd hand car sales now :)

Kuze
29-07-09, 01:21 PM

He doesnt have a friend that asks this question every other week does he? Thus permantely avoiding the issue?!

How romantic would it be surrounded by a hundred ish sweaty men and women in leathers with engines revving in the background and spent pints on the ground.

Yea you've got a point strechie.

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 01:30 PM
He doesnt have a friend that asks this question every other week does he? Thus permantely avoiding the issue?!

How romantic would it be surrounded by a hundred ish sweaty men and women in leathers with engines revving in the background and spent pints on the ground.

Yea you've got a point strechie.

I think he must do! The excuse between now and next October (or beyond) will be that our neighbour has just announced that she's getting married then.

I could be waiting a long time, so I'll keep Spidey and Hovis posted! AT least Hovis is Welsh!!!

SoulKiss
29-07-09, 01:32 PM
AT least Hovis is Welsh!!!

Correction - he LIVES in Wales...

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 01:36 PM
Well, I know, but he did move there as a wee nipper so it'll do!

hovis
29-07-09, 01:38 PM
Well, I know, but he did move there as a wee nipper so it'll do!

diolch yn fawr

:p

_Stretchie_
29-07-09, 01:38 PM
AT least Hovis is Welsh!!!

We all have an affliction my dear...

I happen to be yours

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 01:41 PM
We all have an affliction my dear...

I happen to be yours

YAWN......I'm bored talking to you at the moment. I am awaiting the arrival of Saxo......at least I get genuine affection from him!

Kuze
29-07-09, 01:42 PM
What have we done?!?!??!

Spiderman
29-07-09, 01:56 PM
I dunno but i still want cake.

_Stretchie_
29-07-09, 01:56 PM
What have we done?!?!??!

She meant me

Saxo will save the day, he'll be soggy, but he'll save the day

Owenski
29-07-09, 02:05 PM
i dunno but i still want cake.

i like cake

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 02:25 PM
She meant me

Saxo will save the day, he'll be soggy, but he'll save the day

He always does, becuase he is consistently nice....not just when he's getting something out of it!

And yes, that was directed at you................everyone else gets cake !!!

_Stretchie_
29-07-09, 02:31 PM
That's mean, spiteful and horrible

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 02:35 PM
That's mean, spiteful and horrible

Yeah, great one love......steal one line inults from my MUM why don't you!

Want her to wipe your ar$e next???

the_lone_wolf
29-07-09, 02:38 PM
It's like www.jeremykyle.com in here all of a sudden

:eek:

Kuze
29-07-09, 02:45 PM
Yea i know wolf thats why i wrote what ave we done. I feel sorry for stretchie now.

Still we get cake and thats all good by me cheers GG

_Stretchie_
29-07-09, 02:49 PM
Yea i know wolf thats why i wrote what ave we done. I feel sorry for stretchie now.

:smt010

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 03:19 PM

Don't feel bad for him....you have no idea how lucky he is and he knows I'm sat here giggling and that he's going to get a big ol' kiss and cuddle when he gets home, he's just going for the sympathy vote here!

_Stretchie_
29-07-09, 03:26 PM
No I am not

:---)

Spiderman
29-07-09, 03:49 PM
And sympathy cake too i'd bet. Git.

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 04:04 PM
And sympathy cake too i'd bet. Git.

Actually yes......I just frosted some of the cupcakes I made so he and Saxo can gobbles them up before or after dinner!

Actually, I think Saxo deserves one as soon as he gets here with a nice brew as he'll have had an awful ride down in this weather!

Spiderman
29-07-09, 05:11 PM
Last time i saw Stretchie was at Coolgirls birthday BBQ a couple of years ago now.
Surley with all this good food on offer constantly he is now the size of a house? Presumably a large detached house too. If not then i hate him every so slightly more now.

Hate with jealousy sprinkled on top of course :)

gruntygiggles
29-07-09, 05:17 PM
Last time i saw Stretchie was at Coolgirls birthday BBQ a couple of years ago now.
Surley with all this good food on offer constantly he is now the size of a house? Presumably a large detached house too. If not then i hate him every so slightly more now.

Hate with jealousy sprinkled on top of course :)

He has expanded a bit, but not as much as I have. Look at my pics in this thread and look at my avatar......avatar taken just before I met Stretchie!!!

_Stretchie_
29-07-09, 05:36 PM
Yeah, my 'estate' has expanded in the last 18 months.

Beenz
30-07-09, 12:05 PM
Yeah, my 'estate' has expanded in the last 18 months.

Have you been looking after the stuff I lost over the last year :p

_Stretchie_
30-07-09, 12:14 PM
Yoo Beenz, yes I have and you are welcome to have it back

; )

gruntygiggles
30-07-09, 12:37 PM
I love you as you are Stretch!

So far today, the gluten free and sugar free cakes are made and packed ready to come tomorrow. I'm going to make some normal and sugar free frosting to do them as people want them so they don't all make a mess.

Next up......standard ones and then chewy choc chip cookies made with sugar free chocolate and no sugar in the cookies. Will also make a gluten free batch if I have enough flour left.

Kitchen is full of flour and Saxo has been dutifully cleaning the cake mix off the spoons!!!

Kuze
30-07-09, 01:08 PM
I love you as you are Stretch!

So far today, the gluten free and sugar free cakes are made and packed ready to come tomorrow. I'm going to make some normal and sugar free frosting to do them as people want them so they don't all make a mess.

Next up......standard ones and then chewy choc chip cookies made with sugar free chocolate and no sugar in the cookies. Will also make a gluten free batch if I have enough flour left.

Kitchen is full of flour and Saxo has been dutifully cleaning the cake mix off the spoons!!!

Hmmmmmmm cooooookie

gruntygiggles
30-07-09, 01:14 PM
I am sad.....I can't find any brown sugar that isn't sugar for the cookies.

So...the cookies will be standard (sorry to the diabetics) BUT......I am making sugar free chocolate frosting for the cakes so you'll get your chocolate fix!

hovis
30-07-09, 01:37 PM
go to the shop

:kiss:

Kuze
30-07-09, 01:40 PM
I am sad.....I can't find any brown sugar that isn't sugar for the cookies.

So...the cookies will be standard (sorry to the diabetics) BUT......I am making sugar free chocolate frosting for the cakes so you'll get your chocolate fix!

Diabetics can ave sugar they just need to dose up on the old insulin (used to date one who was type 3). fortunately my pancreas works fine :)

gruntygiggles
30-07-09, 02:58 PM
go to the shop

:kiss:

I did, but thanks for the suggestion, I might never have thought of it myself ;)

I have white sugar (Xylobrit) which a natural sugar that does not need insulin to be metabolised, but I need brown sugar for the cookies.

Kuze.....I'm not sure about the ins and outs of diabetes, SK asked for some sugar free cakes for the diabetics, so just got the Xylobrit and off I went.

hovis
30-07-09, 03:03 PM
I did, but thanks for the suggestion, I might never have thought of it myself ;)
good job i sugested it then:p

im all ready now, see you tomoro