PDA

View Full Version : got some fancy new boots!

AndyBrad
09-11-09, 10:03 AM
Yay i’ve treated myself to some new boots. I got the TCX competizione RS thingies in black whith whit bits on them. I’ve been wearing them around the house all weekend and they are going to take some breaking in. Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice as to....

Getting my calves thinner. There fat and its hard o get them in the top J
Changing gear. I can feel nothing! Compared to my thin BMW boots and im struggling to flex them downwards!
What that laceup thing is used for?

Appart from that there pretty swish. Although the guys at work don’t think they go with my shirt and trousers J

AndyBrad
09-11-09, 03:30 PM
Actually any tips on changing gear with them? I had to lean over the tank this morning to get up through the box, im guessing they just need breaking in?

Nostrils
09-11-09, 07:47 PM
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=136574

The link above might give you some tips on changing gear - even though I had Oxtar Boots before, these appear to be a little thicker (or designed differently) around that area! Got used to it now with perhaps the odd mess-up, give it time and wearing them should help.

barwel1992
09-11-09, 08:26 PM
lol i went from trainers to sidi vertigo's and had the same problem, just percivear and you get used to it and the boot brake in, ps my boots have adjustable calf's and i can still only just get in them :/ but they have given a fair bit so give it time

daved407
22-11-09, 12:07 PM
I often use something called Mink oil to soften leather of difficult to break in boots. Normally work boots. But I guess it could be used on all leather. Cant say what effect it may or may not have on the protectivness. Dont know what it is, but it does exactly what the tin says it does. Softens leather.