PDA

View Full Version : Tip Over Sensor Location?

robstark
23-03-10, 09:12 AM
Hi

I have a 2005 SV650S after a recent strip down and rebuild I am getting a c23 error - tip over sensor, which I obviosly havent fitted proprerly. I understand this fits on one othe plastic blades near the battery box, I had a glance around last night but could not see it, does anyone have a photo which could help us?

Many Thanks
Rob

flymo
23-03-10, 09:23 AM
Its a small black rectangle about the size of a 9v battery that sits snug in the area just in front of the main bike battery. It has an up arrow which must face err....up.

Here you go....

The bike battery is to the far left, the front of the bike to the far right. This sits just under the rear of the fuel tank mounting in front of the battery.

boredus
23-03-10, 05:32 PM
did the same thing Rob when I stripped mine down to spray the subframe. As FLymo says it is in front of the battery, I managed to get my hand in and twist it 180 in the housing.

-Ralph-
23-03-10, 05:35 PM
I cut away the front of my battery box to fit a ZX10R rear shock last week and ended up with the same problem after not realising what it was. Turns out it needs to be the rightway up, and mounted across the bike not longitudinally, so I made a new bracket for it. Don't leave it wigging about anywhere or you may have problems with the bike cutting out, and the bike cutting out mid corner could be :shock: