PDA

View Full Version : Cutting out and poor running.

Amanda
22-03-10, 04:25 PM
Deleted

sunshine
22-03-10, 04:30 PM
you dont get this problem with a curvy they run all the time.

sunshine
22-03-10, 04:36 PM
wet plug sounds like your problem today test it in the dry.

tigersaw
22-03-10, 04:45 PM
suck eggs time maybe but: Are the plugs good, are the HT leads and plug caps good?

tigersaw
22-03-10, 04:52 PM
Well my petrol light would change its mind occasionally, but not on/off/on/off etc. maybe you were shifting the fuel around a lot from a lot of stop start riding?
Take it you have a fender extender?

tigersaw
22-03-10, 04:58 PM
Should have been the first thing you bought. Go make one now blue peter style with washing up bottle and duck tape.

Sally
22-03-10, 05:02 PM
Moist is a great word.
;)

Thats all really, apart from try a fender extender first and take it from there.

Red Herring
22-03-10, 05:47 PM
Have you checked the drain hole for the front cylinder? Sometimes it gets blocked up.

sunshine
22-03-10, 06:14 PM
just wait til a ducati rider sees this and tells you to buy something more reliable!!!

i think its just you, your abusing your SV, look after her

maviczap
22-03-10, 06:33 PM
No fenda extenda - that's complete Sv numptyness. curvy or pointy :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But seriously, like RH said check the drain hole is clear and smear a little vasaline under the sealing grommet of the plug cap as well. It'll make the seal around the plug hole better.

But for goodness sake get a FENDA EXTENDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all :p

Wideboy
22-03-10, 06:47 PM
tut if i'd have known you didn't have one I'd have sold you one just sold it on

anyone doesn't the crap-flap on pointys eliminate the need for fender extender?

fizzwheel
22-03-10, 07:31 PM
anyone doesn't the crap-flap on pointys eliminate the need for fender extender?

No it doesnt. Liz has had the water in the front plug of her K5 a couple of times.

dizzyblonde
22-03-10, 10:36 PM
side of front cylinder head, right hand side as you sit on bike....theres a little hole. Give it a gentle poke with something, then squirt it with WD40. Think you can get the red straw in it IIRC.

And I MEAN GENTLE.

HTH

Milky Bar Kid
22-03-10, 10:38 PM
Moist is a great word.
;)

Thats all really, apart from try a fender extender first and take it from there.

Teehee...word Moist and "gentle poke" in the same thread..!

[/derail]

dizzyblonde
22-03-10, 10:43 PM
Thats the one.

Are you sure both of your coils are ok, and both HT leads? It was the rear coil that went on mine, that started the great electrics debate for her...grrrrr.
Oh and if your electrics are same principal as a curvy, take the left fairing panel off and check the great big choccie block with all the wires, hanging off the headlights. If its the same as the curvy there should be a red wire in there, check the block for green corrosion and get it cleaned up, the terminals do come out, if you are GENTLE.
I had a very similar issue at one point with the same bike, would go down a carpark and completely lose power then come back. Eventually it started blowing main fuses too. It was the red wire that was green, that feed goes to the battery, and clocks. When it was waggled about before cleaning, the rev counter bounced up and down all over the place, and all the the lights on the dash were on and off. Cleaned and all year I've had no trouble

Milky Bar Kid
22-03-10, 10:50 PM
Soweee.... :(