PDA

View Full Version : Its the end of the world!!!

Wideboy
18-12-09, 08:06 AM
according to the news last night it was going to be snow appocalyse today, im glad i put the chains on last night and packed my snow survival pack it was utter madness blasting my way thro the mutated snow men with my shot gun and fighting off the wild bears, me having to drive like a rally driver to avoid the explosions, not to menstion the 5 days stuck in the snow that i survived!!! all the time wave105 telling me to be carefull as its madness!!!

actually no.... the plan was to get up and leave 30mins early..... i couldnt be arsed and left 5 mins earlier, the traffic was so bad im at work 15 mins early.... and!!! i found out where im working today there is no snow!!

so much for the inchs of snow, i think theres barely 5mm

speedplay
18-12-09, 08:12 AM
Same here, I thought about leaving early and only made it 5 minutes after making a coffee to bring with me in the car.
Traffic was really light and got here 20 minutes early.
Bugger.

Alpinestarhero
18-12-09, 08:21 AM
mega-lulz at your OP widepants :lol:

I just got maria off to work, her car was a bit slow to crank this morning so I'm concerned about her battery but it did fire up as normal.

I'm going nowhere on my own transport for a few days!

be safe out there

EssexDave
18-12-09, 08:25 AM
My whole office is shut today by the looks of things (can't get through on the phones).

We've had quite a lot of snow here.

Rorshach
18-12-09, 08:26 AM
SV + ice on side roads after night shift = wide awake but home in one peice! hurrah

Bri w
18-12-09, 08:32 AM
Only just made it from the bedroom to my office at the back of the house. The stairs were a blur, especially the first bend. SWMBO had braved the kitchen and managed to brew a coffee.

Will I need to change out of my shorts before I go out to give blood?

CheGuevara
18-12-09, 08:39 AM
Had a couple inches here when I woke up. It's snowing heavy here now, but I don't actually mind driving in it, and as I have this I actually go looking for the deeper stuff anyhow:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/bigfastyellow2/Hilux/HiluxFront.jpg

Viney
18-12-09, 09:04 AM
My firend said that she had a good 8 inches last night. This is she is in Spain!

timwilky
18-12-09, 09:32 AM
Only a bit of snow up here, but why oh why do the councils not grit the side roads, I have had to push 3 neighbours cars to help them crest the little hill outside my house.

Last year we put grit down ourselves. first vehicle up was a road sweeper that removed the grit.

ArtyLady
18-12-09, 09:33 AM
My firend said that she had a good 8 inches last night. This is she is in Spain!

:lol:

Holdup
18-12-09, 09:56 AM

Hehehe :D

Luckypants
18-12-09, 09:58 AM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/bigfastyellow2/Hilux/HiluxFront.jpg
Needs some big knobblies on it :D

Littlepeahead
18-12-09, 10:01 AM
Few inches here but I'd already agreed with the boss to work from home. But have to get from Essex to Hammersmith later as I'm off to see Dave Grohl's new band and I'll walk there if I have to - nothing stops me seeing my beloved Dave.

metalangel
18-12-09, 10:04 AM
http://gtnixconstruction.com/images/PICT0015.JPG

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/london-sacrifices-virgins-after-centimetre-of-snow-200912162316/

CheGuevara
18-12-09, 10:04 AM
Needs some big knobblies on it :D

Tempting, but too many downsides. I don't offroad and do quite a few miles on the motorway -the noise of M/Ts would drive me nuts. These have been excellent though -nice and quiet, good in the rain and snow etc.

The IFS makes it difficult to lift the front on these as well, and without lift 31" (basically stock) is as large as you can go without rubbing.

Sally
18-12-09, 10:06 AM
What bands that?

I know he drum(s/ed) for QOTSA, not sure what else he is invloved with?

Wideboy
18-12-09, 10:10 AM
So many firms are shut round here i actually got parked right outside work, one of the places i was meant to be working today has shut because none of there workers have turned up lol...... ig really is ghey how do they think canada manages :lol:

its started snowing again, one of the blokes has said he's going home if it carys on...... some people are pethetic told him id sack him for that

Only just made it from the bedroom to my office at the back of the house. The stairs were a blur, especially the first bend. SWMBO had braved the kitchen and managed to brew a coffee.

Will I need to change out of my shorts before I go out to give blood?

lol!

EssexDave
18-12-09, 12:32 PM
Following a couple of requests here's a thread for those on the org to post pics of their new puppies.

Has the snow got to you? :confused:

Spiderman
18-12-09, 12:33 PM
:confused:

abracadabra ..... its gone :)

thedonal
18-12-09, 02:19 PM
It's the usual pre-Xmas preview- I'm sure Feb or March will bring us to a halt in the UK.

Littlepeahead
18-12-09, 03:19 PM
What bands that?

Them Crooked Vultures. Dave Grohl, Josh Homme (QOTSA) and John paul Jones (Led Zep)

Luckypants
18-12-09, 04:02 PM
Them Crooked Vultures. Dave Grohl, Josh Homme (QOTSA) and John paul Jones (Led Zep)

Just got their CD, very good

/derail

Sir Trev
18-12-09, 07:14 PM
Only a bit of snow up here, but why oh why do the councils not grit the side roads, I have had to push 3 neighbours cars to help them crest the little hill outside my house.

Last year we put grit down ourselves. first vehicle up was a road sweeper that removed the grit.

I live on a steep hill, about four houses up from the bottom. Most cars can only make it as far as us when it snows and it's hillarious watching them slip sideways as they try to turn round. Trouble is some of them come close to demolishing my garden wall so I spread a whole wheelbarrow or more of roack salt from the council box on the corner outside this afternoon which helped. Now some of my neighbours are out there clearing the road with shovels, including, you guessed it, the bit I've gritted. Numpties.