PDA

View Full Version : Low engine speed hesitation.

jacksuzukisv650
22-03-10, 06:33 PM
this morning i rode my sv k6 to work and i noticted that it was hesistating under 4000rpm and then once it cleared it reved up like a gooden my trip is about 6 miles all round town it was very jerky ..but then i rode it home and it was perfect ,, last week i put in 95.petrol i normally put 97 would it do that .. but i had a sevice and stuf 800 miles ago ..

jacksuzukisv650
22-03-10, 06:54 PM
pleaseee!! lol

rictus01
22-03-10, 07:01 PM
well nothing like precise detailed symptoms to help a diagnosis is there.....:smt082

I'll presume you mean a pickup problem of some sort that is intermittent? but without further information the spectrum of causes is somewhat wide, and "service and stuff" is open to interpretation, so perhaps a list of what was done would eliminate some of the possible causes.

However on the basis it's an SV, have you looked at the known issues yet ?
(front plug and alike) but the basics are fuel (delivery not type) or spark; so a check on both of those systems would be prudent,Oh and the SV will run perfectly well on normal unleaded.

Cheers Mark.

jacksuzukisv650
22-03-10, 07:27 PM
it was dry when it started i had the tps sensor last time it done it aswell..

rictus01
22-03-10, 07:54 PM
OK let me give you a "for instance", haven't cleared the front plug drain hole, it fills with water whilst out in the rain but continues to run fine, you stop.

Next day (when it's dry) after the plug has sat in water all night it runs rough and only overcomes the water problems with significant revs.

complete imformation makes it more likely to get to the sourse of the problem, so what did you have done to the tps, adjusted or replaced and why was it done, had you been out in the rain prior to this problem coming on, has it happened before, did it come on gradually or without warning ?

What have you actually checked so far yourself ?

Cheers Mark.

jacksuzukisv650
22-03-10, 08:05 PM
its was adjusted last time because it was stalling and splutering i dont ride in the rain at all it lives in a garage :-) it came with out warning i havnt realy checked anything ..

jacksuzukisv650
22-03-10, 08:05 PM
chheerrs

rictus01
22-03-10, 08:18 PM
OK so if you rule out weather and water, you're looking for an electrical break down, before checking anything else, first go over the cut outs and make sure they aren't causing the issue (kill switch/sidestand switch/ clutch cut out), check the coil feeds and wiring to them for supply & resistance, then the HT leads and plugs for a start off, also check the electrical connection blocks as they have a tendency to corrode.

follow that up by checking for air leaks and the condition of the hoses, balance the throttle bodies and check all mechanical controls (throttle cables).

If after doing those basic checks, the problem still persists It's probably beyond you to diagnose, so get someone more knowledgable to actually look at it for you.

Cheers Mark.

jacksuzukisv650
22-03-10, 09:43 PM
to be honest that sounds way to complicated to me lol cheers for your help i will throw it in suzuki aye gee..i will let u no the out come cheers for your help

rictus01
22-03-10, 10:02 PM
nothing really complicated there, do you not have a multi meter? but the actual visual checking of wires, connectors and hoses isn't brain surgery, it could be something as simply as a loose connection or split hoses, it's probably about 3 hours work, ut nothing to stop you doing bits at different times.

I don't think we've met, but do you not know any of the selkent lot? most are capable of doing it, you never know ask nicely and a local might be willing to pop round or you to them?

Cheers Mark.

jacksuzukisv650
22-03-10, 10:07 PM
nar we havent met okay mate thansk for your help i dont like asking for favours really .. i will have a look at the connections and that now .. cheers

rictus01
22-03-10, 10:42 PM
well I never like seeing anyone waste good petrol money needlessly.....:D

barwel1992
23-03-10, 01:04 AM
i would bet its the TPS (throtle postion sensor) suzuki set it very high as standard, you can adjust this but its a bit of a pain in the a**

i can find the thread at the moment on how to do the mod, but if i do i will post it up

joshmac
23-03-10, 03:58 AM
The post says it's been adjusted recently

jacksuzukisv650
23-03-10, 07:00 PM
ive been rode it today it was fine ..maybe it was a damp morning i dont no lol going to use it alll week see if it plays up ..

barwel1992
23-03-10, 07:11 PM
The post says it's been adjusted recently

must have been blined when i read it :?

Alpinestarhero
23-03-10, 08:52 PM
Does seem odd this; I would have the TPS checked again, and also the throttle body synchronisation checked (make sure the same vacum is being generated by each cylinder so to speak)

Could be you have some cruddy fuel, it happens...I've had bad fuel before and its done a similar thing.

I can recommend spannerman (PM him) if you want your bike checked over if it keeps occuring :)