PDA

View Full Version : AR09 Awards

Supervox
04-08-09, 12:33 PM
First off let me state that there are NO actual prizes for the winners - just the approval & (where applicable) the applause of their peers.

Nominations for Best Fancy Dress

Rictus - Thunderbirds
Von Teese - Snow White
Mr Von Teese - Surgeon
Soulkiss - Pirate
Stu - Trinity (so wrong on so many levels !!)
Mr & Mrs Quiff Richard - Police Officers (For those who may not be aware, their costume & actions were so convincing that passing motorists actually followed their directions !!)

My vote goes to Mr & Mrs Quiff

Nominations for Best Promotion of the Gay Lifestyle

Joshmac - His bike
Stu - 'Trinity' impersonation (I am aware that transvestism does NOT always equal gay)
Bear & Hovis – for their mouth-to-testicles interface session
Girth - Fashion-by-Firelight show (check out the pic on page 3 of the photo thread if you need evidence)

My vote goes to Girth

Nominations for a Special Public Speaking Award

Well actually there are no nominations in this category as I believe there can be only 1 possible winner :-

Bear for delivering what I believe is probably the best rider briefing in the history of rideouts.

And finally (from me anyway)

Nomination for Muppet of Weekend Award

Again only 1 nomination in this category :-

The Org-an who decided that it was perfectly OK to abandon not only a tent but also all the rubbish (at least most of it was bagged) that they'd created over the weekend in the middle of the field !! :smt067:smt067

I'm sure that you guys can think of many more, so over to you !!

RichT
04-08-09, 12:44 PM
My votes are as follows:

Mr and Mrs Q.Wichard.
Girth
Bear
Vanishing Org-an

Only one other to add:

Nomination for Best Rib Busting Laughs
Hovis - attempting to dominate on the trampoline

Dave20046
04-08-09, 12:56 PM
You've missed Paul the 6th off the fancy dress shiz (Think most people thought he was just a non-SVing local)

My votes are as follows:

Soulkiss
Girth
Bear
Manx Matt for his attempt of getting into bed which resulted in two tents being smashed :razz:
Nomination for Best Rib Busting Laughs
Mind's gone blank

I'll add one too, if that's allowed.

Nomination for best piece of Riding
Pre AR if it counts; probably manx matt for avoiding death-by-saab, spoiled only by the finish.

Paul the 6th
04-08-09, 01:48 PM
I'm starting to wonder if I even did the fancy dress you know, I've not got a single pic of me or seen myself in anyone elses' pics... was it just a dream?

Supervox
04-08-09, 01:51 PM
I'm starting to wonder if I even did the fancy dress you know, I've not got a single pic of me or seen myself in anyone elses' pics... was it just a dream?

Oh sorry Paul - were you in fancy dress ?

I thought that was just your normal non-biking type clothing !!

Sorry !!

Demonz
04-08-09, 01:55 PM
Oh sorry Paul - were you in fancy dress ?

I thought that was just your normal non-biking type clothing !!

Sorry !! +1 I thought that was for formal occasions.

Spiderman
04-08-09, 01:58 PM
The lack of a stuffed ferret meant that all pics of you have been deleted paul, you let us all down in a big way you see.
We only came for the stuffed ferret and a mass bike ride broke out at some point cos of the utter dissapointment in your failure to bring the stuffed one.

hovis
04-08-09, 02:04 PM
stu for the win on the fancy dress........ and a close 2nd to girth on the gay lifstyle

Paul the 6th
04-08-09, 02:32 PM
The lack of a stuffed ferret meant that all pics of you have been deleted paul, you let us all down in a big way you see.
We only came for the stuffed ferret and a mass bike ride broke out at some point cos of the utter dissapointment in your failure to bring the stuffed one.

the ferret was £300! in the end I couldn't fit the duck on the bike :rolleyes: so I just had to look like one of the locals :( I had a good'un anyway :D

Spiderman
04-08-09, 02:46 PM
Next year remember to strap the bike to your lid with some gaffa tape. Job done and no one will crash into you cos they are busy wondering how the heck a duck landed on your head :lol:

Dave20046
04-08-09, 02:48 PM
Next year remember to strap the bike to your lid
Ouch :p

Anyway I think that's a poor excuse paul you could have put a duck anywhere they're only light. Should have gaffa taped or bungged it to the bike/otherluggage/top box you would have looked like rosie & jim :p

Supervox
04-08-09, 02:49 PM
Next year remember to strap the bike to your lid with some gaffa tape. Job done and no one will crash into you cos they are busy wondering how the heck a duck landed on your head :lol:

OI, Paul & Spidey !!

Stop de-railing my really inportant thread will you ?

Take it to IB or something !!!

Spidey, I told you I'd make a good Mod :cool:

Warthog
04-08-09, 02:57 PM
Has to go to Stu, that took balls (quite noticably!)
Can't get much gayer than what Hovis and Bear did!
Bear (it was brilliant)
Vanishing Org-an. Who was it?! That's not on.

Spiderman
04-08-09, 03:02 PM
Spidey, I told you I'd make a good Mod :cool:
Yeh but you're not willing to have the pre requird frontal labotomy first are ya?

Sorry mate, i get all confursed as to what thread is what. And clealry i mean the should tape the DUCK to his lid, not his bike as i worte for some very odd reason.

Ok back on topic and my nominations are....

Girth for the Gay Lifestyle Award. (pause for polite applause)
Stu for Best Fancy Dress, takes a lot of balls to do that and possibly some chicken fillets to get that cleavage that good (pause for laughter and more applause)

And now for a new category: Best Freindship In Adversve Situation:
I nominate Spiderman & Bear for this one. He cops a feel (well more than one) of a rather sexy lady, she slaps me for it! So myself for taking a slap for a friend, and to Bear for getting rather upset by this and blowing out the chance of more gropes off same lady.
Ah friends, aint they great?
(long pause for a raucous standing ovation for just how well a Spider and a Bear can get on)

AndyBrad
04-08-09, 03:37 PM

Rictus - Thunderbirds

Stu - 'Trinity' impersonation (I am aware that transvestism does NOT always equal gay)

BEAR

Again only 1 nomination in this category :-

The Org-an who decided that it was perfectly OK to abandon not only a tent but also all the rubbish (at least most of it was bagged) that they'd created over the weekend in the middle of the field !! :smt067:smt067

I left my tent, However i threw all my rubbish away before i left thanks. if somone else decided it was to be used to dump stuff that isnt my fault!

Warthog
04-08-09, 03:53 PM
You left a tent?!

Dave20046
04-08-09, 03:55 PM
disposable tent ;)

AndyBrad
04-08-09, 03:56 PM
Yup, a £10 tesco value one.... guess i shouldnt have done really. Still worse things have happened at sea :)

joshmac
04-08-09, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=Supervox;1992855]
Best Fancy Dress
Soulkiss - Pirate

Best Promotion of the Gay Lifestyle
Girth - Fashion-by-Firelight show

Special Public Speaking Award
Gotta be Bear. Although he might've told me that if I didn't say that, he'd f...
:lol:

Muppet of Weekend Award
I'm going to to vote for Hovis for thinking about walking across the fire :razz:

Viney
04-08-09, 04:26 PM
Yup, a £10 tesco value one.... guess i shouldnt have done really. Still worse things have happened at sea :)
Someone still had to get rid of the thent on your behalf though!:ncool:

joshmac
04-08-09, 04:44 PM
There was a massive skip on site as well. I didn't think much of the left tent, but then again I wasn't the one who cleared it up...

Stu
04-08-09, 04:56 PM
From reports in this section there was worse things left behind :shock:

maviczap
04-08-09, 04:57 PM
From reports in this section there was worse things left behind :shock:

Yep, Hovis & Wideboy :D

fizzwheel
04-08-09, 05:03 PM
I'd like to Nominate Strechie for something.

The unfailingly decent chap award

I think he did two fish and chip and numerous beer runs on Friday night, he didnt have to do that, but he's a throughly decent chap and did it out of the kindness out of his own heart and I know I appreciated the chips he got me.

joshmac
04-08-09, 05:05 PM
I appreciated the chips he got me.
So did I ;)

AndyBrad
04-08-09, 05:09 PM

aye. I apologise to the chap that had to throw it. And to the people that organised the ar Sorry about that.

Must have been you that cleared it up then vinny as your obviously ****ed off about it. So sorry about that and thankyou for being such a gent :):queen:

Spiderman
04-08-09, 05:18 PM
I believe your poles came in handy for somone else, so in some sense it was recycled and of some use to someone in some way.
Always a positive in every situation i say.

ManxMatt34
04-08-09, 05:23 PM
To be fair the tent thing was hilarious, should have left it, see if he got an eviction notice... dunno who dumped the rubbish though, that definetly wasn't AndyBrad, because i boxed all the stuff i could fit in from our little section, i think someone unrelated dumped that on us from another section ^^.

Lol at Davenumbers 2 nominations for me, i was less than happy at the time about that Saab, as Numbers found out when i slowed the motorway exit lane too about 20mph just to see if i could hurl more abuse, sadly he must have carried on.

maviczap
04-08-09, 05:25 PM

Tis a common thing to do, at last years Bug Jam my mate said loads of tents were left behind, trashed and untrashed. Its a symtom of our throwaway society :confused:

If i'd have gone to the BUG Jam I'd have seen it as an EBAY opportunity picking up all these unwanted items :p

Sorry didn't mean to derail the thread :rolleyes:

Supervox
04-08-09, 05:54 PM
Tis a common thing to do, at last years Bug Jam my mate said loads of tents were left behind, trashed and untrashed. Its a symtom of our throwaway society :confused:

If i'd have gone to the BUG Jam I'd have seen it as an EBAY opportunity picking up all these unwanted items :p

Sorry didn't mean to derail the thread :rolleyes:

The difference possibly that BUG Jam sounds like a 'professional' event - ie people PAID to clear up the site at the end ?

Anyway, it got done - I just thought it worth mentioning in a reasonably light-hearted manner.

dizzyblonde
04-08-09, 06:09 PM
I feel sad...I was in fancy dress too, not fancy enough no one noticed:smt010

But I nominate Stu....cause I liked stroking his corset:wink:

rictus01
04-08-09, 06:14 PM
I feel sad...I was in fancy dress too, not fancy enough no one noticed:smt010

But I nominate Stu....cause I liked stroking his corset:wink:

Oh I noticed Lou, and if you'd have slowed down................:cool:

Spiderman
04-08-09, 06:30 PM
I noticed to and said you looked great. I'll be blown if i can remember it now tho, lol. Wait you had a cowboy hat on didnt you?

dizzyblonde
04-08-09, 06:46 PM
Wait you had a cowboy hat on didnt you?

yup, and a long leather trench coat, mahhhooosive boots, but nothing much underneath;)

ophic
04-08-09, 07:04 PM
yup, and a long leather trench coat, mahhhooosive boots, but nothing much underneath;)
nothing much under the hat? ah thats why we call you dizzy :smt064

and a sisters of mercy badge to top it all off :love:

dizzyblonde
04-08-09, 07:08 PM
nothing much under the hat? ah thats why we call you dizzy :smt064

and a sisters of mercy badge to top it all off :love:

haha, yes sums me just right:p
yes Sisters of Mercy, I'm surprised I still have the badge its been on the jacket for many moons:cool:

Spiderman
04-08-09, 07:12 PM
I think too much beer got my mid fuddled with you and Stu since you were in siilar outfits to a degree.

I coped a feel of Stu's boobs, i remember that much.... or was that you Dizzy? :lol:

Bear
04-08-09, 07:28 PM
And now for a new category: Best Freindship In Adversve Situation:
I nominate Spiderman & Bear for this one. He cops a feel (well more than one) of a rather sexy lady, she slaps me for it! So myself for taking a slap for a friend, and to Bear for getting rather upset by this and blowing out the chance of more gropes off same lady.

I'd forgotten this. Thanks mate, you took a bullet for me!

hovis
04-08-09, 10:28 PM

I think he did two fish and chip and numerous beer runs on Friday night, .

most genorous pie distrbuter quiff

i was MIA when the food orders were taken, so i would have starved if it was not for quiff giving be a pie.

dizzyblonde
04-08-09, 10:54 PM
I'd actually like to see an award for the most gentlemanly gentleman.....but there were so many of you I'd have to get a lot of trophies.
However I would like to thank Grinch and Bear again for the erection service, but Bear loses a point or two for not giving my airbed a good blow, cause he was trying to get someone elses up instead!

BernardBikerchick
05-08-09, 08:49 AM
can i come as me next year and get voted !!!!!!!!

Supervox
05-08-09, 09:03 AM
can i come as me next year and get voted !!!!!!!!

I'll vote you anytime !!

gruntygiggles
05-08-09, 09:43 AM

I think he did two fish and chip and numerous beer runs on Friday night, he didnt have to do that, but he's a throughly decent chap and did it out of the kindness out of his own heart and I know I appreciated the chips he got me.

Awwww, that's my boy. He'd been planning a beer run for weeks as he thought he could fit loads in the disco if peeps followed him and bought what they wanted.

Another testament to his awesomeness!!!

gruntygiggles
05-08-09, 09:50 AM

Judging purely on resemblance to the original, it has to be:-
Von Teese as Snow White

Girth - it has to be, no question and no explanation needed.

Bear - I didn't even hear it, yet I know everything he said!

Me - a little strange to nominate myself I know, but it was when Stretchie gave me a kiss under the unbrella at the hog roast and I said,

"Eugh, don't love, you're getting me wet"

I sure felt like a muppet as the table exploded in laughter.....at me :(

joshmac
05-08-09, 05:03 PM

Me - a little strange to nominate myself I know, but it was when Stretchie gave me a kiss under the unbrella at the hog roast and I said,

"Eugh, don't love, you're getting me wet"

I sure felt like a muppet as the table exploded in laughter.....at me :(
:smt043 I wish I'd heard that first hand.

I'd actually like to see an award for the most gentlemanly gentleman.....but there were so many of you I'd have to get a lot of trophies.
However I would like to thank Grinch and Bear again for the erection service, but Bear loses a point or two for not giving my airbed a good blow, cause he was trying to get someone elses up instead!
Yeah he was helping Hovis out... but that wasn't an airbed he was blowing on ;):lol:

custard
05-08-09, 06:15 PM
Yeah he was helping Hovis out... but that wasn't an airbed he was blowing on ;):lol:

i hope that other thread isnt a before picture and pray there was never an after picture...

joshmac
05-08-09, 06:16 PM
Did no-one tell you? ;)

custard
05-08-09, 06:20 PM
hell, i wasnt even there!

shame really but needs must as the devil (bank manager) takes away your credit limit so bike stays off the road.

not jealous at all!

sounds like you all had a blast

Girth
05-08-09, 06:33 PM
I just actually LOL'd at this thread!

Thanks for your votes guys!! ;)

Owenski
05-08-09, 08:50 PM

Rictus - Thunderbirds

Bear & Hovis – for their mouth-to-testicles interface session

Bear

You may wish to revise this comment as the rubbish wasnt bagged until abi went and rounded it all up, it was intended we moved it before leaving but someone in a pick up had already pulled up to take it to the bins.

hovis
05-08-09, 09:01 PM
Bear & Hovis

its only gay if you enjoyed it

D'oh

Owenski
05-08-09, 09:08 PM
lol, didnt you ask forf more ?