PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Price increases v soon

5hort5
04-12-09, 11:51 PM
Hi All,

I just got a quote for some road pilot 2's, ride in ride out at 220 quid. Does this sound about right?

Anyway that's not the purposes of this post. I asked if there was any manufacturer deals coming up soon or shop discounts. None were happening but the tyre bloke said when emailing back to me that "All and I mean All tyre companies are increasing prices by around 10% and don't foget VAT goes back upto 17.5% at the start of the new year".

mmmm interesting! :smt013

A bit of t'internet research comes up with:

Pirelli Tyre: 10 per cent Price Increase in Middle East and Africa Markets for Car, Motorcycle and Truck Tyres

Milan, 6 November 2009 – Pirelli, following growth of raw materials and energy costs, announces a 10% price increase for all car, motorcycle and truck product lines in Middle Eastern and African markets. The price increase will take effect in the various markets starting in mid November 2009.

Consumer tyre price increases by Yokohama, Bridgestone, Continental, and Nexen will come into effect on the 1st January 2010. While Goodyear and Falken raised consumer tyre prices at the start of the month.

So based on that and if you got the cash I suppose it's a case of getting your new hoops sooner (very soon) rather than later.

Anyone in the know heard about this?

5hort5
05-12-09, 12:43 AM
Strange, my beer has made me put this in completely the wrong area, could a mod move this to bike issues please?

Thanks - Si

punyXpress
05-12-09, 07:13 PM
So the next tyre recommendation is : ...
Cartel Classics front & rear.

Dave20046
05-12-09, 07:31 PM
good good, avons aren't listed

Berlin
06-12-09, 01:03 PM
And the price of race scrubs isn't likely to be too affected :)

7 sets for £125 at mallory means I'm set for next year already! :)

C