PDA

View Full Version : One of those days

Amanda
16-12-09, 02:54 PM
Having one of those days today, ya know the ones where you struggle to smile. Chris is in London working all week so sat here on my own

Not looking for sappy cyber hugs or stuff but sometimes its nice to vent!

Was my daughters birthday on Monday and other than this household noone on my side of the family has sent her a card yet not even my mum. Now my Dad died a year before my daughter was born and life has been tricky ever since. Mum moved to Spain, both sisters moved north, huge row with Mum means she didnt talk to me for 2 years. Now Im sitting here in tears with that horrible grief feeling that life would be so different if Dad was still with us.

Humph, have booked tickets for the Panto tonight to take my mind off things. Better go on the school run and see the mini-me's faces when I tell them where we're going.

Thanks for listening.

:thumbsup:

_Stretchie_
16-12-09, 02:55 PM
: (

Big soppy cyber hug

lee67
16-12-09, 02:57 PM
feel for u ....family's are never easy...big yorkshire hug sent from me:thumbsup:

Alpinestarhero
16-12-09, 03:06 PM
Families...you can't choose them

but you can select your friends

so chin up and enjoy the panto

(its behind yooouuuuu!)

Holdup
16-12-09, 03:08 PM
Being on your own now will get you used to being on your own in the old peoples home cus your old!

p.s. your old

:D

(im only messing Mandy)

Biker Biggles
16-12-09, 03:18 PM
One of those days?

OH NO IT ISNT

Spiderman
16-12-09, 03:21 PM
Yes it is! AND ITS (nearly all) BEHIND YOU (now)!

Its tough Amanda but sharing the pain sometimes helps to lift your spirits :)

Spidey hugs.

Biker Biggles
16-12-09, 03:27 PM
Yes it is! AND ITS (nearly all) BEHIND YOU (now)!

Its tough Amanda but sharing the pain sometimes helps to lift your spirits :)

Spidey hugs.

Look.Prince Charming has arrived:roll:

Wait till I sqeeze into my fairy godmother outfit:p
It seems to have shrunk since last year:mad:

Spiderman
16-12-09, 03:32 PM
BB, i'm not kissing you again, no matter how pretty your dress might be this year.

Biker Biggles
16-12-09, 03:45 PM
BB, i'm not kissing you again, no matter how pretty your dress might be this year.

Woe is me:smt073

Spurned again.:confused:

Spiderman
16-12-09, 04:11 PM
well you know why, you never come out to play despite all the threats ;)

Biker Biggles
16-12-09, 04:27 PM
I got a note from my mum
It says No going out with the Tehran Terror.

Jabba
16-12-09, 04:30 PM
Christmas wouldn't be the same without a little family upset or heartache.

But at least they are around to cause it ;-)

Enjoy the panto and have a darned good laugh whilst yout there, eh? :thumbsup:

Amanda
16-12-09, 04:49 PM
Just about to head out and get something to eat before the Panto, making a night of it.

Thanks guys, don't usually have wobbles but today was pretty bad. Hopefully short lived and Snow White will give me my smile back.

Toodles
x

Spiderman
16-12-09, 04:53 PM
I got a note from my mum
It says No going out with the Tehran Terror.

You used to call me Tiger, not Terror :cry:

Have a great time amanda :)

Lozzo
16-12-09, 05:05 PM
It's yer age luv, "the change" gets ya like that ;) Have a hot cocoa and cuddle up with a hot water bottle and yer feet in one of those big fluffy two-feet slipper things after you've dragged your shopping home in a tartan trolley.

Cheer yourself up by having a mobile hairdresser come round to refresh your blue-rinse

Milky Bar Kid
16-12-09, 06:27 PM
Lozzo, you make me laugh!

Lozzo
16-12-09, 06:58 PM
I'm glad someone appreciates what I pass off as humour.

Speedy Claire
16-12-09, 07:28 PM
Bloomin eck if Amanda`s got the blue rinse I`m older so I must be at the hair so thin you can see my scalp, crimplene trousers with elasticated waist and twin sets stage!!!!

Chin up Amanda, I`ve been through that nobody cares bout your flesh and blood feeling and you know what? sod them. If they don`t want to share her milestones with her then it`s their loss. I`m sure you overcompensate and make every milestone an extra special one for her and I hope the smile on her face tonight has made you feel tons better .

Wideboy
16-12-09, 08:38 PM
you go to pantomimes to cheer yourself up!? :confused:

:grouphug:

Speedy Claire
16-12-09, 09:45 PM
you go to pantomimes to cheer yourself up!? :confused:

:grouphug:

Oh no she doesn`t............... :D

* Speedy slaps thigh *

Wideboy
16-12-09, 09:49 PM
Oh no she doesn`t............... :D

* Speedy slaps thigh *

oh that was good :lol:

Quiff Wichard
16-12-09, 09:50 PM
Christmas aint always all good eh..
it is a real benchmark to time and reflection..

but your dad wouldnt want you upset.. enjoy your kids Amanda...

it could be worse babe.. you could be me !

Bibio
16-12-09, 09:53 PM
not my business, but do you know your mums phone number?

if so and you are not talking and it's been 2 years, someone is going to have to break the ice. give her a phone, i'm sure that what ever the argument was about its not worth it.

all it takes sometimes is a phone call. no matter what your mum says DONT ARGUE or bring anything up that can start an argument. life IS to short. trust me i know, i have had my fair share of it lately.

or just tell me to piz off and mind my own business.

Milky Bar Kid
16-12-09, 10:01 PM
not my business, but do you know your mums phone number?

if so and you are not talking and it's been 2 years, someone is going to have to break the ice. give her a phone, i'm sure that what ever the argument was about its not worth it.

all it takes sometimes is a phone call. no matter what your mum says DONT ARGUE or bring anything up that can start an argument. life IS to short. trust me i know, i have had my fair share of it lately.

or just tell me to piz off and mind my own business.

Oh God, how I wish things were always this easy!!!

Amanda
16-12-09, 10:16 PM
Oh Normal service resumes!!!

Crikey Lozzo, Is that your idea of a blooming pep talk lol Don't ever EVER get a job at Samaritans or Relate, OK. ;)

Panto was A-Maze-ING, had Chris Jarvis offof C Boobies and Sue Pollard offof Hi-De-Hi. Was really good and the kids were so funny. Jenni (DD) got all embarrassed after I got them to read her birthday out. Its not cool for an 8 year old, bless. Adam (DS) was shouting at the top of his voice "Behind you" and "BoooooooooOO"

Wicked :D

Thanks again peeps, appreciate the sentiments xoxoxoxoxox

Amanda
16-12-09, 10:29 PM
... huge row with Mum means she didnt talk to me for 2 years ....

AH! Well that was 2 years ago and although the arguement is long forgotten we have not been close since.

I'm not worried to be honest, my kids are the most important people in my life and they don't want for anything. It's just the disappointment that she hasn't recognised her own granddaughters birthday.

blueto
16-12-09, 11:40 PM
hey M.We all have those days...................Chin up and im sure that things will be better tommorrow.....

Hope the theatre was fun!

Quedos
17-12-09, 09:10 AM
AH! Well that was 2 years ago and although the arguement is long forgotten we have not been close since.

I'm not worried to be honest, my kids are the most important people in my life and they don't want for anything. It's just the disappointment that she hasn't recognised her own granddaughters birthday.

Know how you feel on that one - I was the grand daughter that mine forgot - yet the sun shone from my brother every year.!
but hey thats families

I'm glad the panto helped you feel better - they have that knack whether you want cheered up or not - I'm thinking of booking tickets for a matinee for me next week ( IP won't go and he's at work )

sending you hugs fro today just to keep that feeling going!