PDA

View Full Version : Streaming video to xbox360

DarrenSV650S
20-12-09, 06:55 PM
Just found a great program that lets you stream most type of video files from your pc to your xbox. You can also stream live footage off the net from youtube etc. It's really handy

Don't know if you guys know about it, but I didn't so I thought I'd post it up :)

The program is called TVersity and there is a guide here

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/stream_video_xbox_360_tversity.cfmc

xXBADGERXx
20-12-09, 09:06 PM
Been using it for about 2 years now and found that it is also very clever in the way that it will also allow you to stream stuff to the 360 that Microsoft don`t actually support .

DarrenSV650S
20-12-09, 09:21 PM
Did you get yours linked to your youtube account? I'm sure it asked me something about that when I first installed it and I just skipped past it, and now I can't find it

andywilson460
20-12-09, 09:36 PM
If you use a mac you can use connect360 to stream media from your Mac. It will need to be on the same network/wifi, but works well.

xXBADGERXx
20-12-09, 09:38 PM
Yeah I did , very weird hearing your own videos in "BIG" sound through the Surround System . My exhaust swap video sounded awesome through the sub , then on the Laptop it was Ghey . If you can`t find it then maybe uninstall/install it again ?

It never offered YouTube originally but I bought a new Laptop this year and installed it again and there it was so I linked the account .

madnlooney
20-12-09, 09:41 PM
i normally just stick my films onto a portable drive and plug in via usb

xXBADGERXx
20-12-09, 09:45 PM
Thats ok if the 360 will have the codec to play the film , TVersity allows you to play stuff that isn`t supported .

the_lone_wolf
20-12-09, 09:48 PM
Thats ok if the 360 will have the codec to play the film , TVersity allows you to play stuff that isn`t supported .

Sweet find

I have almost a terabyte of films tv and music that mostly won't stream to the living room via gay ass media centre...

hindle8907
20-12-09, 09:56 PM
Yeah its a good program its not just for the xbox its for the Ps3 as well . and other deivces too ...

the_lone_wolf
20-12-09, 10:13 PM
Downloaded and working, super duper happy fun time yeah!!!

xXBADGERXx
20-12-09, 10:16 PM
Apparently Wolfy has just been seen running to his bedroom with a Toilet Roll in one hand and yelling "Yayyyyy a Terrabyte of Pronz to watch"

DarrenSV650S
20-12-09, 10:18 PM
Apparently Wolfy has just been seen running to his bedroom with a Toilet Roll in one hand and yelling "Yayyyyy a Terrabyte of Pronz to watch"
:smt044

the_lone_wolf
20-12-09, 10:21 PM

That's on "Storage Golf" and isn't on the currently shared server, comp is upstairs, 360 is in the living room:p

I had to pry my own mother off Guitar Hero to get to the XBox to test it, wouldn't have looked at all suspicious with loo roll in hand:rolleyes::p

startrek.steve
21-12-09, 09:12 AM
My Lad just browses to my Freenas server and watches all his Knightrider Videos on a live stream.
It uses Mediatomb.
Steve

DarrenSV650S
21-12-09, 10:59 PM
Right I re installed TVersity and got my youtube account set up on it, but how do I import all my youtube favourites?