PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase a new engine? Warranty?

Rephilloution
22-03-10, 07:23 PM
Hi
My K3 Silver Fully Faired SV650 needs a new engine as the last one is knackered. Heard back from the garage today that it needs a new engine as there are metal bits in the sump and very low compression from either cylinder. There was talk that the crank arm may have snapped due to running on low oil (It wasn't me!!)
Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for a second hand engine with a warrenty? I have looked at a few breakers and on ebay but can't find anything decent.

Or does anyone want a perfect project bike? ;) I'm just looking for options at the moment so any help or offers would be great.

I don't really want to break the bike as i don't have the space or time to do so...

yorkie_chris
22-03-10, 07:26 PM
second hand engine with a warrenty?

Good luck TBH. Most breakers will give a very limited warranty. If it starts up and sounds alright with the new engine that's your warranty purpose fulfilled!

fastdruid
22-03-10, 08:23 PM
And bear in mind that breakers will happily sell you an engine that is knackered then refund you when you return it as knackered. After you've either spent a fortune (in cash or time) fitting it, plus shipping etc etc.

They'll also not bother to get the model right. Thankfully the SV is straight forwards but if the 400 was more popular I'd expect to see them sold as 650's by the lying scum.

Druid

sweepdoggydog
22-03-10, 10:41 PM
If you do want to sell it pm me.

Cheers

Will