PDA

View Full Version : Mediorce Fix for Winter Riding

slloyd
20-10-09, 06:49 AM
Currently can't afford a set of Hot Grips, or even invest in a pair of Alpinestars Jet Roads.

So wanted to know to stop the old frost bite from attacking my fingers at 6am in the mornings, can anyone suggest a alternate intermediate suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Drew Carey
20-10-09, 07:07 AM
Yup, simple. Hein Gercike, get a set of Panthans, they do they normal five finger version or the clawed version. I had the clawed version and rode all through winter even at -2 and had no problems what so ever. Think they are about £40 if you can manage that.

maviczap
20-10-09, 07:19 AM
Or a pair of handlebar muff or off road hand guards, just to keep the wind chill off your hands.

Plus a pair of silk or thermal undergloves as well

slloyd
20-10-09, 12:34 PM
Thanks guys for the suggestions, and will have a look at these suggestions.

Owenski
20-10-09, 12:38 PM
If you pop down to a wilkinsons (or similar) they have these gel packs that can be slipped into the back of your gloves, the air flow actually moves the warmth all over your hand. I've seen 2 types, 1 goes in the mircowave and the other you crack open like glow sticks and it chemically reacts to create heat... Nice and toasty.

Dave20046
20-10-09, 12:56 PM
Or a pair of handlebar muff or off road hand guards, just to keep the wind chill off your hands.

Plus a pair of silk or thermal undergloves as well
Old milk bottles (the big plastic type) are good for this, look really cool too :rolleyes:

Dave20046
20-10-09, 12:57 PM
Yup, simple. Hein Gercike, get a set of Panthans, they do they normal five finger version or the clawed version. I had the clawed version and rode all through winter even at -2 and had no problems what so ever. Think they are about £40 if you can manage that.
Not sure if these are better than hot grips or not but you can get hotgrips for about that price.

maviczap
20-10-09, 02:17 PM
Old milk bottles (the big plastic type) are good for this, look really cool too :rolleyes:

Yep, that's a good solution, couple of zip ties, bit of paint to disguise them if you feel the need. Total cost about 10p the rest can be spend on lavish living :p

Dave20046
20-10-09, 02:19 PM
Yep, that's a good solution, couple of zip ties, bit of paint to disguise them if you feel the need. Total cost about 10p the rest can be spend on lavish living :p
You know it :cool: