PDA

View Full Version : Cam Chain Tensioner

hardhat_harry
21-03-10, 11:43 PM
Got a 2000 Curvy 650 and it looks like my CCT is goosed. It was making the tappity tappity sound (same sound as on youtube) took the tensioner out and the spring seems quite weak. Wound it back in and refitted was ok for a couple of seconds but noise came back. Refitted again but rocked the rear wheel once in and tensioned more. The noise went away for a few mins but now its back louded than ever.

I have read a few posts on the forum, am I right in thinking the K3 is the one to fit to a curvy with all the mods done to it?

5hort5
21-03-10, 11:47 PM
Yer from what I have read the K3 is a direct fit and I will be fitting one in the front myself as I have the same problem. Also look for Neeja's recent post about .... can't remember ... hang on ... this one ...

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=147194

hardhat_harry
21-03-10, 11:51 PM
Yes I read that but it was the CCT Blades that caused the issue. I'm at Anglesey International at the weekend so I cant risk it. I hope it doesnt cost the earth like most Suzuki parts.

5hort5
21-03-10, 11:55 PM
Yer I refitted mine and i get it every now and again, I've done about 300m miles since but it's been easy riding compared to a track. Quest is sending me a K3 CCT so I can put it in the front, mines not bad but I can hear it so it's going to get changed. CTT's are a 50/50 aren't they, I'm a risk averse person, if it was me I'd swap it for a k3 rather than the engine detonate but others would take the 50/50 and go for it.

5hort5
21-03-10, 11:59 PM
If you have time follow what Neeja said and if when you let go of the spring it doesn't really touch or push back forget Anglesey. If it does push back then I'm sure you can get a curvy CCT - I have a couple in my garage but a K3 option is better I reckon.

hardhat_harry
22-03-10, 12:00 AM
Is there anywhere that does Cheap Suzuki parts, when I previously had a Suzuki, some years ago now Slingers did discount parts but they are now Kawasaki?