PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

SoulKiss
17-12-09, 10:08 AM
No, not your silly little pics under your name, the film.

Saw it in 3D last night.

WOW!

Go see it.

That is all.

DanAbnormal
17-12-09, 10:26 AM
Seeing it in 2D tonight and 3D on Sunday. Can't wait!!

Alpinestarhero
17-12-09, 10:31 AM
it really this good? It dosnt look apealling to me atm

DanAbnormal
17-12-09, 11:22 AM
I think it looks incredible. Cameron back with a huge bang!

Warthog
17-12-09, 01:24 PM
Looks like it could go either way for me. Report back and let me know whether to bother or not!

gruntygiggles
17-12-09, 01:28 PM
I heard it was amazing but to take a cushion into the cinema as it's almost three hours long...lol

lily
17-12-09, 01:29 PM
Me want to go and see it!

Spiderman
17-12-09, 01:34 PM
haha, i was at the flicks last week with a Orger and as soon as we saw the ad for this film we both said "i bet SK will love this!"
Not my kind of thing tho.

SoulKiss
17-12-09, 04:37 PM
I think it looks incredible. Cameron back with a huge bang!

It DOES look incredible.

I heard it was amazing but to take a cushion into the cinema as it's almost three hours long...lol

2 and a half and you wont notice the time pass. There was no point where I was sitting thinking "Come on, get to the final sequence"

haha, i was at the flicks last week with a Orger and as soon as we saw the ad for this film we both said "i bet SK will love this!"

Spidey you would love it - if not just for the mostly naked 10' tall blue chicks with tails...

Yep, I rarely pay to see a film at the cinema twice, but I think I want to now go see it in IMAX, forget the plot and just take in all the scenery.

El Saxo
17-12-09, 04:42 PM
Going to see it tonight in 3D, can't wait! :D

Spiderman
17-12-09, 04:46 PM
Spidey you would love it - if not just for the mostly naked 10' tall blue chicks with tails...

Yep, I rarely pay to see a film at the cinema twice, but I think I want to now go see it in IMAX, forget the plot and just take in all the scenery.

Man you know me and my love of amazonian women too well :lol: Not sure about the tail but hey, i;m an open minded kind of guy.

And smoothly back on topic.... IMAX rules! Even the worst film in thw rold would be worth seeing at IMAX.

DanAbnormal
18-12-09, 12:15 PM
Saw it last night in standard D (that's 2D). :)

Simply..............incredible. I didn't want it to ever end. Great story, hot blue alien chick-thing (okay so maybe I am weird) awesome ships and weapons.

The battle scene's make most of sci-fi films look dated. The most incredible cgi I have ever, ever seen. Wow.

Can't wait to see it in 3D now! :smt041:thumbsup:

El Saxo
18-12-09, 12:58 PM
Great story, hot blue alien chick-thing (okay so maybe I am weird) awesome ships and weapons.

The battle scene's make most of sci-fi films look dated. The most incredible cgi I have ever, ever seen.

After seeing it last night in 3D i'd agree with most of that. The plot & the characters were a bit simplistic & felt a bit secondary to the special effects though to me. That said, I really enjoyed it but I'm glad I saw it in 3D for the added 'wow' factor. I don't think I'll bother seeing it again in 2D though.

zunkus
18-12-09, 01:47 PM
Looks great. thanks for the tip.

zsv650
18-12-09, 04:28 PM
i wanna go see this it looks like nothing else have to be 3d though.

Graciepants
18-12-09, 05:41 PM
i;ve just got home from seeing it in 3D
loved it, and i'm a girly girly. was excellent.

Spiderman
18-12-09, 06:21 PM
Wow, GP.... you can sing in 3D? Thats some impressive stuff.

:lol:

Graciepants
18-12-09, 06:36 PM
Wow, GP.... you can sing in 3D? Thats some impressive stuff.

:lol:

hmmm
my e didnt work

Spiderman
18-12-09, 06:38 PM
Duff e's? Yeh we all been there love. Always buy from a trusted dealer is the key.

Ok wait, you meant on your keypad, right?

beabert
18-12-09, 06:38 PM
I cant see 3d movies :(

SoulKiss
19-12-09, 10:19 AM

I really dont know if the 3D brought much to the whole thing, the visuals that were so stunning should work in 2D equally well.

Someone commented above that it seemed like the plot was a bit weak, and while I have to at least slightly agree, the plot was not so weak as to make the film seem like a Technical Demo.

zsv650
19-12-09, 10:21 AM
i hear it's going too be a trilogy.

Spiderman
19-12-09, 01:00 PM

I'm sure if you promised not to scream again Imax would let you in just one last time ;)

Seriously tho, thats a wierd one. I remeber you saying this before on another thread but i didnt ask then, so i will now.

is it just the red/green type of 3D you cant see? Have you been to an IMAX to see if you can get the effect there?

BanannaMan
19-12-09, 01:43 PM
The coolest part is:

Some of the great 3-D effects you are admiring in AVATAR are the work of an .org member! :cool:

well done lukemillar :thumbsup:

beabert
19-12-09, 01:49 PM
I'm sure if you promised not to scream again Imax would let you in just one last time ;)

Seriously tho, thats a wierd one. I remeber you saying this before on another thread but i didnt ask then, so i will now.

is it just the red/green type of 3D you cant see? Have you been to an IMAX to see if you can get the effect there?

I have a 'lazy eye' so i only see out of my left eye, i can see movement in my right, and if i close my left eye i can see sort of. the green and red glasses dont work.

The only 3d thing ive seen is at alton towers years ago on a semi circular dome you sit in, that was intense! had me jumping off my chair, but it was spoilt becuase i couldsee the red and green images too, but it was still 3d without the glasses on.

hindle8907
19-12-09, 01:59 PM
the glasses are not red and green ones anymore though are they ? arnt they just clear lenses with a slight tint

DarrenSV650S
19-12-09, 02:10 PM
Just watched the trailer. Looks good :)

For the people that have seen 3D films - When you take off the glasses does the film look normal?

I can't see 3D either but haven't tried the new style of glasses so wouldn't mind seeing if it's any different

DanAbnormal
19-12-09, 02:12 PM
For the people that have seen 3D films - When you take off the glasses does the film look normal?

No, as it' two images displayed slightly off kilter so it will just look weird and blurry.

I can say however that the movie was stunning in 2D. :smt041

barwel1992
19-12-09, 02:13 PM
^ beet me to it

carnt wait to see this :D

El Saxo
19-12-09, 03:40 PM
This was the first film I've watched in 3D and the odd thing I found about watching it in 3D was that your focus is intentionally directed (you might even say forced) towards certain areas/characters on screen, to the extent that other actors etc, still in the foreground, are out of focus. It took me a while to adjust to it cos it seems a bit weird when one of the actors who is speaking is out of focus, but I guess that's part of how the 3D effect is achieved. :smt102

zobers
19-12-09, 06:59 PM
Fantastic film, saw it in 3D too and absolutely loved it. I too found the aliens oddly attractive.

N8te rider
19-12-09, 07:40 PM
we're off to see it tomorrow :smt041

tanis34
19-12-09, 10:02 PM
we're off to see it tomorrow :smt041
and me:smt041

Essex of Essex
19-12-09, 10:14 PM
I enjoyed the 3d but didn't think much of the film, a newspaper I picked up yesterday described it as Dances with Smurfs.

I found I developed a very bad headache, I'm not sure if that was the glasses that caused that.

zsv650
19-12-09, 10:21 PM
probably the glasses some of them are too tight and put pressure on your temple's i found.

zsv650
02-01-10, 08:07 PM
finally seen it at the cinema in 3d it's just incredible a real visual overload i couldnt get my head round how good it was amazing.

JamesMio
04-01-10, 09:49 PM
Just watched it in 3D in edinburgh, wow! Took about 20-30mins before my eyes relaxed into letting me see it all properly, but once they did it was amazing! I must say, the trailers did it zero justice, I didn't fancy it at all and only went after hearing umpteen great reviews.

Bibio
17-01-10, 12:15 AM
enjoyed the movie, buuuuut i thought it was a bit toooo disney. which for me spoilt a chance of a cracking film.

will i be buying it on blu-ray, noooooope

Richie
17-01-10, 12:33 AM
will i be buying it on blu-ray, noooooope

I'm with you........ as I don't have a blu-ray player... So the same as a blunt dot punch. pointless!

barwel1992
17-01-10, 02:06 AM
Thorght it was good, will get it on bluray wh3en its out

TheOnlyNemesis
17-01-10, 02:16 AM
thought it was crap

Bluefish
17-01-10, 11:25 AM
Hi peeps, do you have to go to an Imax cinema to see it in 3d?, only not been to pics in 20 years, and never to imax don't even know where one is.

maff
17-01-10, 11:31 AM
I found I developed a very bad headache, I'm not sure if that was the glasses that caused that.

Funny you should mention that. I went to see it in 3d a couple of weeks ago and then spent the next 24hours with a severe headache and sickness.

Jabba
17-01-10, 12:01 PM
Hi peeps, do you have to go to an Imax cinema to see it in 3d?

Nope! Saw it in 3d on a normal cinena screen yesterday.

Good film. Simple plot/premise and typical gung-ho American Colonel was a bit OTT, but simply stunning visually.

Walk out of the cinema with Mrs Jabba we both said the same thing..... those blue alien ladies were very beautiful, but they all had small "jubblies" :lol:

Oh, and Sigourny Weaver looked stunning given her age. Yeah, I know.... airbrushed, but nonetheless..... :-)

Grinch
17-01-10, 02:14 PM
Enjoyed the film, but I too got rather bad motion sickness, plus the 3d spec feel like those ones they use when checking your eye-site from years ago.

missyburd
11-02-10, 11:41 AM
Saw this last night in 2D, amazing film! Was quite happy watching it in 2D, only ever seen one film in 3d (at an IMAX) so not fussed about that.

I especially enjoyed all the crazy animals in there, is it sad I was piecing together what they were all "bits of" during the film? :-D

Loved it loved it loved it, definitely getting it on DVD :smt026

yorkie_chris
18-02-10, 06:51 PM
I thought it was cool. Some great imagination in it, can see why the criticism about the plot but the visuals make up for it.
~Loved the various weapons and vehicles!

dances with smurfs indeed lol :-D

allantheboss
18-02-10, 06:53 PM
Anybod know if the Bioshock movie is still going through?

allantheboss
18-02-10, 06:55 PM
It was the UBERSEX, I was front row centre, and I felt crying at the sad bits, got shivers during the cool bits, tense at the tense bits..

Bet James Cameron is chuffed!

Deffo in my top few!

Highest grossing numbers wise, but this is interesting:
http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Sid Squid
18-02-10, 08:38 PM
I thought it was disappointing.

Looking fantastic - and it clearly does - doesn't make up for it being predictable, the characters stereotypes, (the aliens are blue red indians), and the plot thin.

Does look good, no arguments there.