PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu @ AR09?

mattSV
03-08-09, 09:26 AM
Just been sent home from work - feeling very hot, coughing and generally look/feel crap. I woke up Sunday feeling wheezy, had a headache before we left (put it down to the sun) and didn't really feel right on the bike on the way home.

Have got a code to collect Tamiflu, I am now officially quarantined from work for 7 days, and should be going on holiday for 2 weeks on Saturday - great :roll:

the_lone_wolf
03-08-09, 09:28 AM
Hmm

I'm feeling a bit crap today, headache, coughing etc but no temperature

Nobody I know has been diagnosed or had symptoms

Hoping it's just lack of sleep and too much smoke/booze...

Scoobs
03-08-09, 09:31 AM
Are you one of the people who has been jumping on the "Ooh I've got swine flu" bandwagon you were talking about?

Bloody lightweight.

GWS mate.

PS. You better not have given it to me!

the_lone_wolf
03-08-09, 09:32 AM

You did look pretty rough all weekend dude...

But I think that might be normal?;):p

mattSV
03-08-09, 09:34 AM
Are you one of the people who has been jumping on the "Ooh I've got swine flu" bandwagon you were talking about?

Bloody lightweight.

GWS mate.

Not me - haven't had a single day sick for about 6 years - when Swine Flu first kicked off, we drew up a list of the people who would claim to have it - and we were right :rolleyes:

Thanks for your sympathy :D

Scoobs
03-08-09, 09:39 AM
Thanks for your sympathy :D

Whaaaaaat? I said GWS. :wink:

ManxMatt34
03-08-09, 09:42 AM
Im not aCross the water yet, but feel like **** in my throat.

dizzyblonde
03-08-09, 09:50 AM
some of the bad chests and wheeziness is down to sitting round the fire. I was wheezy on both days, and rough from staying up late. Funny that I work so many nights!

AndyBrad
03-08-09, 11:10 AM
got manflu, feel like death but its a bit much to be off work with it!

Get a cuppa and take it easy. being the nice person i am i like to share everything so wont be taking time off work for a cold :)

caz650s
03-08-09, 11:23 AM
I arrived at the AR with a normal cold ...

Sore throat friday ..

Sneezing & feeling hot/cold all through the rideout & sat night ....

Sunday & Today blowing my nose constantly & a bit of a chesty cough ...

Does that mean I can have Seven days off work too !! ;)

Get well soon !

Warthog
03-08-09, 11:26 AM
I arrived at the AR with a normal cold ...

Sore throat friday ..

Sneezing & feeling hot/cold all through the rideout & sat night ....

Sunday & Today blowing my nose constantly & a bit of a chesty cough ...

Does that mean I can have sevens days off work too !! ;)

No, it means you were the source of the swine flu! Thanks!

I felt rotton but that was clearly alcohol-related, as I am fine now its Monday :).

Scoobs
03-08-09, 11:31 AM
I felt rotton but that was clearly alcohol-related, as I am fine now its Monday :).

I think it was probably the amount of alcohol in your system that killed the f*ck out of any swine flu virus that may have been in your system. You looked 'kin mullered on Sunday morning and smelt like a brewery. :lol:

Warthog
03-08-09, 11:35 AM
I think it was probably the amount of alcohol in your system that killed the f*ck out of any swine flu virus that may have been in your system. You looked 'kin mullered on Sunday morning and smelt like a brewery. :lol:

Hehe it's true! Single malt whiskey kills throat viruses, I recommend the vaccination strategy to be rolled out accross britain :D

Bluefish
03-08-09, 11:39 AM
me me me,i've got it, can i have a week off, carp i'm on holiday for next week anyhow, lol

Quiff Wichard
03-08-09, 11:51 AM
I feel rough and look rough..

nothing new there then..

aha Matt you is ill. THAT is why u not replied to my pm.

maviczap
03-08-09, 12:00 PM
There's lots of different viruses going round my 4year old daughter had a very high temp, which pointed toward swine flu, but turned out not to be. No one else had it in the family and I DID NOT bring it to the AR. She'd been ill 2 weeks before the AR.

I nearly had a heart attack when my wife texted my daughters temp.

GWS, just take the Tami flu if you need to, but I reckon you'd be better off just takin parrotseatamol ;)

the_lone_wolf
03-08-09, 12:23 PM
Just had lunch, 5 scrambled eggs and 8 rashers of thick cut bacon, feel much better

Was probably man flu:cool:

TazDaz
03-08-09, 12:26 PM
Just had lunch, 5 scrambled eggs and 8 rashers of thick cut bacon, feel much better

Eating bacon or other pork products cancels out the swine flu! ;)

Hope you haven't carried it to the isle of wight now!

jambo
03-08-09, 12:29 PM
Well you were plenty quick for a man on his death bed :D

Hopefully "The great org flue endemic of '09" will turn out to be a non event, I think most of us were using lots of antiseptic spritis to keep our mouths clean...:D

Jambo

Scoobs
03-08-09, 12:30 PM
Eating bacon or other pork products cancels out the swine flu! ;)

Hope you haven't carried it to the isle of wight now!

Quick! Quaratine the Isle of Wight! Cut off their webbed hands so they can't swim across the Solent.

Davies
03-08-09, 02:43 PM
BillyC just told me about this thread. I'm feeling really cr@p too, much worse than I felt yesterday morning. Coughing loads, tight chest, and sore throat. I don't think standing around the fire helped much, but I doubt it's the piggy flu as we were outside most of the time......I'll give it a few days and see how it goes. It's strange though as I don't really get sick much..........Emma reckon's it's the fags (hmmmm?!?)

BillyC
03-08-09, 04:04 PM
For what it's worth, I think a load of us have got the sh1ts after our little stay in that field...

I can't say I've felt great today, but put it down to tiredness. However, all the symptoms that people are describing, sounds like flu (swine or otherwise). It's probably only a coincidence that I came down with it a few weeks ago, when doing a markers preview ride with Supervox.

Iansv II
03-08-09, 04:10 PM
Got some of the symptoms myself which came on yesterday... and I didn't actually camp so its a possibility, going to see if it clears itself in the next day or two tho before I worry too much

SoulKiss
03-08-09, 04:18 PM
Well apart from feeling tired, I'm ok.

Oh and having tried everything dont go blaming on my Burgers :)

TazDaz
03-08-09, 04:19 PM
Well apart from feeling tired, I'm ok.

Oh and having tried everything dont go blaming on my Burgers :)

+1 on feeling ok!

Burgers were great (I enjoyed the double;)), and if it were the food I'm sure Bear would be dead or at least dying - eating the stuff hours after the BBQ was out!

SoulKiss
03-08-09, 04:40 PM
+1 on feeling ok!

Burgers were great (I enjoyed the double;)), and if it were the food I'm sure Bear would be dead or at least dying - eating the stuff hours after the BBQ was out!

So someone did eat the leftovers? - great !!! :)

gruntygiggles
03-08-09, 04:58 PM

What a protein overload.....WOW......sounds lovely though!

I for one am really not feeling well today. I didn't really spend any time close to the fire because I hate my clothes smelling like it the next morning. I think I spent 20 minutes there on Friday and about an hour Saturday, but certainly not close to it.

I woke up this morning, just basically aching. In my bones. My joints ache, I have a stuffy head and headache and I didn't really drink very much or lack sleep. I don't think it's any kind of flu, but I definately don't feel good!

GWS Matt, big hugs xxx :smt056

fizzwheel
03-08-09, 05:04 PM
I've got a bit of a snotty nose, and sore throat.

I was very very de-hydrated this morning, to much booze and not enough ordinary fluids.

I had a day just relaxing on the sofa and sorting out the washing and pootling about at home, I feel better now than I did when I woke up.

Not much to worry about I think for me..

Hope those of you that are feeling rough feel better soon.

Davies
04-08-09, 04:59 PM
Well, got a temperature of 39C and I've been diagnosed with the piggy flu. Hope no-one else is felling like carp because this really sucks :(

Still, I get a week off work :)

Spiderman
04-08-09, 05:21 PM
Aaaarrrrhggghhhhhh, i sat with you in frank for a while and even shared a smoke/drink with you didnt i?
OMG...i may have his disease now. Yikes.

Seriously tho paul, i hope you feel better soon mate.

maviczap
04-08-09, 05:31 PM
+2 On feeling fine :rolleyes:

Went out for an hour and a half on my pushbike (Litespeed Mira) yesterday, bit tired today.

Thats the demon drink for you :shaking2:

Time to top up on vitamins and fluids, and get some rest :smt003

GWS you lot of sickies

Bear
04-08-09, 07:42 PM
Yep, I've got a piggin' cold as well. Although TBH if there was ANYTHING going round the campsite I think I deserve to get it. If I missed out on groping you during the weekend I'm very sorry...

Wideboy
04-08-09, 07:46 PM
drinking must be the key, i've feel fine (touch wood) visited my bro yesturday on way home from AR turns out he has got it, then got home and my dads got it....... but im fine :confused: