PDA

View Full Version : Acumen DG8 Gear Indicator

pce13
23-03-10, 03:23 PM
HI.
I tried to fit my Acumen DG8 Gear Indicator and im having trouble with it, has anyone here fitted one to there sv650s and can tell me which wires to connect to?
i downloaded from acumen site but its not that great to be honest, i think im having trouble with the tacho sensor wire as i have Earth, Live, Neutral and think
i have the pink speedo wire sorted but having trouble locating the correct green wire for the tacho can anyone help me

ThankYou

mattb200
23-03-10, 09:34 PM
got one of these myself - if you can afford it get the wiring harness to go with it, makes it really simple.

pce13
24-03-10, 12:57 PM
I think the harness is only available for the 03 onwards model;
im having trouble getting the tacho wire also when programming it the number 1 just flashes and doesnt change to the three flashing lines

pce13
24-03-10, 04:39 PM
I have managed to sort it now so here's the wiring in case any one else wants to know...

DG8 - SV650S - Location

Red - Orange/Green - Behind clocks right hand side
Green - Blue/Black - Behind clocks left hand side
Orange - Pink- Behind clocks left hand side
Brown - Green - Black plug right hand side hidden underneath rear plastics
Black - Black/White - Side light connector

markc123
26-03-10, 02:14 PM
What do you think of it so far? Use it much?

I miss the read out I had on the 125 and have been looking at getting one for my curvy... Rather nice of you to publish the wiring info :-)

MadGaz
26-03-10, 05:36 PM
Can you post a picture of what it looks like?? Tempted to get one myself

pce13
26-03-10, 08:26 PM
Gear Indicator is great, stops me going for an imaginary 7th gear, i find myself staring at it while riding though lol
i will post a picture of it tomorrow when it light, i stuck it to the screen above the rev counter

I emailed Acumen reguarding a loom for my 2000 SV650S and got the following reply:

Hi Paul
No, sorry we don’t do a loom for that bike. We’ve seen problems with the early SV’s and would recommend a speedo upgrade kit for the bike anyway.
I’ll do you a deal on it as you already have the DG8 – Half price. Let me know if that is acceptable and I’ll set you up a discount code for a web purchase.