PDA

View Full Version : AR10 Proposals More time required?

Stu
06-09-09, 09:14 PM
It's very quiet in the proposal thread http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=138699
So does anyone need more time to put together a proposal?

Gratefull if a Mod could sticky this

DarrenSV650S
06-09-09, 09:15 PM
Sounds like it's already been decided ;)

gruntygiggles
06-09-09, 09:28 PM
Oooh, I shall be watching this very carefully......I won't vote as I think that would be a little naughty....but am waiting with baited breath!

fizzwheel
06-09-09, 09:29 PM
Gratefull if a Mod could sticky this

Done

Ed
06-09-09, 09:41 PM
Sounds like it's already been decided ;)

...and I bet you believe the moon landings were faked:D

hovis
06-09-09, 09:42 PM
...and I bet you believe the moon landings were faked:D

:smt045

davepreston
06-09-09, 09:43 PM
i thought my belfast proposal was well done and worth concideration :) lol

Spiderman
06-09-09, 09:50 PM
good poll idea Stu, i know there have been a couple of weekenders recently so maybe thats why the proposal thread has been so quiet. Maybe.

How long have you set the poll for? I'm hoping we give enough time to those who have been away on one to read these threads and catch up and see this poll to say they need more time.

gruntygiggles
06-09-09, 09:51 PM
good poll idea Stu, i know there have been a couple of weekenders recently so maybe thats why the proposal thread has been so quiet. Maybe.

How long have you set the poll for? I'm hoping we give enough time to those who have been away on one to read these threads and catch up and see this poll to say they need more time.

If you look at the results...it says the poll will close on 20th Sept hun.

HTH xxx

hovis
06-09-09, 09:54 PM
How long have you set the poll for? .

If you look at the results...it says the poll will close on 20th Sept hun.

HTH xxx

lol @ spidey........... call your self a mod? pffffffft

;)

Spiderman
06-09-09, 09:57 PM
i call myself many things. A lazy speed reader being one of them and Spartacus even at times.

Fear me, for even i am scared of my own shadow.

hovis
10-09-09, 10:23 AM
regarding the "Yes, FFS it's next year there's no rush yet " option, i know its early, 8-9 months away, but as Gruntygiggles has said, the campsite only has a few weekends left for next year, the longer we leave it the less choice of dates we will get.

and i know that we will not be able to come up with a campsite with so much to offer at such a good price.

:smt023

Stu
10-09-09, 11:00 PM
regarding the "Yes, FFS it's next year there's no rush yet " option, i know its early, 8-9 months away, but as Gruntygiggles has said, the campsite only has a few weekends left for next year, the longer we leave it the less choice of dates we will get.

and i know that we will not be able to come up with a campsite with so much to offer at such a good price.

:smt023
Thanks for the bump. Unless you are saying that 10 more days is too much? :confused: (and if it is, please say so) I think we can rely on the lack of activity (except votes - thank you :)) in this thread too, that 20/9/09 is the absolute cut off date, and you can go ahead and post the date thread then(subject to Afghani style vote rigging before 20/9/09)

hovis
11-09-09, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the bump. Unless you are saying that 10 more days is too much? :confused: (and if it is, please say so) I think we can rely on the lack of activity (except votes - thank you :)) in this thread too, that 20/9/09 is the absolute cut off date, and you can go ahead and post the date thread then(subject to Afghani style vote rigging before 20/9/09)

you chosse the cut off date of the 20th, so maybe we should wait till then?

nobody has come forward with the intention of putting somthing together. and even if they do, i dont think it would better GG's efforts

see what the AR mod (spiderman) thinks?

Stu
11-09-09, 07:14 AM
With respect, I don't think it's down to him or any other Mod.
If you tell us that waiting another day is going to put the choice of a particular weekend at risk, then I think we should move to the next stage. Remember, the date poll will have to run for a period of time before you can provide the Baskerville with a definite date.

It seems like it's been dragging on for ages (350+ posts chat thread :)) but it's only been just over a week so I think at least 2 weeks would be good to wait if possible to avoid any accusations of sounds like it's already been decided :wink:

hovis
11-09-09, 07:20 AM
If you tell us that waiting another day is going to put the choice of a particular weekend at risk, then I think we should move to the next stage. Remember, the date poll will have to run for a period of time before you can provide the Baskerville with a definite date.

It seems like it's been dragging on for ages (350+ posts chat thread :)) but it's only been just over a week so I think at least 2 weeks would be good to wait if possible to avoid any accusations of sounds like it's already been decided :wink:

yeah, i agree and to be honest, i dont think anyone will be able to compete with what gruntygiggles has proposed.

and on the plus side, there does not seem to be the usual moaning, ;)

fizzwheel
11-09-09, 07:50 AM

I completey agree, you guys need to sort this out amongst yourselves IMHO.

Stu
11-09-09, 08:36 AM
OK, due warning! this poll may close before the scheduled date. Get your super dooper cooper trooper proposals in please :D

plowsie
11-09-09, 08:45 AM
I would put an idea forward, but:

I have no bike - though I have a route.
It's over this area of the country again.

EDIT: Let the Hove get his way, it's a clear winnner with all :)

diamond
11-09-09, 11:24 AM
I say close the poll and get a date up, might as well get the ball rolling it gives folks plenty of time to book time off from work and stuff.

Pingu65
11-09-09, 11:34 AM
Close the poll.

Seconded.....

We have a clear winner and people that are interested have had time to vote or propose and alternative.

dizzyblonde
11-09-09, 11:55 AM
I want to sleep in the posh place in Wales.....close it :-)

Better be able to get a date with them now or else!!!

caz650s
11-09-09, 07:22 PM
I agree ...

Lets get the date sorted before we loose out on one of the few weekends left ,

Most of us that turn up & support the AR's will have seen these posts by now and any other suggestions would have been put forward by now !

phil24_7
14-09-09, 06:15 PM
As much as I hate to say it, and despise having to pay to get in... "Lets go to Wales!"

Spiderman
14-09-09, 06:22 PM
see what the AR mod (spiderman) thinks?

Just to clarify for everyone.... the only way i am a mod of the AR is to be the janitor for the threads. If there is a clean up required in aisle 3 them send me a PM or something.

In EVERY other respect the AR is for you guys to decide on and all threads, votes etc is down to you guys to generate and organise. If something needs sticky-ing then PM me :)

diamond
14-09-09, 06:30 PM
Maybe we ought to get a date poll going then. 44 people have voted to say they like the idea of wales so we may as well get the ball rolling.

RichT
14-09-09, 07:19 PM
Maybe we ought to get a date poll going then. 44 people have voted to say they like the idea of wales so we may as well get the ball rolling.

+1 - lets get the show rolling folks... seems pointless to delay thing's given the results above.

hovis
14-09-09, 07:32 PM
As much as I hate to say it, and despise having to pay to get in... "Lets go to Wales!"

come on the bike

its FREE

newts924
14-09-09, 07:41 PM
Wales for me please mate :)

Lets get the dates sorted now...

mattSV
14-09-09, 08:00 PM
Lets do it.......

arcdef
14-09-09, 08:32 PM
I hit the wrong option, I meant yes ffs its next year, really want to start convincing someone to do a Scotland one ;)

phil24_7
14-09-09, 09:18 PM
come on the bike

its FREE

No. For 2 resons.

1. I couldn't possibly leave the motorhome ;) at home!

2. I'll get done for "excessive speed" pulling away from the toll booths, as the urge to full throttle it is too great!

hovis
14-09-09, 09:29 PM
2. I'll get done for "excessive speed" pulling away from the toll booths, as the urge to full throttle it is too great!

ive never been done for that:smt017

dizzyblonde
14-09-09, 09:37 PM
well as the venue is such a popular place, all this umming and arrring over when to close the poll is surely using up valuable time to be choosing a date.
After all the Wales proposal seems so good, nobody would want to be disappointed if we were to find the venue was fully booked, because we'd wasted time thinking about it so long

newts924
14-09-09, 09:59 PM
well as the venue is such a popular place, all this umming and arrring over when to close the poll is surely using up valuable time to be choosing a date.
After all the Wales proposal seems so good, nobody would want to be disappointed if we were to find the venue was fully booked, because we'd wasted time thinking about it so long

:winner:

gruntygiggles
14-09-09, 10:30 PM
No. For 2 resons.

1. I couldn't possibly leave the motorhome ;) at home!

1. Go round the A46 to Gloucester then A48 to Chepstow to avoid the bridge....but you'd have to pay the extra petrol anyway, so may as well just use the bridge!

2. I've been told by an old school mate who's now a copper in Caldicot that the A48 between the bridge and the M4 Bristol side is about the safest place to go full throttle if you want to.......and I've never seen police cars there or cameras.....but take your own risk as it's just something I've been told.

davepreston
14-09-09, 10:34 PM
I am sparticus and i say put up date poll
all who oppose me shall be smyted

Bri w
14-09-09, 10:39 PM
I am sparticus and i say put up date poll
all who oppose me shall be smyted

But i'm Sparticus!

But i concur, although i've used my full quota of Smytes

Spiderman
14-09-09, 10:47 PM
haha, all this talk of "do a date poll someone" and yet no ones done a date poll yet :lol:

go on, i dare ya.

gruntygiggles
14-09-09, 10:58 PM
If Hovis hasn't done it by midday tomorrow, I will do it. I'm trying to see if any other dates have come available as the guy at the hotel mentioned he was waiting on some confirmations, but Hovis has the definate available dates.

Stu
14-09-09, 11:13 PM
OK, this thread/poll will continue to the 20th (Sunday) but I think there is a rush to sort out a date IF it is going to be in Wales (if another proposal comes forward and is chosen, then a different date thread can be made)
I would put up the date poll, but I don't know the 3 available dates :???:

Stu
14-09-09, 11:20 PM
1. Go round the A46 to Gloucester then A48 to Chepstow to avoid the bridge....but you'd have to pay the extra petrol anyway, so may as well just use the bridge!
First time I drove to Wales I was so enraged by the charge for the bridge, that I did that on the way back. Little did I realise they only charge one way on the way to Wales #-o

hovis
15-09-09, 07:13 AM
haha, all this talk of "do a date poll someone" and yet no ones done a date poll yet :lol:

go on, i dare ya.

as GG says, she is trying to get a few extra dates, so theres no point putting it up untill we are 100% sure of the dates avilable

blue curvy jester
15-09-09, 03:00 PM
No. For 2 resons.

Thats not an urge its a requirement ( along with singing the theme tune from the grest escape/magnificent 7 into your hemlet)

or is it just me:smt101

blue curvy jester
15-09-09, 03:02 PM
I've been told by an old school mate who's now a copper in Caldicot that the A48 between the bridge and the M4 Bristol side is about the safest place to go full throttle if you want to.......and I've never seen police cars there or cameras.....but take your own risk as it's just something I've been told.

Closely followed by the M48 to the chepstow turn off ( a fact i put to the test after leaving the MoFo's at the beachley pub 45 mins later than i sadi i would be home) :oops:

hovis
15-09-09, 03:10 PM
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=139409

the poll for dates us up

phil24_7
15-09-09, 09:39 PM
ive never been done for that:smt017

By that I mean, I shall probably hit a ton before it gets down to 3 lanes!!

hovis
15-09-09, 09:41 PM
By that I mean, I shall probably hit a ton before it gets down to 3 lanes!!only a ton?;)

phil24_7
15-09-09, 09:42 PM

2. I've been told by an old school mate who's now a copper in Caldicot that the A48 between the bridge and the M4 Bristol side is about the safest place to go full throttle if you want to.......and I've never seen police cars there or cameras.....but take your own risk as it's just something I've been told.

Saw a police car once on that road, but have used it, maybe 50 times! Don't think I've ever stayed the right side of 80 on that road!

phil24_7
15-09-09, 09:47 PM

Closely followed by the M48 to the chepstow turn off ( a fact i put to the test after leaving the MoFo's at the beachley pub 45 mins later than i sadi i would be home) :oops:

I thought GG meant the M48 not the A48! The M49 is also another good road to pin it, as I have never seen a police car on it!

phil24_7
15-09-09, 09:49 PM
only a ton?;)

It's only the SV, if I was on the RR then I recon 120 can be had before it gets to 3 lanes!:D

hovis
15-09-09, 10:05 PM
hehe

im going to have to see what i can do next time

i recon 150 easy

phil24_7
15-09-09, 10:12 PM
But your on a blade!

Doubt 150 is possible though, it's only a few hundred metres before it merges into 3 lanes!

blue curvy jester
16-09-09, 09:17 AM
I thought GG meant the M48 not the A48! The M49 is also another good road to pin it, as I have never seen a police car on it!

Only ever seen unmarked on that rd, but he was in a bigger rush than me ( both of us were in 3 figures)

hovis
16-09-09, 09:19 AM
Doubt 150 is possible though, it's only a few hundred metres before it merges into 3 lanes!

that sounds like a challange:p

phil24_7
16-09-09, 07:07 PM
Let me know how you get on!

hovis
16-09-09, 07:28 PM
Let me know how you get on!

will do.

not sure when i will next be leaving the country though, now if i tweaked the AR to go through the toll, that would be fun lol

phil24_7
16-09-09, 10:42 PM
Ha ha, that would be fun. A 100 bike drag race would be VERY interesting!

hovis
17-09-09, 09:32 AM
Ha ha, that would be fun. A 100 bike drag race would be VERY interesting!

yeah, depend what mood the troll operater is in,

somtimes they let you all go through at once, other times they make you go 1 by 1

davepreston
17-09-09, 12:11 PM
why is this thread still here ?

Stu
17-09-09, 01:36 PM
:smt102 a place to chat, apparently

;)

davepreston
17-09-09, 01:43 PM
come on spidy bring down the mighty mod hammer lol
or do you want to ask your mummy first :)

hovis
17-09-09, 02:00 PM
come on spidy bring down the mighty mod hammer lol
or do you want to ask your mummy first :)

yeah........... hes not very good at this modding lark is he?

;)

Bluefish
17-09-09, 07:32 PM
carefull you are undermining his authority, he might do err nothing, lol.

Spiderman
17-09-09, 08:09 PM
oi you bunch of cheeky monkeys. Just cos i;m not responding right away dont mean i'm not watching you lot ya know ;)

Now do i need to move all this chit chat out of here again or will you lot only go an pollute it with more chatter?

So far Arcdef is the only one who has voted for more time..... so Arcdef if you're reading this please either post up a provisional plan or if you prefer PM it to me if you dont want the idea out in the open unitl you have finalised it.

Oh and you should all fear my mod hammer, its made of cheese. The really smelly stuff. Imagine getting that in your hair, ewww.

davepreston
17-09-09, 08:11 PM
I hit the wrong option, I meant yes ffs its next year, really want to start convincing someone to do a Scotland one ;)
and i also dont have any hair so bring on your worst ya eight legged freak :)

davepreston
17-09-09, 08:12 PM
victory is mine muuuuuhhhahahahahahahaha

Spiderman
17-09-09, 08:15 PM
git :lol:

OK so should we just leave this thread a chat free place and do all the chatting in, oh i dunno, the AR10 chat thread perhaps?

Or am i being far too sensible now?

hovis
17-09-09, 08:20 PM
So far Arcdef is the only one who has voted for more time..... so Arcdef if you're reading this please either post up a provisional plan or if you prefer PM it to me if you dont want the idea out in the open unitl you have finalised it.

.if you bovered to read the thread, you would know he pressed the wrong button

spidey wake up:safe:

davepreston
17-09-09, 08:25 PM
big delete button :)

davepreston
17-09-09, 08:26 PM
ps hovis

fail :)

Spiderman
17-09-09, 08:27 PM
if you bovered to read the thread, you would know he pressed the wrong button

spidey wake up:safe:

just cos i mod the thread dont mean read the thread ;)

hovis
17-09-09, 08:30 PM
bananaman would kick spidermans @rse

:smt039

davepreston
17-09-09, 08:32 PM
i'll ask him when he comes on at 4 in the morning

phil24_7
17-09-09, 08:33 PM
I'll have a tenner on that Breadboy. Smash in his spider senses!

Spiderman
17-09-09, 08:37 PM
oooh, whats he gonna do? Throw over ripe bananas at me?

davepreston
17-09-09, 08:38 PM
put a glass over ya and watch ya suffocate lol

phil24_7
17-09-09, 08:50 PM
Send you down the plug hole!

Stu
18-09-09, 01:31 PM
Could a Mod please change the thread title to AR10 Proposals More chat required?

:lol:

Seriously, I think it's good that this thread is receiving all these free bumps. Just makes sure no one can complain they didn't see it & clearly no one else has a clue...I mean plan ;)

phil24_7
18-09-09, 03:32 PM
I love the fact that the super-spider-mod is joining in with the chattiness of the thread! :D

Spiderman
19-09-09, 02:30 AM
I love the fact that the super-spider-mod is joining in with the chattiness of the thread! :D

I'm trying not to but yous guys keeps making me do it.

However Stu does make a valid point, is not like the chit chat is getting in the way of anyone elses serious requests for more time or anything and its a free bump so good all round.

Anyway, poll ends in a couple days now so its all good :)

phil24_7
19-09-09, 12:26 PM
Then you can wield the great mod "locky" stick!

Spiderman
20-09-09, 10:56 AM
Right boys and girls and inbetweens of all descriptions, this poll closes tonight at 10ish so if you have any need for more tme to gte your proposals out for consideration then you best hurry up and say something or lse it looks like AR10 is in Wales.

phil24_7
20-09-09, 12:10 PM
Bring on the toll booth grand prix!

Stu
20-09-09, 09:53 PM
Poll Closed.

I declare that the AR10 will be held in Wales.

edit: for the avoidance of doubt the 1 vote for yes I have a plan has been declared an accident

phil24_7
21-09-09, 06:53 PM
Where's Super-spider-mod with his big locky stick? :D

hovis
21-09-09, 06:56 PM
he'll probably be along somtime in october

lol

Spiderman
21-09-09, 06:58 PM
Sorry fellas i was out getting some superglue so when i lock this thread i know its locked properly.