PDA

View Full Version : Where is that Nemesis

Jayneflakes
21-03-10, 06:12 PM
Yesterday The Only Nemesis (Stu) popped over to see Carol and I, to have his bike sorted out a bit.

First of all it needed a basic service which is fairly easy, but it had a little issue of the throttle limiter from an old 33BHP kit.

Anyway, a quick change of corroded plugs and then a glug of fresh oil and all was well.

As for the throttle stop, it had a damaged head and in the end we had to lift the carbs to get at the screw and remove it, replacing it with a new one. Carbs were put back on and all checked out, the limiting plate was removed and the throttle now opens fully.

The poor lad then had to ride back to Bristol in pouring rain late last night.

I get a message this morning saying that the bike wont idle and sounds rough.

Any ideas what it could be folks? Sadly I have not seen or heard the bike yet, but think that maybe water or a bad connection in the HT leads?

fizzwheel
21-03-10, 06:19 PM
As you said he had to ride through rain on the way home yesterday. I'd be inclined to think he's got water into the front spark plug.

ophic
21-03-10, 06:24 PM
As you said he had to ride through rain on the way home yesterday. I'd be inclined to think he's got water into the front spark plug.
Which is often solved by a quick spray of WD40 in the drain hole.

TheOnlyNemesis
21-03-10, 07:09 PM
All sorted now, idle needed adjusting after the removal of the throttle stop. Stretchie and Squirrel Hunter fixed it not me but i did remove the seat cause i awesome.

Jayneflakes
21-03-10, 08:17 PM
All sorted now, idle needed adjusting after the removal of the throttle stop. Stretchie and Squirrel Hunter fixed it not me but i did remove the seat cause i awesome.

Glad that you got it sorted, I was not looking forwards to that ride on my battered CG125. I would have come though if you had needed it, because you are a good bloke. :D

I think that you need a Haynes manual though. I used to read mine when I first got my SV, not that I understood any of it, but I love my bike. As you saw. :laughat:

Let us know how you get on with that new throttle stop position. :smt091