PDA

View Full Version : Almax Chains

sauluk
23-09-09, 06:30 PM
Just thought I'd give a massive thumbs up for Almax.

Unfortunately my old chain got nicked after someone broke into my garage probably looking for the bike which was fortunately with me at my parents. chain wasn't locked up just looped through the anchor.

Called Almax and have gone for the IV Uber now. Got a discount given the circumstances and a long chat about security which was helpful and a nice gesture.

Not only are the chains reputed to be immense, their service is next to none.

Dave20046
23-09-09, 06:35 PM
Could you detail how you got the discount so we can all try it on?! :razz:

I really want an almax chain but at the moment I'm waiting for my luck to run out playing the postcode lottery, and then when it goes tits up I can come on here crying about it.

Have they cracked the stolen goods money back guarantee yet?

sauluk
23-09-09, 06:42 PM
Ha, no, was just unlucky enough to have mine theived.

Don't think so, but given that it's one of the only (the only?) chain(s) that you can actually get a discount on insurance with I think it must be pretty good!

Dave20046
23-09-09, 06:47 PM
Ha, no, was just unlucky enough to have mine theived.

Don't think so, but given that it's one of the only (the only?) chain(s) that you can actually get a discount on insurance with I think it must be pretty good!

You get a discounts with loads of chains. I do believe they are good though.

Sally
24-09-09, 10:49 AM
How much do these go for?

Dave20046
24-09-09, 10:51 AM
How much do these go for?
£150ish IIRC
They've got a number of different chains now though I think, more 'at home securtiy' than round town unless they've worked on a lighter weight version since I last looked.
www.almax-security-chains.co.uk (http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk)

Cheaper than most under-21's excess + premium increases though.

cbay
13-01-10, 09:50 AM
Just bought a Series 4, Whoop!

The people at Almax are soooo helpful and nice!!! They really want to help you secure your bike!! I was a little thrown back with how helpful they were, I was on the phone for a good 20mins or so just chatting before I even agreed to place an order.

Also they are now supplying a new Squire Lock which is alot better than the previous one. :-) You have 3 lives..... I'll explain later. :-)

muffles
14-01-10, 09:47 PM
Almax chains are good stuff, have had 3 now. One got stolen but not cut or compromised - just taken with the bike and the heavy concrete "ground anchor" it was attached to!

xXBADGERXx
15-01-10, 10:17 PM
Just got mine off AndyL , Jaysus Henry Christ this thing is HEAVY . Have wanted one for ages . It just about squeezed through my ground anchor and I am now looking to order an Anti-Pinch Pin to thread through my frame . I will check out what I need in the morning for that as I don`t like the idea of threading this through the Wheels or Forks as a security measure . Coupled with my Alarm , my bike should provide a fair fight in detterring these Douche-Bags ............. working out how to make a Beer Bottle trip wire as well for added measure :)

sauluk
15-01-10, 11:22 PM
When i had the security chat with maxine she was saying about farmers using emptied (but live) shotgun cartridges rigged up as trip alarms, said the sound would stun anyone for a couple minutes at night when unexpected. Sounded really interesting!

5hort5
16-01-10, 12:01 AM
Just bought a Series 4, Whoop!

The people at Almax are soooo helpful and nice!!! They really want to help you secure your bike!! I was a little thrown back with how helpful they were, I was on the phone for a good 20mins or so just chatting before I even agreed to place an order.

Also they are now supplying a new Squire Lock which is alot better than the previous one. :-) You have 3 lives..... I'll explain later. :-)

yer we found that and that was before they knew we wanted half a dozen of the best 1.5 m chains and locks

chiefrick
26-05-10, 09:30 PM
Just bought a series III, looks good!

independentphoto
29-07-10, 02:58 PM
When i had the security chat with maxine she was saying about farmers using emptied (but live) shotgun cartridges rigged up as trip alarms, said the sound would stun anyone for a couple minutes at night when unexpected. Sounded really interesting!

Like this. (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12G-Alarm-Mine-Burgular-Alarm-Trip-Wire-/220455129944?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item3354265358)

Garry:smt067

Stonesie
07-10-10, 07:05 PM
Just received a series 3 chain, Squire lock and hardy ground anchor, really impressed with them and the service from Almax was absolutely top notch. There was a delay in shipping as they had sold out, as a good will gesture they upgraded the lock to one that should cost £30 more for no extra charge (Squire SS65CS Quick Change)

Once I managed to borrow a SDS drill the ground anchor was easy to fit, my mum wanted to feel the weight of the chain and gave up before all the links were off the table (Bless her)