PDA

View Full Version : I hate the snow :(

BanditPat
20-12-09, 04:08 PM
Hate it so much....theres never enough to keep you off work so now i have to go but because of where i live and its supposed to snow again tonight i have to walk home at 1am because cars cant get up the hill off the main road and i doubt that the bike would get down the hill with hout me laying it on its side im a sad panda :(

Rai86
20-12-09, 04:10 PM
+1

I hate snow toooooooooooo.

take it easy mate

LK-SV
20-12-09, 04:10 PM
Bandit .... can you not chase the snow away with a big wheel wrench or something !! :-)

BanditPat
20-12-09, 04:11 PM
Bandit .... can you not chase the snow away with a big wheel wrench or something !! :-)
I tried but i started skidding and saying wheeeeee instead :D

stewie
20-12-09, 04:17 PM
Yeah me too, Im off to work in a min 20 miles of M62/M6/M58 with snow ice and roadworks, then into me truck for 12 hours, I literally cant wait..........:rendeer:

pmapp
20-12-09, 05:08 PM
If it helps any, I've got to endure a 15 min walk to the pub.

I'll get me coat.

Spiderman
20-12-09, 05:51 PM
just wrap up warm, good hat and gloves and write a few random sillynesses on peoples snowed up cars to make your journey pass more quickly pat.

Sad panda, lol.

Ploppy
20-12-09, 05:56 PM
theres nothing worse than winter and a new bike...... :( shiney new wheels and i cant even go anywhere on it. Im reduced to sitting on it and making brum brum noises lol

BanditPat
21-12-09, 01:52 AM
just wrap up warm, good hat and gloves and write a few random sillynesses on peoples snowed up cars to make your journey pass more quickly pat.

Sad panda, lol.

Couldnt even do that! there was still alot of snow where i live because its on a steep hill and nothing could get up it to clear it, all of the main roads and the sort were fine, i would have loved to have a play in the snow in the cage today as well :(

the_lone_wolf
21-12-09, 08:07 AM
We had a light dusting the first day but since then we've only had ice, and while it's fun watching the drivers play "torvill and dean" on the junction with the main road it's not exactly the winter wonderland down here...

DanAbnormal
21-12-09, 12:50 PM
Me too, I just want to ride my bike but can't until the ice goes. Boooo.

Sosha
21-12-09, 01:08 PM
meh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtlfFiAYiBI

or even...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2rQofvnYPs&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Sosha
21-12-09, 01:18 PM
then again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqHjugQDLtI&NR=1

philbut
21-12-09, 02:34 PM
i've just come back from London - we have snow here but all the main roads are fine. i did get some cool fishtailing on a round about but other than that s'not too bad really. My girlfriends road had not been gritted and was sheet ice - that was a bit of feet hanging off, set off in 2nd gear tomfoolery. But i don't have a car and I need the bike over the christmas period so I had no choice but to ride today. didn't see any bikes outside of London and there are usually loads on the M40

LK-SV
21-12-09, 03:01 PM
i've just come back from London - we have snow here but all the main roads are fine. i did get some cool fishtailing on a round about but other than that s'not too bad really. My girlfriends road had not been gritted and was sheet ice - that was a bit of feet hanging off, set off in 2nd gear tomfoolery. But i don't have a car and I need the bike over the christmas period so I had no choice but to ride today. didn't see any bikes outside of London and there are usually loads on the M40

Agreed .... very few bikes out there at the moment ... and for good reason .....

I don't buy this ....... 'I have to ride' business though ...

I sold my car back in February, just wasn't getting used, and the thought of all that depreciation just to have a flash car sat on the drive seemed nuts .... I figured that even the road tax saved (£405 a year now) would pay for a rental car for a week or two if I needed one .... and I's still up ....

Cheap rental car - £28 a day ..... trashing the SV, and breaking a leg (or worse) ...... priceless !!! :smile:

philbut
21-12-09, 03:17 PM
Agreed .... very few bikes out there at the moment ... and for good reason .....

I don't buy this ....... 'I have to ride' business though ...

I sold my car back in February, just wasn't getting used, and the thought of all that depreciation just to have a flash car sat on the drive seemed nuts .... I figured that even the road tax saved (£405 a year now) would pay for a rental car for a week or two if I needed one .... and I's still up ....

Cheap rental car - £28 a day ..... trashing the SV, and breaking a leg (or worse) ...... priceless !!! :smile:

Maybe. I wouldn't ride if I thought the main roads were bad, but as my ride back how is 99.9% A roads I can get away with it. And my bike is only worth a few hundred quid, so I'm not fussed about a low speed drop on ice. If I wkae up on Christmas morning and there is 3" of snow I'll not be riding to see my folks, but equally I think by sticking to well used A roads most journeys are OK, where the gritters have been out.

thedonal
21-12-09, 07:03 PM
I dislike the slush more. Side roads (including mine) were full of it tonight- was a ring-gripping ride from the Ewell Road to mine and even worse up the front path. I'm praying it doesn't freeze right over tonight!

Sosha
22-12-09, 12:13 PM
I dislike sitting in a car for 3 hours trying to get away from slough trading estate because people don't know how to drive.

:mad:

Edit: It was the bosses car too and the radio doesn't work.

TazDaz
22-12-09, 12:16 PM
You guys should come to Basingstoke. Last night was hillarious. Abandoned cars literally everywhere!

It was stupid though! From my office I can see one of the main dual carriageways, and we could see that both directions were stationary, yet still half my office decided it was the right time to set off home!

philbut
22-12-09, 12:19 PM
I dislike sitting in a car for 3 hours trying to get away from slough trading estate because people don't know how to drive.

:mad:

Edit: It was the bosses car too and the radio doesn't work.

soph, this is what you have the rat for!

Sosha
22-12-09, 12:40 PM
unfortunately the Rat wouldn't have coped with the 1m20 by 0.6 double pannel radiator....

And to be honest the rat aint really an appropriate vehicle.

Now a little DT on the other hand.....

:roll:

still wouldn't have coped with the 1m20 by 0.6 double pannel radiator....

:nomore:

philbut
22-12-09, 12:44 PM
Doh, good job I have no plans for house purchasing then. All my furniture would have to be pannier size!

Sosha
22-12-09, 12:47 PM
hand cart.

Ed
23-12-09, 06:29 PM
A week after everyone else, the snow has finally arrived here in Shrewsbury:smt041

I so wanted it to snow but I was about to run home. So do I run and risk going AOT or do I drive and risk going AOT?

The org's advice is requested:D

svdemon
23-12-09, 06:36 PM
Snow = handbrake turns. I'm happy!

BanditPat
24-12-09, 01:18 AM
Snow = handbrake turns. I'm happy!

+1 Wilkinsons car park in cockermouth=sheet of ice tonight :D

5hort5
24-12-09, 01:22 AM
This is where I wish my car hand a good old fashion hand brake - v unfair

darylB
24-12-09, 08:28 AM
A week after everyone else, the snow has finally arrived here in Shrewsbury:smt041

I so wanted it to snow but I was about to run home. So do I run and risk going AOT or do I drive and risk going AOT?

The org's advice is requested:D

Too late to advise but what did you decide on, if i'd known you were going to run i'd have stayed later and joined you, (in the car) to see how you got on, and would have administered first aid after you went AOT. (if i could stop laughing long enough) .

Daryl.:D

Ed
24-12-09, 08:47 AM
Hello Doctor Bromley, I ran home. It was nice running in the snow, it wasn't slippery and no first aid was required. But even if it were needed, you wouldn't have been there anyway cos you never venture out unless it's at least 20C and sunny:D

darylB
24-12-09, 09:03 AM
Hello Doctor Bromley, I ran home. It was nice running in the snow, it wasn't slippery and no first aid was required. But even if it were needed, you wouldn't have been there anyway cos you never venture out unless it's at least 20C and sunny:D

:smt022 How cruel, I,m off to feed the pony now, in my nice heated CRV with heated seats, wearing my fully lined thermal gliding suit, 2 pairs of gloves, 3 pairs of socks and lined wellies, and very warm hat. Now where can i get a heated jacket from?. Am thinking of lowering my going out threshold down to 18C to see if i can cope.;)

Daryl.

Ed
24-12-09, 12:21 PM
Leave the heating on this time[-X you don't want another burst pipe;)