PDA

View Full Version : AR10 Chat

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Spiderman
02-09-09, 07:41 PM
Got something you want to share or get off your chest about the proposals made in the other thread? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=138699)Well this is the place for it.

Please dont feel you have to copy/paste someones entire proposal in here tho, just the bit(s) you want to discuss will be fine :)

davepreston
02-09-09, 08:14 PM
ding ding round 1 in the blue corner weighing in at...........
not wales cos im still upset with hovis , not essex cos your french, not north cos it crapy weather, not scotland we have gm3, not ireland cos id get to drunk
I VOTE BELGUM come on tim sort it out lad

fizzwheel
02-09-09, 08:19 PM
A personal note from me with my Admin hat on. Previous years have seen IMHO a large amount of bickering and moaning over the AR. This year its up to you to decide where and when we go. Its up to you to come up with a venue to...

None of this is pre planned or pre decided, nothing has been planned or will be planned behind closed doors. Its your forum, its your weekend...

I've got a date that I'd like to suggest that the AR does not fall upon. I'd like to be able to attend both the AR and the Moto GP at Silverstone next year, Silverstone weekend is provisionally being held on 5th & 6th of June so I'd really like it if we dont have the AR that weekend...

muffles
02-09-09, 08:36 PM
Somewhere not too far from the south (London) and I might come along :)

Stu
02-09-09, 08:38 PM
Got something you want to share or get offf you chest about the proposals made in the other thread? Well this is the place for it.

Please dont feel you have to copy/paste someones entire proposal in here tho, just the bit(s) you want to discuss will be fine :)
What other thread? :???:

DarrenSV650S
02-09-09, 08:41 PM
The one that is sticky'd in idle banter. Very close to this one ;)

maviczap
02-09-09, 08:47 PM
Somewhere not too far from the south (London) and I might come along :)

So Essex was too far :confused:

Spiderman
02-09-09, 08:51 PM

The one that is sticky'd in idle banter. Very close to this one ;)

What he said mate. Sure that fall off your bike didnt knock your noggin a bit too? ;)
OK linky added to OP.

BanditPat
02-09-09, 08:52 PM
Some where round about the middle would be good ;) Essex was to far for me, Has any one ever used the MFN club in nottingham? I've heard good things from that. Its where the Suzuki Owners Club held there annual meet this year and it looked like a fun place

muffles
02-09-09, 09:03 PM
So Essex was too far :confused:

No, I just couldn't make that one. But if the '10 one is oop norf or something, I ain't going! :lol:

Spiderman
02-09-09, 09:16 PM
tbh for me part of an AR is the getting a bunch of us together and the journey there. AR06 was great fun for that reason iirc.

This year i got to lead 10/12 of us from Hatfield to the campsite but seeing as it was one road all the way and took less than an hour i kinda felt like i missed out on that bit.

FG1
02-09-09, 09:20 PM
+1 ^
The journey there is part of the weekend too.

hovis
02-09-09, 09:29 PM
AR10 the welsh TT

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/19/91367031.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/i/91367031.jpg/)

brought to you by....

HOVIS AR president and rideout navigator

GRUNTYGIGGLES AR co-ordinator

LILY Hovis' PA and AR secretary

DIAMOND head of logistics

"190 miles of twisty, bike friendly roads taking in the best views and roads that Wales has to offer.

Starting from the Picturesque Campsite near Hay-on-Wye the route takes us through Abergavenny on route to experience the fantastic 1000 sheep road and the Brecon Beacons

From there we head to Llandovery, followed by a drop into the beautiful Elan Valley before going across to Crossgates then skirting past Talgarth to finish back at the campsite in Hay-on-Wye"

Camping will be at the Baskerville Hall Hotel in Hay-on-Wye, Powys HR3 5LE . The hall is where Arthur Conan Doyle got the inspiration for the book, Hounds of the Baskervilles but I'll give more info later on that.

Camping facilities are:

3 acre level field exclusively for us
Hard standing for bikes exclusively for us, but you can have bikes on the field as well
Plentiful toilet and shower facilities for everyone
Hotel bar with separate entrance exclusively for us
A swimming pool free of charge
Able to have BBQ's on field so long as they are off the grass
Able to bring own alcohol so long as it's kept out of the bar
there's a water tap in the field, there's chemical waste disposal for those who would come in a caravan/campervan etc as well.

The hotel has a nightclub attached to the rear and is £5 if you fancy making shapes on the dance floor. Having camped there I can say that there is no noise to be heard from the club when in the field... I didn't even know it was there until I was told!
Food has not been confirmed as yet, but we have a few options and all are cheap and excellent, so will confirm soon
Plenty of petrol stations and shops nearby although the site itself is in a beautiful spot with fantastic views over the Brecon’s and on the doorstep of amazing roads!

The price will be confirmed soon, but it will be a very pleasant surprise as this place is less than half the price I would have expected for what you get!

This is the place..........quite an old picture, has much more grass on the field now as you can see in the picture in my thread!

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/gruntygiggles/ARCampsiteMedium.jpg

Richie
02-09-09, 09:33 PM
sounds Good Hovis, but why not post your proposal in the other thread ?, Then we can talk about you.. sorry discuss your proposition in here..

Richie
02-09-09, 09:33 PM
Damn you beat me too it... lol

ManxMatt34
02-09-09, 09:34 PM
+2 on the journey, people keep saying about the journey... i'm came from the Isle of Man with all due respect was on the 7.30am boat over the Liverpool on the thursday, and had to book an extra day 2 days off just because of it's location. But was well worth it.

I would vote not too have it between 29th may till 2 weeks later around the 11th of june that is tt time? Boat prices return will be about £200 quid for me an a bike just for the ar weekend. And Also i think some of the other sv'rs were discussing coming over in another thread (view euro trips i think).

www.iomtt.com (http://www.iomtt.com)

Thats my opinion posted. p.s. your all NOT WELCOME to the iom for AR incase anyone i.e. bluefishman or paulthe6th decide to come up with that one :D:P plus your all tight gits and wouldn't wanna pay to come here. (granted it's not always £200 return just times like TT races.

hovis
02-09-09, 09:37 PM
sounds Good Hovis, but why not post your proposal in the other thread ?, Then we can talk about you.. sorry discuss your proposition in here..

Damn you beat me too it... lol

this was the 1st thraed i saw. so i posted it, i ten relised it should have gone in the other thraed, but thought i would not delete it, just in case it was missed

:smt101

BanditPat
02-09-09, 09:38 PM
Dont have a postcode for that site do you hovis?

hovis
02-09-09, 09:39 PM
yes

BanditPat
02-09-09, 09:40 PM
LOL could you tell me it?

hovis
02-09-09, 09:41 PM
added to op

BanditPat
02-09-09, 09:41 PM
thank you

phil24_7
02-09-09, 09:42 PM
Hovis, great idea to use that place GG and Strechie camped in. It looks and sounds mint, and I know for a fact, that route is awesome!

I for one, hope it is here, as I know you'll get a lot of support from the remaining MoFo's as well as the rest of us surfers.

Spiderman
02-09-09, 09:43 PM
just in case it was missed

Yeh, good point mate. Its so missable and being the first proposal to go up its bound to not get noticed by anyone at all :lol:

Drew Carey
02-09-09, 09:46 PM
Looks good Hovie, plus not too far either. Happy days.

ManxMatt34
02-09-09, 09:47 PM
Looks pretty shhhhhweet to me Hovis. Just pick the right dates you know it makes sense whoever decides that shizzle:P

hovis
02-09-09, 09:49 PM
Looks pretty shhhhhweet to me Hovis. Just pick the right dates you know it makes sense whoever decides that shizzle:P

dates will be chossen by everyone

as there will be a poll

ManxMatt34
02-09-09, 09:50 PM
dates will be chossen by everyone

as there will be a poll

I'll have to wip out me dictatorship voting rigging software! :D

Spiderman
02-09-09, 09:53 PM
I'll have to wip out me dictatorship voting rigging software! :D

Or make friends with a druty mod.

Cash bribes accepted.

hovis
02-09-09, 09:54 PM
i would just like to add, if you are intrested in planning the AR, please can you say so ASAP.

you dont have to have all the details, but it would be handy to know if we have any compertition, as time is a factor with the welsh TT.

ManxMatt34
02-09-09, 09:56 PM
Or make friends with a druty mod.

Cash bribes accepted.

OMG your a mod.... pssssst guys, i suspected something was going on at AR. I tried to warn Paulthe6th now he's disapeared off the scene.

Don't talk to him he's a dirty dirty mod.

Anyway back on topic....

Spiderman
02-09-09, 10:02 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid.

davepreston
02-09-09, 10:06 PM
ding ding round 1 in the blue corner weighing in at...........
not wales cos im still upset with hovis , not essex cos your french, not north cos it crapy weather, not scotland we have gm3, not ireland cos id get to drunk
I VOTE BELGUM come on tim sort it out lad
ahem

Spiderman
02-09-09, 10:21 PM
You paying all our ferry costs then Dave? :lol: I love your reasoning for the other areas btw ;)

davepreston
02-09-09, 10:24 PM
well so many boats are getting hijacked these days im sure we could aquire one for the org we even have our own pirate "SOULKISS could i have a word lad"

arcdef
02-09-09, 10:27 PM
Anything Welsh gets my vote, north being much much much better.

Shellywoozle
02-09-09, 10:35 PM
OOohhh Wales, me and Samson can come, early dates means I may be able to book he time off work.. Work and weddings will not keep me and Sam away this year !!

Pingu65
02-09-09, 10:35 PM
Wales or Scotland gets my vote and I live down south.

Travelling is part of the fun.

arcdef
02-09-09, 10:39 PM
Ha yeah Scotland is also a definite yes.

gruntygiggles
02-09-09, 10:42 PM
Right.....now that the thread is up and after telling Hovis so much about the venue we are proposing, I will tell all of you lovely people too.

The hotel is very historic, so for those that like a bit of the old stuff....there's plenty to be had and you can even visit the graves of the Baskerville hounds.

After speaking to the Events Co-ordinator at the Hotel yesterday, I can confirm that they hold rallies, including many many regular motorcycle rallies all year, every year and get booked up well in advance because of the facilities and price.

They are extremely accommodating and to be honest, over the whole bank holiday weekend, they didn't interfere with anyone one little bit, they just leave rallies to do their own thing. They have the swimming pool for hotel guests and that is avaiable, along with the showers, free of charge. They have a very large Bar that is part of the hotel, but not open to residents. This bar would be open exclusively for us at no cost, with a fully stocked bar, draught beers, ales, lagers....spirits, bottled drinks etc. They have plenty of tables and seats in there and if that's not good enough for the party animals, there's also a nightclub at the back of the hotel. Yep....a proper nightclub.....costs a fiver to get in, but is fantastic fun apparently...ask Stretchie....he was making shapes in there on Saturday night! For those that don't want any noise or loud music......do not fear.....from the camping field, you can't hear a thing from either the bar or the nightclub......I know because I had to stay in the tent with the dogs!

Now.....as for food, we can't say yet, but I have something up my sleeve........this will involve on site food and drinks all weekend, with a marquee and seating/tables provided. I will confirm that in the next day or two.

For local shops and amenities, a 2 minute ride gets you to a petrol station and then into Hay-On-Wye itself. HoW is famous for the fact that it has 37 second hand book shops...but don't worry, there are all sorts of other shops there and there's also Clyro very nearby too.

For anyone wanting to eat in the Hotel....the prices are very reasonable and you can also choose to stay in one of the hotel rooms as well if you don't want to camp.

The hardstanding for the bikes is offered by the hotel as they understand that not all riders want their bikes on the grass, but that no riders want to leave their bikes parked on a main driveway, so the hardstanding was laid out of the way, next to the rally field.

There are plenty of toilets dotted around and the showers are located in the swimming pool changing rooms......plenty for men and women.

The field itself is flat and easy to ride onto and over, you can have tents/vans/caravans etc....whatever you want so long as it doesn't damage the ground.

We have this pretty much sewn up already....so all we are waiting for is to find out if we get voted as the AR10 hosts and we can put a poll of three possibel dates. That's all the hotel has and they are in July and August, but miss the main events elsewhere!

So......have a think guys and gals and I will post more info as I get it....as will AR10 possible President....Hovis!!!

DarrenSV650S
02-09-09, 10:45 PM
Sounds like it's already been decided

gruntygiggles
02-09-09, 10:49 PM
Another thing.....I'll always be going to AR's without actually riding as we like to bring the dogs with us and I'm not the only one.......the two AR's that I have been to have seen a fair few people not do the rideout, but come for the social or to look after kids/dogs.

For those of you not doing the rideout itself, there is LOADS to do in the area. The river is a mile away from the hotel and has great access to get down to it for dogs and kids to swim and play....as our dogs did on Sunday. There are lots of activites available like horse riding, quad biking, hiking on the brecons etc and if you like taking photos....this is scenic heaven. The campsite is within an area of outstanding natural beauty.....plenty of places to get fab shots.

Think that it for now!

hovis
02-09-09, 10:50 PM
thank you GG

:kiss:

gruntygiggles
02-09-09, 10:51 PM

No, it hasn't.....has to be voted for by you all.......Hovis has just been really looking forward to it and we've both worked hard getting the proposal ready, so we're trying to sell it the best we can.....lol.

:-)

Bluefish
02-09-09, 10:52 PM
get's my vote, unless one in scotland appears, then it would be 50/50.
great work guys.

Spiderman
02-09-09, 10:55 PM

:lol:

We've only had the one proposal so far so its not been decided by a long shot. Its a very impressive proposal for sure but we have a lot of very impressive members on the Org. Hovis and crew have set the bar high for the competition tho, i'll agree with that.

However, just look at the banner competition. The bar was set high on that early on too yet the brilliant submissions just keep coming in. The Org is a veritable field of talent :)

DarrenSV650S
02-09-09, 11:06 PM
hmm yeh sure :rolleyes:

hovis
02-09-09, 11:11 PM
hmm yeh sure :rolleyes:

whats that mean?

if your not happy arange to run the AR. then it will go to a vote

SIMPLES:p

DarrenSV650S
02-09-09, 11:13 PM
I'm not bothered. Probably wont be going anyway

Just sounds like it's pretty much decided :)

Spiderman
02-09-09, 11:17 PM

Thats a pretty defeatist attitude.

hovis
02-09-09, 11:18 PM
I'm not bothered. Probably wont be going anyway oh a trouble maker, im going to have to get used to being at the reciving end:p

Just sounds like it's pretty much decided :) well if nobody else puts anything forward, yes i guess it is decided.........
but the thraeds only been running for a few hours

davepreston
02-09-09, 11:21 PM
do we have a time scale here at all eg proposals in by bla bla bla
cos i see hovis's seems time critical and a put up or shut up date may be the way ahead

Binky
02-09-09, 11:25 PM
Not read ALL of the posts, but i'm going to back Hovis all the way here i think.

Binky reporting for duty. :salut:

gruntygiggles
02-09-09, 11:28 PM

Give the other Orgers a chace Darren. I know it may seem like it's a done deal as we've put up a pretty much finished proposal...the price is going up now, but it's far from decided. It only been open a few hours and I'll take this opportunity to say this:-

Organising any event for the kind of numbers the AR's get is not an easy thing to do. Hovis is one of the rare breed that wanted to volunteer as he knows how fantastic the roads are in Wales and wanted to share them. I happened upon an amazing venue and as I'd offered to help if it was going to be in Wales, we've put the proposal together.

Other Orgers might be deciding if it's something they want to do given the amount of crap that always ensues and so it make take a few days for other proposals to come forward. If they don't..........no point complaining, just be glad that Hovis has put this forward so we all have somewhere to go.

This isn't a sig at you Darren....I can understand why you think that.....but it's a point that I thin was worth making. Lets just wait and see eh...that's what Hovis and I are doing! :-)

hovis
02-09-09, 11:29 PM
do we have a time scale here at all eg proposals in by bla bla bla
cos i see hovis's seems time critical and a put up or shut up date may be the way ahead
i would like that, but i dont want to put other people off, like i said, if anybody thinks they can organise somthing, just say your intrested NOW, if theres no one else wanting to plan it, we can get things rolling.....
Not read ALL of the posts, but i'm going to back Hovis all the way here i think.

Binky reporting for duty. :salut:

:salut:

Binky
02-09-09, 11:30 PM
Anything Welsh gets my vote, north being much much much better.

Are you sure? I'd say it's pretty much all good. Thought the south is less Nazi.

hovis
02-09-09, 11:32 PM
the price is going up now, ! :-)

as in we are about to post the price, we are not raising it
;)

gruntygiggles
02-09-09, 11:34 PM
as in we are about to post the price, we are not raising it
;)

Haha......nope.....dropping it actually.....lol ;-)

hovis
02-09-09, 11:35 PM
its £15per person for the weekend,

we are not going to make any money out of this, all money will be acounted for and any left will either go to the running of the org, or a charity chosen by everyone

dogs and kids free........ i think? we might have to charge 50p for the big horse dog as he takes up more room than most of us

gruntygiggles
02-09-09, 11:38 PM

we are not going to make any money out of this, all money will be acounted for and any left will either go to the running of the org, or a charity chosen by everyone

dogs and kids free

Oh.....there's a water tap in the field, there's chemical waste disposal for those who would come in a caravan/campervan etc as well.

gruntygiggles
02-09-09, 11:39 PM

dogs and kids free........ i think? we might have to charge 50p for the big horse dog as he takes up more room than most of us

We'd just provide giant poo bags and gloves so that Ophic doesn't get himself in a mess again!

Ed
02-09-09, 11:49 PM
That part of Wales really is excellent.

Wherever we go, is it time to recognise that, given the size of the likely attendance, a one size fits all approach is now getting inappropriate. Some will no doubt want to go fast. Some prefer a more sedate pace. Faster riders won't want to wait for slower ones, and slower peeps will feel pressurised into riding faster than they really want to. Should we have two starts?

Just a thought.

Ed

Binky
02-09-09, 11:51 PM
Have you got a route penned yet Hovis?

hovis
02-09-09, 11:51 PM

Wherever we go, is it time to recognise that, given the size of the likely attendance, a one size fits all approach is now getting inappropriate. Some will no doubt want to go fast. Some prefer a more sedate pace. Faster riders won't want to wait for slower ones, and slower peeps will feel pressurised into riding faster than they really want to. Should we have two starts?

Just a thought.

Ed
no

sorry to be blunt, but there is no need, plus its hard enough trying to sort 1 rideout, never mind 2,

that would get messy IMO

hovis
02-09-09, 11:52 PM
Have you got a route penned yet Hovis?

indeed i have

i like it, but it neeeds aproving by the reccie team, which will be sooooon:smt039

Spiderman
03-09-09, 12:11 AM

Just a thought.

Ed

An issue that often comes up this one. The AR always has been and i hope always will be an event that is open to all comers, whether they've been riding for a week or 50yrs. Its always designed to be a fairly sedate bimble about so newcomers never feel excluded or out of their depth. The marker system we have in place ensures no one feels rushed and everyone can take as long as they like to get round without feeling pressured to keep up with those in front of them, safe in the knowledge that there will always be a marker ahead of them waiting to point them in the right direction and a Tail End Charlie behind them making sure they are OK and riding at a pace they feel comfortable with.

A few people always want to ride faster of course and there are bits on most ARs that allow for this, even if it is brief, or they can do as myself and a few
others did this year and stay and extra day and go for a ride with others who feel the same way on roads they are now also a little more familiar with.

Personally i feel the camaraderie of the ride part of the event would be lost if we had separated groups.

Tara
03-09-09, 06:50 AM
i gotta agree with Hovis from the other thread can we have it in June this time in 2008 it rained (July) June seems to get the better weather

Bluefish
03-09-09, 06:59 AM
hovis and gg, and anybody else thinking of putting up a proposal, you better book the weather now, in fact lets have it in southern spain cos weathers crap here, lol.

petevtwin650
03-09-09, 07:12 AM
Didn't think Hovis should be thinking of organising an AR as he's been stressing big time about the TT weekend coming up soon.

However the proposed site is pretty damn good, at first glance at least. With facilities for everyone from campers, to bunkhouse folk to own roomers. It's in a lovely location with,for us, a nice ride to it. Near a Motorway, but with excellent riding roads and superb scenery. Just the lunch stop to be organised. Somewhere with lots of eateries and preferably scenic or pleasant to stop at.

Good job guys :cool:

Oh yeah, and please not in the school holidays.

gruntygiggles
03-09-09, 07:12 AM
hovis and gg, and anybody else thinking of putting up a proposal, you better book the weather now, in fact lets have it in southern spain cos weathers crap here, lol.

Good job we have a bar at our venue big enough to fit us all in with ease then eh.........now just have to get voted in.

I can speak to the hotel again to ask about posible weekends in June as I asked about July/August, but he did say that the three weekend dates I've been given were the only ones available. I'll find out and we can let you know if and when the time comes that we are voted in.

As for the rideout, I think it would ruin the AR if we split the groups. I fully understand what Ed is saying, however.....The AR is an all inclusive event, as Spidey has said so eloquently. We must keep it that way and Hovis is working very hard on the route and ways in which it can be customised and changed if necessary to make the ride a comfortable one for all.

I too have mentioned the possibility of a Sunday ride and I really think that if people did that, they would get an even better experience of these incredible roads and views.....at whatever pace suits them.

hovis
03-09-09, 07:19 AM
Didn't think Hovis should be thinking of organising an AR as he's been stressing big time about the TT weekend coming up soon.

:confused:

no im not,

im just trying to please everyone regarding food, i relised thats not going to happen due to people ariving at differnt times, its sorted, bbq will be lit on the friday at about 7ish, unless its raining

petevtwin650
03-09-09, 07:26 AM
:confused:

no im not,

im just trying to please everyone regarding food, i relised thats not going to happen due to people ariving at differnt times, its sorted, bbq will be lit on the friday at about 7ish, unless its raining

Yes you were mate. About booking the bunkhouse in the first place for instance.

You don't always take on board what people tell you either.

However if you have a good supporting team around you then go for it

gruntygiggles
03-09-09, 07:30 AM
Okidoke.............regarding PeteVTwins post on the Proposal thread....here goes!

What's written on the website doesn't completely count for us as we are a rally. That is why we have exclusive use of the private bar, free of charge and also why I have been able to arrange that dogs and kids are free.

To repeat......DOGS AND CHILDREN ARE FREE! :-)

The hotel is being very obliging and yes, they do offer breakfast for campers, but that does not apply to a rally of 100+ people. They could potentially have a system where you could book in advance, but I am working on some on site catering for the camping field that would supply a breakfast, drinks etc at a much lower cost than the hotels, so when I have it finalised, I will get those details up tomorrow. When I do, I will re-point the map to show where that would be as well. If that comes through, which I think it will, it will mean on site food and drinks all weekend....no having to wait for anything and all the food will be local, produced by farmers just a few miles from camp.

hovis
03-09-09, 07:33 AM
Yes you were mate. About booking the bunkhouse in the first place for instance.that was because i phoed 10 diferant places and they were all full,

You don't always take on board what people tell you either.not sure what you mean there, but you cant please all the people all the time.

However if you have a good supporting team around you then go for iti have;)

gruntygiggles
03-09-09, 07:34 AM
Yes you were mate. About booking the bunkhouse in the first place for instance.

You don't always take on board what people tell you either.

However if you have a good supporting team around you then go for it

He's always taken on board anything I've heard people say to him, so I don't really understand that, but this AR organising isn't and shouldn't be about pointing out other peoples possible flaws........we're trying to organise a fab weekend for all and so far.....its looking superfab. Hovis has been chilled as a chilled thing in the land of chill.....lol.

Hey Pete......if we have it in Wales......it'll be like bringing Larry to see all his long lost relatives ;-)

maviczap
03-09-09, 07:39 AM

Just a thought.

Ed

Having attended my first AR this year and i was concerned that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace. But it wasn't the case and because of the great organisation and size of the group, it wasn't really possible for the fast riders to go too far ahead. The marshalling was great, so us slower riders didn't get lost and having a TEC ensured any stragglers were rounded up to make each stop for fuel etc.

I just let the fast riders go past me if they wanted to and apart from one rider being asked to modify his riding style, everyone rode safe.

So all that needs to make next years ride out a success is the same process and planning that went into this years ride out.

I wouldn't want two groups as you'd need double the number of marshalls, which would place a big strain on the organiser(s) to arrange

fizzwheel
03-09-09, 07:49 AM
i gotta agree with Hovis from the other thread can we have it in June this time in 2008 it rained (July) June seems to get the better weather

The date will be whenever you guys decide you want it. However I believe Hovis' proposal has constraints against the date as the hotel only has a few weekends free for next year. So they choice maybe limited.

IMHO it'll be best to sort the date out once we know where we are going.

As for the rideout itself, the facilities, the exact details, guys its at least 10 - 12 months for all this to be sorted out. Its ages away do we really need to start nit picking / discussing the small exacting details of the weekend ?

I really dont want this to degenerate again into bickering and moaning and complaining. So rather than picking holes or moaning its to far away or posting "I want to go here" comments, why not have a think about what you could offer in your area and put a proposal up

Nothing is set in stone, nothing is decided, nothing is pre planned or arranged

Its your forum, its your weekend, you as a community are deciding what we do. If we only get one proposal well IMHO we'd be daft not to take it, if we get more than one we will vote simple as.

gruntygiggles
03-09-09, 07:59 AM
+1 Fizz. For the Wales proposal, I can possibly get a few more dates, but whenever it is, there will be people that are happy and people that are not. That's what happens when things go to a vote, but the voting system is the best option by far. At least by getting it sorted sooner rather than later, all proposed venues will be able to offer Orgers the best possible chance of getting the time off work!

petevtwin650
03-09-09, 08:04 AM
Okidoke.............regarding PeteVTwins post on the Proposal thread....here goes!

What's written on the website doesn't completely count for us as we are a rally. That is why we have exclusive use of the private bar, free of charge and also why I have been able to arrange that dogs and kids are free.

To repeat......DOGS AND CHILDREN ARE FREE! :-)

The hotel is being very obliging and yes, they do offer breakfast for campers, but that does not apply to a rally of 100+ people. They could potentially have a system where you could book in advance, but I am working on some on site catering for the camping field that would supply a breakfast, drinks etc at a much lower cost than the hotels, so when I have it finalised, I will get those details up tomorrow. When I do, I will re-point the map to show where that would be as well. If that comes through, which I think it will, it will mean on site food and drinks all weekend....no having to wait for anything and all the food will be local, produced by farmers just a few miles from camp.

My post, which was snipped from the Hotels own website, was done to show that brekkie was available. I'm sure nowhere near 100 people will partake of it, either due to cost or the timing.

The other snip showed that dormitories are available and also rooms, which I believe was not mentioned in the original proposal.

Obviously prices shown could possibly vary due to bulk booking which is all to the good. :D

I'm not picking at anything, just trying to show how all round perfect the site and location appear to be.

gruntygiggles
03-09-09, 08:20 AM
My post, which was snipped from the Hotels own website, was done to show that brekkie was available. I'm sure nowhere near 100 people will partake of it, either due to cost or the timing.

The other snip showed that dormitories are available and also rooms, which I believe was not mentioned in the original proposal.

Obviously prices shown could possibly vary due to bulk booking which is all to the good. :D

I'm not picking at anything, just trying to show how all round perfect the site and location appear to be.

I for one was pleased you posted that Pete as it highlighted some of the things I had forgotten to add. Hovis and I have discussed it so much, I forget what I've told him and what I've actually put on the forum....lol.

Didn't think you were picking at all, I was simply answering the points raised.

Not everyone reads everything, so wanted to point out about Dogs and Kids to make it clear.

As for brekkie, yep......hotel does provide and it's a great cost, but I will probably post nearer the time asking people to support the on site catering as much as they can as they'll be giving subsidising the menu hugely for us as a favour and it would be good to support the local farms.

I thought I had mentioned about the dorm accommodation? If not.....ooops, I know I told Hovis about it. All just makes the venue even better though.....not just somewhere to sleep.....but a choice of where to sleep. Not just somewhere to eat, but a choice of where to eat:smt040

hovis
03-09-09, 08:23 AM
I thought I had mentioned about the dorm accommodation? If not.....ooops, I kniw I told Hovis about it.

oi

dont blame be you are in charge of the campsite;)

its good as some peeps dont like camping.

gruntygiggles
03-09-09, 08:28 AM
oi

dont blame be you are in charge of the campsite;)

its good as some peeps dont like camping.

Not blaming you ya div! lol. I mentioned it to you, then forgot to put it in the proposal....lol. That makes me a div too.

Uh oh.....possibly a pair of Divs organising the AR...."There may be trouble ahead" :smt046

petevtwin650
03-09-09, 08:33 AM
Not blaming you ya div! lol. I mentioned it to you, then forgot to put it in the proposal....lol. That makes me a div too.

Uh oh.....possibly a pair of Divs organising the AR...."There may be trouble ahead" :smt046

At least we know where we stand GG :smt082

Thanks for not taking my posts the wrong way:D

We personally would get a budget room for 1 night. 60 quid inc brekkie. Not too bad.:)

gruntygiggles
03-09-09, 09:09 AM
At least we know where we stand GG :smt082

Thanks for not taking my posts the wrong way:D

We personally would get a budget room for 1 night. 60 quid inc brekkie. Not too bad.:)

Coolio, I know you won't be booking anything yet, but if we get voted, early nest year I will post up prices for rooms/dorms as I will be arranging a special rate for any orgers wishing to use those facilities, so it'll be even better value then.

I can usually understand what's behind peple posts and it's very rarely negative, so not much bothers me.

Hovis and I welcome these things.....if we get voted, the only way we'll be able to make it the best it can be for everyone is if people speak up and tell us what they want!

carty
03-09-09, 09:09 AM
The Wales suggestion sounds perfect :)

Good job guys

Quedos
03-09-09, 09:16 AM
Hovi - you have been warned - don't tread on toes or else:smt079

you know what i'm talking about that weekend is mine!

but apart from that minute wee detail it sounds great - might even try and make this one

as an aside I doubt the AR will be in Scotland - its hard enough organsing the GM let alone the AR but never say never - we've got a canny crew!:wink:

hovis
03-09-09, 09:21 AM
Hovi - you have been warned - don't tread on toes or else:smt079

you know what i'm talking about that weekend is mine!

yup i know

and would not dare :notworthy:

Quedos
03-09-09, 10:06 AM
yup i know

and would not dare :notworthy:

Thank you:kiss::-$

Owenski
03-09-09, 10:25 AM
+1 to what davepreston has said about a deadline date for proposals.
If no one contests it then obviously there is no vote but also no argument. It seems apparent that if Hovis's AR is the one then its needed to be booked pretty well in advance so how does a cut off date of Friday 2nd October sound? Thats 4 weeks for anyone to arrange a proposal which is longer than Hovis and GG have had to set theirs up so its more than fair IMO.

gruntygiggles
03-09-09, 10:32 AM
+1 to what davepreston has said about a deadline date for proposals.
If no one contests it then obviously there is no vote but also no argument. It seems apparent that if Hovis's AR is the one then its needed to be booked pretty well in advance so how does a cut off date of Friday 2nd October sound? Thats 4 weeks for anyone to arrange a proposal which is longer than Hovis and GG have had to set theirs up so its more than fair IMO.

Sounds good to me, lets see what the Mods think! We got the Wales proposal done in a day so it's more than possible for others!

fizzwheel
03-09-09, 10:37 AM
lets see what the Mods think!

I think that should be decided by the forum as a whole rather than the being solely down tot he mods.

IMHO

Owenski
03-09-09, 10:41 AM
put a poll on this thread, those interested will see it, make it simple.

All in favour of Oct 2nd Been a cut off for AR10 proposals say AYE!

AYE
NO
KEITH D

gruntygiggles
03-09-09, 10:44 AM
I think that should be decided by the forum as a whole rather than the being solely down tot he mods.

IMHO

Coolio......lets vote (apart from me and Hovis I'm guessing....lol)

hovis
03-09-09, 10:45 AM
i think thats a bit long.

if nobody intends to plan one, why wait so long?

hovis
03-09-09, 10:47 AM
i say give peeps 1-2 weeks just to say if they are intrested in planning one, they dont need to submit all th eplans, but just say they are intrested

gruntygiggles
03-09-09, 10:53 AM
i say give peeps 1-2 weeks just to say if they are intrested in planning one, they dont need to submit all th eplans, but just say they are intrested

Only if they are interested and intend to actually make a proposal. It would be a nightmare if someone said they were interested, so we couldn't go ahead, only to later find out that they don't bother and we lose the venue.

I don't think that will happen as I have the Hotel on side, but they're not going to turn away other business waiting for months for us to decide and you coulnd't blame them for that. They only have a few weekends available because they are so flippin good :-)

What's the general opinion peeps???

RichT
03-09-09, 10:58 AM
I think a two week deadline is ample for people to show their interest. Although picking up on GG's point, I think we should have a second cut-off for proposals, e.g. Oct 31st. That way if plans don't come together that proposal can be eliminated and thing's can move forward.

My 2p worth.

gruntygiggles
03-09-09, 11:02 AM
I think a two week deadline is ample for people to show their interest. Although picking up on GG's point, I think we should have a second cut-off for proposals, e.g. Oct 31st. That way if plans don't come together that proposal can be eliminated and thing's can move forward.

My 2p worth.

And a good 2p worth it was too.....

could you please PM me your address so I can send this book to MrsT? I can't find it anywhere!!, Ta x

Owenski
03-09-09, 11:05 AM
if its made so people only have to show their interest in planning one though, that will slow it down even more.

I could say I want to arrange AR10, which then means you've all got to wait until I've done a proposal which could be 6weeks or soemthing by which time I might think ahhh F'it and change my mind, means you've been held up 6 weeks.

At least if its a proposal from people then everyone has a good idea of what they are voting for, it'll mean the location/organisors of the AR can be voted for and then they can get to sorting it out a lot sooner.

Owenski
03-09-09, 11:12 AM
I see my point has already been covered :D

MrT's 2p is priceless.
18th September deadline for anyone to show intention of a proposal
23rd October deadline for proposals to be shown
with
1-31st October a poll running for dates when the event will be held. (extended a week beyond the end of the venue poll to allow people to vote whos date preference depends on venue)

Then November onwards is free for the organisers to book/arrange everything they need. eg some porta potties ;)