PDA

View Full Version : road rage

Wideboy
29-07-09, 12:33 PM
someone just tried to kill me

this morning i nipped out on bike to pick up some new pads, up to set of traffic lights with traffic backed up, naturally i filtered, got to the front, pulled up in front of this old person left loads of room and didnt cut him up or anything, as lights changed and i pulled away normally this old pr!ck undertook me and forced me onto the other side of the road, i started shouting at him to pi$$ off (read flipped my bin) and as we came up to the traffic island on the other side of the junction he turned into me and tried to force me into the traffic island, i obviously didn't move and this resulted in us colliding leaving about a foot long deep scratch and dent in the side of his car from my bar end and looks as though a bruise to my leg but no damage to the bike, i managed to hold the bike and in a sort of trapeze (sp?) act immediately booted in the side of his car door, i then wanged it in front of him to the next lights, blocked him and got off to go talk to him, his wife was taking my registration and he said he was reporting me for smashing his door, i went to the bloke behind him and he said he saw everything and said would back me up mean while the old bloke was trying to push my bike out the way, legged it back really pi$$ed off and i moved it, he then sped off, i chased him and told him to pull over he refused and sped off again, me and my witness pulled over to swap details ect

just about calmed down as i was fuming and a bit buzzy

been up the cop shop and got a statement thingy to fill in, done that but need to wait for mr girth as his arrival is imminent then i can go hand it back. So gary your 1st look at the wonderfull south is going to be the plod station :rolleyes:

Miss Alpinestarhero
29-07-09, 12:34 PM
:shock:

Bloody idiot (not you, the cage driver)

the_lone_wolf
29-07-09, 12:35 PM
Should have killed him so he couldn't flee the scene...

Wideboy
29-07-09, 12:37 PM
i was going to that's the only reason i stopped him but the faggot wouldn't get out his car. Left a massive dent and scratch in his door and i pushed it when where i booted it

RichT
29-07-09, 12:40 PM
Bl**dy good thing you got a witness mate. Hang the old blokes a$$ out to dry - wonder how many bikers he's done that to before?

Wideboy
29-07-09, 12:48 PM
just had a closer look at the bike and can take off my bar end and give it to forensics if they want it lol, still got his paint and primmer on it, im glad i did some hefty damage to his car, I've only reported it as he said he was gone report me so i thought i'd get in there 1st :lol:

RichT
29-07-09, 12:49 PM
Good man - take a photo or two of the damage to your bike and if poss the location - just in case.

dirtydog
29-07-09, 12:50 PM
as we came up to the traffic island on the other side of the junction he turned into me and tried to force me into the traffic island, i obviously didn't move and this resulted in us colliding

So why didn't you just back off and let the muppet go? What's the point in putting yourself and your bike in a position of danger? You could have come off a lot worse.

Holdup
29-07-09, 12:57 PM
Dangerous driving and leaving the scene of an accident :thumright: hope he gets the book thrown at him and more!

Sir Trev
29-07-09, 12:59 PM
So why didn't you just back off and let the muppet go? What's the point in putting yourself and your bike in a position of danger? You could have come off a lot worse.

I know it would have been safer for WB to do this but why should he? Why back down in front of a-holes like this when you've done nothing wrong?

The tree huggers would have us believe that setting a good example is the way to do it, shaming the idiot in the process. Hogwash! The idiot will just laugh to the person he's talking to on the phone, think you're a sucker, and having got away with it this time will do it again, expecting the next person to be a door mat too. Trouble is the next person may stand his ground, and possibly get very badly hurt.

dirtydog
29-07-09, 01:07 PM
I know it would have been safer for WB to do this but why should he? Why back down in front of a-holes like this when you've done nothing wrong?

Why? for his own safety! He's a bloke on a bike against a muppet in a 1+tonne car and it's unlikely that he would've one that fight isn't it?

Trouble is the next person may stand his ground, and possibly get very badly hurt.

I agree WB could've got badly hurt which is what I said in my previous post.

Plus a slight bit of sideways thinking here for you. Doesn't do much for the image of bikers does it? Other car users may well have seen WB filter up the side (no problem with this myself) and then not pull away fast enough to get ahead of the car and then start kicking it?

Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning what the car driver did but neither am I condoning what WB did either.

Wideboy
29-07-09, 01:14 PM

i couldn't i was in between to traffic islands, it literally all happened in seconds, he was about a foot away from me before he tunred into me and even then that happened virtually straight after i pulled away

basically what he did was undertake me and pull in before he had got past but he did it on purpose

keithd
29-07-09, 01:14 PM
so, what really happened was, you cut this bloke up, he came after you, pulled in front of you and got out, you ran round to the passenger door, got his mrs out, rogered her against the bonnet while the 3rd party kept the driver busy.

she's filing for divorce cos you've shown her a good time, he's reporting you to the police for knicking his wife, and to rub salt into his wounds you kicked his car?

wrong gav. you're plain wrong

Rai86
29-07-09, 01:17 PM
You have the worst luck frilly. To be fair i would have just left him to it, then hunted him down later with a big crow bar

Kinvig
29-07-09, 01:24 PM
I need to stop reading rhread like this as they make my blood boil!

I hope you're not badly damaged & the other driver gets whatever he deserves!

GeneticBubble
29-07-09, 01:37 PM
old bloke was trying to push my bike out the way, legged it back really pi$$ed off and i moved it, he then sped off, i chased him and told him to pull over he refused and sped off again

:laughat: see that will teach us all not to trust the elderly.

zsv650
29-07-09, 01:42 PM
don't argue with car's you'll alway's come of second best is what i was taught you were very lucky you didn't get some serious injuries of that.

Wideboy
29-07-09, 02:34 PM
all done, went up and handed in statement, just go to sit and wait now

kitkat
29-07-09, 02:39 PM
when I started riding a bike, I was told by an old duffer (62 year old super bike rider with 45 years riding experience) that its not who is right and who is wrong when on a bike, its who is right and who is left. :cool:

very easy to get angry at car drivers but when you are on a bike its better to take a deep breath and get away from them. :crutches:

oh yeah wideboy, how slow were you pulling away that the old duffer was able to undertake you and pull in front of you, next time grab a wee bit bigger handful. ;)

ophic
29-07-09, 02:42 PM
been posted before, but you need one of these:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_03/1MassiveBikeSOL_800x530.jpg

stewie
29-07-09, 02:50 PM
Course the other way of looking at is from the drivers point of view, he may not have even realised you were there initially, but now he has someone who he may perceive as cutting him up,booting his door in, threatening him, you could be up for criminal damage,threatening behaviour, all sorts, who do you think a magistrate is gonna beleive ? good luck with it though.

the_lone_wolf
29-07-09, 02:51 PM
who do you think a magistrate is gonna beleive ?

The witness...

;)

stewie
29-07-09, 02:52 PM
The witness...

;)
You means the drivers passenger ? ;)

the_lone_wolf
29-07-09, 02:54 PM
You means the drivers passenger ? ;)

No, the unbiased witness who wasn't involved in the altercation...

:wink:

stewie
29-07-09, 02:58 PM
Dont get me wrong, Im on his side, its just, you gotta treat everyone out there like they,re out to get ya, and sometimes they do, like I say good luck with it.

kitkat
29-07-09, 02:59 PM
No, the unbiased witness who wasn't involved in the altercation...

:wink:

the one who saw the scary biker kicking an old mans car and agreed to be a witness because he was too scared to say no :rolleyes:;)

carty
29-07-09, 03:05 PM
oh yeah wideboy, how slow were you pulling away that the old duffer was able to undertake you and pull in front of you, next time grab a wee bit bigger handful. ;)

That was my first thought too - glad you're ok mate but you got matched in a traffic light GP by an old dude in a car :smt110

Biker Biggles
29-07-09, 04:14 PM
You need to be a bit careful here.The police will take a very dim view of you kicking **** out of this idiots car and you may well find that they do you for that, irrespective of the traffic incident or who was originally at fault there.Whatever the idiot did after you became threatening or violent will count for nothing,as he will claim he acted under duress from your behaviour.I do hope your witness is a good one,or you could end up in some serious bother here.

Nick_69
29-07-09, 04:50 PM
Glad your ok, just say you kicked his car to let him know you were there, so he didnt ram you again. Fingers cross u wil b ok.

thulfi
29-07-09, 05:03 PM
oh no, guys sounds like a knob...

carry a hammer - if someone cuts you up, pretend you're cool...sit behind them for a bit...then hurl a hammer into their rear window (assuming there's no-one stiing in the back of course)...and then take a road off somewhere so they never once get a shot of the rear of your bike (ie number plate)...

of course not really - but damn that'd be fun

Messie
29-07-09, 05:07 PM
oh no, guys sounds like a knob...

carry a hammer - if someone cuts you up, pretend you're cool...sit behind them for a bit...then hurl a hammer into their rear window (assuming there's no-one stiing in the back of course)...and then take a road off somewhere so they never once get a shot of the rear of your bike (ie number plate)...

of course not really - but damn that'd be fun

Err yeah er Hi there. Welcome to the org. Nice first post!

davepreston
29-07-09, 05:08 PM
don't argue with car's you'll alway's come of second best is what i was taught you were very lucky you didn't get some serious injuries of that.
i would beg to differ ask the muppet who rammed me then got out and threated me that if i went to the cops he would beat me up lol god i love kevlar loves

thedonal
29-07-09, 05:13 PM
I agree its a bit daft to go toe to toe with a car in that sort of situation, where the driver of the car has no qualms about trying to run you off the road.

However, as far as I'm aware, car passengers are not usually considered reliable witnesses in accidents/incidents. So you may have an advantage with an independant witness...

Samurai Penguin
29-07-09, 05:16 PM
i was going to that's the only reason i stopped him but the faggot wouldn't get out his car. Left a massive dent and scratch in his door and i pushed it when where i booted it

Is there some reason you are unable to express your anger with regards to the actions of this inconsiderate car driver without using homophobic remarks?

Sosha
29-07-09, 05:20 PM
Honest opinion from your description is that this entire incident seems pretty much unnecessary.

Chill Winston.

rowdy
29-07-09, 05:36 PM
I do wonder why some cage drivers feel they can put bikers lives at risk without an apparent care for their mortality, you were right to report him as he may/should be taught this lesson by the police, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you get a rap for kicking his car door in, unfortunately.
It baffles me why it bothers drivers so much when a motorcycle passes them, to the extent that they feel they need to get back passed the biker, as if they are being held up! I very nearly fell victim to an accident like this when I passed a car on a half mile long stretch of straight road leading up to a roundabout. I was passed the car well before the roundabout and overtook giving a very wide berth so there was no way of being accused of cutting the car up. I had to give way at the roundabout, and when it was clear I pulled away. I was just about to give it some throttle, which would have moved my position out to the middle of my lane when I noticed out of the corner of my eye, the bonnet of the car I had previously overtaken drawing level with my shoulders and about a foot away from the right hand side of my bike, so I had no choice other than to shut the throttle and tighten my line or I would have been over the bonnet of his car.

richie95
29-07-09, 05:43 PM
report it as hit and run

custard
29-07-09, 05:44 PM
i think the point that everyone has so far missed.

how slow do you move away from the lights for some old gimmer to get along side you?
:)

after taking a punt at a bmw on the M25, then getting a phone call at home after work, from the professional standards dept of my employer (the police) i havent done it since.

good job it was just some wise **** doing a wind up :) i very nearly changed the colour of my underpants...

easier to just to ride defensively and let it go... (of course this does include giving it some beans away from the lights :) )

metalmonkey
29-07-09, 05:48 PM
You saw red mist, then vented by scan reading everything; I bet other people have done that here before...

I'm not saying what he did was right either it does take two tango, as I have said more times I can remember never, ever put urself on offer no matter what the situation is. Its so not worth it.

Is it best not to aviod situation before it happens?

The good news, everyone sounds ok. We live and learn; please ride safe espically as there is a lot of us on the move over w/end.

Dave20046
29-07-09, 06:40 PM
Kind of in response to wizurds post : I'd log it with police so he doesn't turn around the situation on you and say that it was you that infact left the scene. (Aslong as you have your witness's details still)
Welldone on the staying alive biz widejob :thumright:

Wideboy
29-07-09, 06:40 PM
to be fair i was just on my way back from the pub after a good all night booze up, punch up and general drug taking session, i had just had a good skin full of whisky just before i left and got on the bike.

thing was, it wasnt a traffic light GP, i was in front of him and he undertook me, he blatantly knew i was there, but its funny how he said he was going to report me for kicking his door, not for the massive thud as i hit the side of him leaving a massive dent and scratch....... sign of guilt is it not?

witness said he was on my side and saw everything that the driver had done, he said that what he had done was unnecessary, kicking his door was probably not the best thing to do legally, but how else was i meant to stop him turning into me, go under his wheels or carry on into the traffic island? if i am prosecuted for criminal damage i couldn't give a crap, would be worth it but he certainly isn't going to get anything out of me .......

Wideboy
29-07-09, 06:56 PM
me and girth are actually recreating what happened on GTA, except with guns

thulfi
29-07-09, 07:04 PM
Err yeah er Hi there. Welcome to the org. Nice first post!

err yeah er Hi there to you too...

and actually ive already introduced myself here
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=136388

and posted on various other threads..

although strangely it says ive only posted once, and am invisible??!

Girth
29-07-09, 07:26 PM
me and girth are actually recreating what happened on GTA, except with guns

Whats the difference?

Girth
29-07-09, 07:30 PM
Is there some reason you are unable to express your anger with regards to the actions of this inconsiderate car driver without using homophobic remarks?

I think he was referring to him as a meaty delight.............

http://falz.net/gallery2/d/67335-2/Mr-Brains-Faggots-Pack.jpg

arc123
29-07-09, 08:01 PM
thing was, it wasnt a traffic light GP, i was in front of him and he undertook me

I personally think you were inviting such an incident if you filter to the front of a queue, pull in front of a vehicle (which rightly or wrongly, annoys some people/drivers), then bimble off at an obviously sedate pace. If you're out of the way, then this wouldn't have happened.

Specialone
29-07-09, 08:04 PM
err yeah er Hi there to you too...

and actually ive already introduced myself here
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=136388

and posted on various other threads..

although strangely it says ive only posted once, and am invisible??!

howdy, just to let you know, idle banter posts don't count on your post counter.
phil

tonyk
29-07-09, 08:34 PM

i.m sorry to say but i agree, just back off...there are so many nutters out there so be careful...you never know who you meet.
rule 1 keep your self safe...

zsv650
29-07-09, 09:02 PM
i would beg to differ ask the muppet who rammed me then got out and threated me that if i went to the cops he would beat me up lol god i love kevlar loves
hmmm you vs 1.5 tonne of car are we taking bet's on this ;) :D

thulfi
29-07-09, 09:06 PM
howdy, just to let you know, idle banter posts don't count on your post counter.
phil

ohhh i see..
better stop wasting time 'bantering idley ' and get some real posts to my name!

ophic
29-07-09, 09:07 PM
hmmm you vs 1.5 tonne of car are we taking bet's on this ;) :D
last time that happened he ended up with a slight limp :p