PDA

View Full Version : Boiler Issues, again!

Kinvig
19-12-09, 09:19 AM
The old boiler has packed up. Again. And this time I can't fix it.

Checking the manual for the error code diagnosis, it suggests , "Turning it off and then back on again".

Boiler Fail.

Gotta leave for a Christmas do shortly and I really need a shower & shave! Guess I'll be the smelly, unkempt man on the train, then the hobo in the corner at the party.

Goddamnit!

dirtydog
19-12-09, 09:22 AM
The old boiler has packed up. Again. And this time I can't fix it.

Checking the manual for the error code diagnosis, it suggests , "Turning it off and then back on again".

Boiler Fail.

Gotta leave for a Christmas do shortly and I really need a shower & shave! Guess I'll be the smelly, unkempt man on the train, then the hobo in the corner at the party.

Goddamnit!

You not got a hot water cylinder with immersion heater?

beabert
19-12-09, 09:23 AM
bucket and a kettle.

Kinvig
19-12-09, 09:25 AM
You not got a hot water cylinder with immersion heater?

Nope.

dirtydog
19-12-09, 09:35 AM
Nope.

Bummer!

timwilky
19-12-09, 12:01 PM
I used to think it was best of both worlds a nice 10.5kw eleccy shower and a gas boiler. until the eleccy failed last christmas for 2 days. House was freezing, couldn't get a bath or shower.

fortunately I had learned a lesson from previous failures and have a little 2.8kva genny. so at least we had light unlike the neighbours and this year we now have a gas fire that ignites from a battery pack so the lounge should be warm when the eleccy goes again.

Off to fire up the genny just to make sure it will run when needed.

Spiderman
19-12-09, 12:58 PM
bucket and a kettle.

thats the answer mate. And while the kettle boils and you use that to go off and have a shave make sure you have a couple of pans of water on the cooker getting good and hot for a mini shower, the type where you just wash all the smelliest bits with a face cloth. "Cat licks" i call it.

svdemon
19-12-09, 03:05 PM
What boiler is it and what error code is it showing?

Kinvig
20-12-09, 03:36 PM
What boiler is it and what error code is it showing?

Vokera Linea 24. Error code 01, "Failure to ignite". Bizarrely, about 30 minutes ago it has decided to work again.....for how long is anyone's guess! (Probably as soon as I get in the shower....!).