PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop D220's

ChrisSV
20-03-10, 06:21 PM
Having just brought my sv650, have covered all of 400 miles.
it came with Dunlop D220's, which feel fine to me atm, as i'm still getting comfy with the bike, but i was wondering is it worth waiting fot these tyres to wear out? or replace them sooner?

I ride everyday without fail, come rain or shine, and i want a tire that can go well in the wet, cold, dry and warm, im not an overly fast rider but i do like to push on, and in the dry i do enjoy a spot of "spirited" riding, and i intend to keep this trend going on my SV as i get more and more used to the bike. my route to work consists of a few miles of country lanes, a bit of dual carriage way and then some town work.

Chris

P.S i did some searching and googling and i found mixed reviews on this tyre, non of which really answered my question though, sorry if i missed summit and im repeated a post.

fizzwheel
20-03-10, 06:25 PM
If you are finding them OK, them keep them. There are better tyres out there, but replacing them after 400 miles is IMHO just plain daft.

ChrisSV
20-03-10, 06:29 PM
I wasnt intending on changing them just yet, but in a few months (a few thousand miles), when i have the money, and such like. I just didnt want to get to that point and have hated every minute, or know im gonna hate them until they wear out or whatever, cause ive spent money on other things (im a bit of a tap when it comes to money xD)

fizzwheel
20-03-10, 06:33 PM
I just didnt want to get to that point and have hated every minute, or know im gonna hate them until they wear out or whatever

You wont, like I said IMHO they arent that bad. OK they do lack feel, grip and feedback in the wet, but I found them OK in the dry.

If you are wandering what to fit next. Then have a look here

http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138

Plenty of threads on the subject.

G
20-03-10, 06:53 PM
There really is nothing wrong with them. They may not be as good as a £250 pair of Tyres but they still do a good job.

I got 6000 miles out of mine including 2 trackdays. Never had a single moment on them with plenty of silly speed messing around knee down cornering.

ChrisSV
20-03-10, 07:09 PM
Thanks, il favourite that linky :)
i know its a bit early to be thinking about new tyres, but im a planning freak, i plan for totally everything.
thanks

Chris