PDA

View Full Version : AR10 - Wanted & Available

Pages : [1] 2

gruntygiggles
26-03-10, 09:43 PM
Right guys 'n' gals, it's getting to that time of the year now when myself and other AR10 peeps will be sorting out finer details and such.

On that note, this is a thread solely for people to advertise a spare room or two in their tent that other .orgers can sleep in; space in a car boot to take another .orgers camping equipment for them. It's also a place to ask if you need these things, to find a sharer for a room in the hotel if you need to etc.

So, please keep chat to an absolute minimum and keep it about the "wanted" or "available" post and subsequent replies please or I'll use and abuse my temporary modding powers.....and enjoy it ;).

Shellywoozle
26-03-10, 10:35 PM
AVAILABLE

Technically this is not for at the AR, but if those down south are travelling up and want a stop over the night before I have a spare room and floor space .... anyone is welcome to use me as a half way point.

Live in Staffs right next to M6 jct 14 .... probably of no use to anyone but offer there.

gruntygiggles
26-03-10, 10:36 PM
That's a fab offer Shell :-)

phil24_7
26-03-10, 11:05 PM
Space in my van for peoples gear, will travel up from Plymouth along A38/M5.

Milky Bar Kid
27-03-10, 05:40 AM
I should have some boot space as I am taking car down so any of the Ecosse lot who wanna utilise it, feel free.

Messie
28-03-10, 09:59 AM
I've still got a box full of bespoke sv650.org pucks, so no-one needs to worry about their bike sinking in the field

gruntygiggles
28-03-10, 12:31 PM
Sounds good Messie! Any idea how many? There is a very big hardstanding at the venue as well and it's only going to be us lot there, so bikes can also be safely parked on that!

Messie
29-03-10, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=gruntygiggles;2226523]Sounds good Messie! Any idea how many? QUOTE]

Errr dunno! Lots?
I'll go down into the cellar tonight and have a count

Luckypants
29-03-10, 11:25 AM
AVAILABLE

Same as Shelly, I have room for anyone travelling from the North who might want to take a break travelling South. It's about 2 hours from here by the scenic (aka. fun!) route to the AR site. I'll be travelling down Friday evening, so offer is for Thursday night really I guess or a break for food / tea /rest before heading down with us.

I'm very near Ruthin.

gruntygiggles
29-03-10, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=gruntygiggles;2226523]Sounds good Messie! Any idea how many? QUOTE]

Errr dunno! Lots?
I'll go down into the cellar tonight and have a count

:smt026 thank you hun xxx

plowsie
29-03-10, 11:58 AM
Available for lift from East Anglia area, unless my circumstances change, the Mercedes motorcycle will be going to the AR so I have room for 2 pillions.

Available possibly, spare tent in my garage. I will know for deffo when I go and have a look for my camping gear.

Messie
29-03-10, 03:57 PM
130 :p:p:p

gruntygiggles
29-03-10, 04:11 PM
Wow.....that's loads Messie. That would ba a fab help if you could bring them or arrange for them to be there.

Thank you muchly :-)

Messie
29-03-10, 04:37 PM
I might post them to you nearer the time. Might weigh the bike down a bit

gruntygiggles
29-03-10, 05:54 PM
Haha.....that was what the "or arrange for them to be there" was for...lol.

If you did send them to me in advance hun, I'd give you the postage money xxx

Messie
29-03-10, 08:40 PM
Hey no worries x

Quiff Wichard
30-05-10, 09:53 AM
Wanted.

someone nearby who goin in car to take me n mand a tesco value duvet and 2 value 2 pillows - so we comfy in the tent

.. can paypal ya the dosh or give it to you on the day .. only about a tenner I think for the whole thing.

Drew Carey
30-05-10, 10:38 AM
Wanted.

someone nearby who goin in car to take me n mand a tesco value duvet and 2 value 2 pillows - so we comfy in the tent

.. can paypal ya the dosh or give it to you on the day .. only about a tenner I think for the whole thing.

Consider it done. You can give me or Lily the dosh on th day.

phil24_7
31-05-10, 08:48 PM
Or I could just lend you your last lot back for free?

xXBADGERXx
02-06-10, 06:25 PM
Badgers Sett - a Stop off point in North Wales , Now that I`m freshly single again I think I am going to attend this little shebang , not decided totally yet as to what day I am heading down there , might even sort something out with Luckypants route wise and datewise if he doesn`t mind .... but anyhoo , there is floor space here , runnign Water , and a Dog that likes visitors (damn , now I need to arrange for Dog Sitters)

gruntygiggles
02-06-10, 06:47 PM
Badgers Sett - a Stop off point in North Wales , Now that I`m freshly single again I think I am going to attend this little shebang , not decided totally yet as to what day I am heading down there , might even sort something out with Luckypants route wise and datewise if he doesn`t mind .... but anyhoo , there is floor space here , runnign Water , and a Dog that likes visitors (damn , now I need to arrange for Dog Sitters)

Yay...please do come...please :-)

mattSV
02-06-10, 07:38 PM
might even sort something out with Luckypants route wise and datewise

I am sure he will be very flattered but I think he already has a date :p

Quiff Wichard
08-06-10, 07:39 AM
Consider it done. You can give me or Lily the dosh on th day.

cheers Drew ... fanku

phil24_7
08-06-10, 08:42 PM
So your old ones not good enough? They haven't been used since porlock!

Quiff Wichard
09-06-10, 07:58 AM
So your old ones not good enough? They haven't been used since porlock!

Phil I thought you were jokin!

I know it's rare with your sense of humour failure.. :D but if you still have them bring them please it will save me a tenner and get you a beer..

Drew- cheers for the initial help.. anyway it seems you will be busy solving the global financial crisis and poor Lily would have had to go shopping..

me send u a reminder nearer the time phil

cheers all

lily
09-06-10, 08:03 AM
Phil I thought you were jokin!

I know it's rare with your sense of humour failure.. :D but if you still have them bring them please it will save me a tenner and get you a beer..

Drew- cheers for the initial help.. anyway it seems you will be busy solving the global financial crisis and poor Lily would have had to go shopping..

me send u a reminder nearer the time phil

cheers all

not a problem Quiff

Drew had already told me I was getting them, put take them of my long list of things which is building thanks to him buggering off! ;)

krazykim
16-06-10, 08:15 PM
Wanted: one careful rider with spare pillion seat for the rideout only.

Available: one female (real, not blow up) for the rideout. I can warm you up if it's cold. I carry beer money also. I have been programmed to offer petrol money too which unfortunately for any future owners meant that all the space was used up in my memory for where the cooking, ironing and cleaning was supposed to go. Sorry about that.

Red Herring
17-06-10, 03:36 AM
I can't put this delicately so i won't try.... The one vital piece of information needed to really swing an undecided on this one is how heavy you are...? It's one thing to offer up a pillion to an 8 stone waif but another entirely to saddle your SV with 16 stone of wheelie inducing baggage..... Sorry.

phil24_7
17-06-10, 06:42 AM
Whiff - you got it

Red - if that's her in the pic, I'd guess 8.5 if they're fake and 9 if they're real!

What's that Kate?...I didn't say nuffin!

Quiff Wichard
17-06-10, 07:26 AM
KrazyKim is waif like.. and an experienced biker and pillion so no problems.. but .. knowing her.. she can speak for herself..

if I didnt have Mand I would have her..

as a pilion

gruntygiggles
17-06-10, 09:28 AM
Yep....all you'll be annoyed about if you take Kim pillion is that she's behind you all the time so you won't be able to ogle her....lol.

But if you're at the front of the ride.....everyone else will love you ;-)

Bear
17-06-10, 09:39 AM

Available: one female (real, not blow up) for the rideout. I can warm you up if it's cold. I carry beer money also. I have been programmed to offer petrol money too which unfortunately for any future owners meant that all the space was used up in my memory for where the cooking, ironing and cleaning was supposed to go. Sorry about that.

Available: One bear for the wrapping of a Kim around, in any way she sees fit...

krazykim
21-06-10, 01:40 PM
Hey guys. I'm a deceptive 10 & 1/2 stone. I'm 5'9". thanks for the 8.5 compliment - although i'd look very ill if i was that light!!!!! Oh, and the're real. Lol quiffy - big hugs!!!!!
Bear - grrrrrowl! :-)

Quiff Wichard
21-06-10, 02:06 PM
ta for the hugs..

hope u get a ride

Supervox
21-06-10, 03:39 PM

Kim - you're welcome to hop on the back of the GS if you like ?

krazykim
26-06-10, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the offer supervox. You're a star. I'll bring my gear and see you there!!!

Supervox
26-06-10, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the offer supervox. You're a star. I'll bring my gear and see you there!!!

Pillion seat booked then !! :cool:

plowsie
26-06-10, 10:05 AM
Wanted...

Female, blonde, 18-25, supple, ready to be shown a good time by 21 year old carryIng a little round the edges.

Accomodation need not be worried about.

Milky Bar Kid
26-06-10, 01:35 PM
Wanted...

Female, blonde, 18-25, supple, ready to be shown a good time by 21 year old carryIng a little round the edges.

You only have to ask.....!!;)

(And I don't really look like my avatar!! HAHA)

chris8886
28-06-10, 10:34 AM
Wanted...

what an advert. i need to learn some smooth talking from you stu ;)

plowsie
28-06-10, 10:45 AM
what an advert. i need to learn some smooth talking from you stu ;)
Mate, you need to come out up in Ntown, you've never heard better chat up lines than the ones from one of my good mates lol.

A taster...(He is my manager for my Sunday football team also.)

Him - 'You play football? Really? What position?'
Tasty Blonde who does actually play football - 'Left Mid...'
Him - 'Give us your number I'll call you next week to sign you on'.

Sorry for the derails peeps, my chat up lines are much better...

Electro
28-06-10, 07:16 PM
AVAILABLE

Same as Shelly, I have room for anyone travelling from the North who might want to take a break travelling South. It's about 2 hours from here by the scenic (aka. fun!) route to the AR site. I'll be travelling down Friday evening, so offer is for Thursday night really I guess or a break for food / tea /rest before heading down with us.

I'm very near Ruthin.

I`d love to trek down with u LP, as long as i can keep up lol

Electro
03-07-10, 02:54 PM
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-atom-3-3-berth-tent-p108006#descTabSect1

This tent is £25 on the website or store on the week starting monday 12th July if anyone is looking for a cheapy :)

Kilted Ginger
04-07-10, 11:19 PM
Wanted, space / seat in any support type vehicle doing the rideout on the Sat.
Due to other commitments I looks as though the earliest i can leave is midnight friday, so 350 miles and 7 or 8 hours later i should arrive at the site. I have decided not to ride on the sat as i'll be done in. I would however like to do the route so if there is any support type vehicle going i'd like to squeeze in. Happy to offer what limited mech knowledge i have.

Luckypants
05-07-10, 10:56 AM
I`d love to trek down with u LP, as long as i can keep up lol
Will post a thread in the BP for a ride down.

Messie
06-07-10, 07:02 AM
Are there T shirts planned for this wonderful event?

YES :-)

Thread to be up very soon!

blue curvy jester
07-07-10, 09:10 AM
a big alarm clock so i can get up in time to join up in ABER if i don't get back from hols in time to pitch up on the friday night

Messie
07-07-10, 09:38 AM
Are there T shirts planned for this wonderful event?

YES :-)

Thread to be up very soon!

Yay!! I missed the edit yesterday :smt008

gruntygiggles
07-07-10, 11:14 AM
Haha...it appears I hit the "edit" instead of quoting you...lol.

Anyway, in case anyone missed it, yes there will be t-shirts and a surprise and there will be a thread starting tonight.

All I have to say at the moment is that Lily and myself have been lucky enough to see the designs and they are looking amazing! :-)

RichT
07-07-10, 11:17 AM
Coolio - Looking forward to hearing more details.

lily
07-07-10, 11:26 AM
Haha...it appears I hit the "edit" instead of quoting you...lol.

Anyway, in case anyone missed it, yes there will be t-shirts and a surprise and there will be a thread starting tonight.

All I have to say at the moment is that Lily and myself have been lucky enough to see the designs and they are looking amazing! :-)

:smt040 they are fab!

and I'm so happy about them

staceylew01
09-07-10, 12:04 PM
Wanted - Female room mate to share a twin room, as i cant plug my straightners into a tent!!!

MR UKI (1)
09-07-10, 08:37 PM
Wanted - Female room mate to share a twin room, as i cant plug my straightners into a tent!!!

Quiff Wichard has a penchant for hair straighteners.

petevtwin650
09-07-10, 09:18 PM

Stig & Foxy - Friday & Saturday night. :cool:
Mr & Mrs Wilky - Friday & Saturday night.
Luckypants & Speedy Claire - Friday & Saturday night
Supervox - Friday & Saturday night
Messie (yup, just me) -Friday and saturday
Tel & Mrs Tel - Friday and Saturday night
phil24_7 & Kate Moss - Thursday, Friday and Saturday (edited for you Phil....I'll PM as to why ;-) )

Might be worth PMing Messie and seeing if she has a spare bed, Stacey.

Messie
10-07-10, 01:48 PM
Mmm not a good idea. I snore and some of the poor young things might still be wimpering!

staceylew01
10-07-10, 07:38 PM
Quiff Wichard has a penchant for hair straighteners.
I know im blonde but what is a penchant?

staceylew01
10-07-10, 07:38 PM
Mmm not a good idea. I snore and some of the poor young things might still be wimpering!
Well if you change your mind let me know. :)

xXBADGERXx
10-07-10, 07:39 PM
I know im blonde but what is a penchant?

A "liking" for

I had to resist saying it was a chain and the pendant on the end would be some hair straighteners that quiff carried around with him all the time .

Stu
10-07-10, 07:43 PM
I'm gay, will that do?

Honest ;)

staceylew01
10-07-10, 07:44 PM
Oh ok, clears that one up thanks. :D

staceylew01
10-07-10, 07:48 PM
I'm gay, will that do?

Honest ;)

Yea sure, and we can have a pillow fight and everything! [-X

Stu
10-07-10, 07:50 PM
Yea sure, and we can have a pillow fight and everything!Don't forget your PJ's ;)

[-X
:BooHiss:

;)

xXBADGERXx
10-07-10, 07:56 PM
:Whisper Mode On: Stu ...... if I give you a camera ?

staceylew01
10-07-10, 08:04 PM
:shock:

xXBADGERXx
10-07-10, 08:07 PM
I was whispering

staceylew01
10-07-10, 08:10 PM
obviously not quiet enough!!:-$

Noble Ox
15-07-10, 11:11 AM
WANTED: A space in a tent to sleep in?

Thinking of coming.

Male
Tall
AR virgin
I don't snore!
or smell (dependant on previous nights dindins).

Basically I'm a loner, and need persuading. If I found a tent to sleep in, it would seriously sway in favour of me coming.

Ta much, Aran

chris8886
15-07-10, 11:28 AM
WANTED: A tent to sleep in?

Thinking of coming.

Male
Tall
AR virgin
I don't snore!
or smell (dependant on previous nights dindins).

Basically I'm a loner, and need persuading. If I found a tent to sleep in, it would seriously sway in favour of me coming.

Ta much, Aran

talk to messie, she likes em young :p;) (i am soooooo dead for that!). or bear, he's a friendly chap happy to accomodate anyone.

seriously though, just get yourself a tent bring it along and pitch it, you'll have a quality weekend.

gruntygiggles
15-07-10, 11:37 AM
Here ya go Aran...

http://www.millets.co.uk/camping/tents/1-2-person-tents/product/094090.html

:-)

Noble Ox
15-07-10, 11:42 AM
Sorry guys, I didnt mean I was looking to buy a tent. Just a space to sleep in one of you lovely bunch's tents!

gruntygiggles
15-07-10, 11:50 AM
I know, I just posted the link in case you can't find room in anyone elses. Most people that go alone have a small one or two man tent, but a two man tent you'd only really want to share with an attractive member of the opposite sex.

Might just be easier to buy your own. :-)

Messie
15-07-10, 12:16 PM
talk to messie, she likes em young :p;) (i am soooooo dead for that!). or bear, he's a friendly chap happy to accomodate anyone.

seriously though, just get yourself a tent bring it along and pitch it, you'll have a quality weekend.

run, boy, run!!!

I know, I just posted the link in case you can't find room in anyone elses. Most people that go alone have a small one or two man tent, but a two man tent you'd only really want to share with an attractive member of the opposite sex.

Might just be easier to buy your own. :-)

I'll be posting that box of pucks to you this week end GG

plowsie
15-07-10, 12:19 PM
talk to messie, she likes em young :p;)

Stu Plows likes this...

Oh wait, we aren't on Facebook now :(

Noble Ox
15-07-10, 12:19 PM
Ahh, would a photo help my cause then?

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Sports/images-3/David-Beckham.jpg

gruntygiggles
15-07-10, 12:26 PM
run, boy, run!!!

I'll be posting that box of pucks to you this week end GG

Woo and YAY...thanks Sally :-)

Milky Bar Kid
15-07-10, 12:26 PM
Lol! If you look like that then you can share with me in my room in GG's tent!! HAHAHAHAHAH!

gruntygiggles
15-07-10, 12:28 PM
Lol! If you look like that then you can share with me in my room in GG's tent!! HAHAHAHAHAH!

Well, it is a double room....bigger than a two man tent...lol

_Stretchie_
15-07-10, 12:32 PM
Well, it is a double room....bigger than a two man tent...lol

And there's enough room to actually stand up, it's great although no chandalier to swing from

;)

Milky Bar Kid
15-07-10, 12:34 PM
LOL! Very funny! BTW, is this tent you have a bloody mansion??

gruntygiggles
15-07-10, 12:36 PM
Pretty much yeah!

_Stretchie_
15-07-10, 12:49 PM
LOL! Very funny! BTW, is this tent you have a bloody mansion??

Well, if the door was bigger I think we might be able to get the Disco in it

This is nearly half of it

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j11/Stretchie_/ARs/AR09/6015_114245769134_621884134_2408305.jpg

Infact, this is not ours, but exactly the same (ok, so ours is green but that's the only difference)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j11/Stretchie_/Stuff%20for%20posting/tent.jpg

Milky Bar Kid
15-07-10, 01:24 PM
My Stretchie....what a big one you have...

I MEANT TENT! ;)

_Stretchie_
15-07-10, 01:28 PM
My Stretchie....what a big one you have...

:oops:

Nic, I'm getting all embarrassed

I MEANT TENT! ;)

Of course you did
;)

Shellywoozle
15-07-10, 08:10 PM
Stretchie is that a Gelert Horizon 6 or 8 or similar? I am looking at buying one of these for the AR - any good?

Electro
15-07-10, 08:15 PM
And there's enough room to actually stand up

;)
I dont think standing up is on the agenda ;)

Milky Bar Kid
15-07-10, 08:26 PM
I dont think standing up is on the agenda ;)

Depends if he really does look like Becks...!!:smt110

Electro
15-07-10, 08:30 PM
Daniel Craig any good haha?

Milky Bar Kid
15-07-10, 08:30 PM
Hmmm, may be a tad old......lol

chris8886
16-07-10, 08:51 AM
Hmmm, may be a tad old......lol

you're so bloody fussy aren't you!! ;)

plowsie
16-07-10, 08:57 AM
you're so bloody fussy aren't you!! ;)
Women for ya ;)

_Stretchie_
16-07-10, 09:05 AM
Stretchie is that a Gelert Horizon 6 or 8 or similar? I am looking at buying one of these for the AR - any good?

Coleman Weathermaster I believe, came with two double rooms, each room holds a double matress with room around the side to put stuff and we bought a larger bedroom for the inside as we had Viper staying in our tent last years AR.

So me and Grunty have LOADS of room but can have the dogs in the same part as us so we can keep an eye on them.

Very good, apparently one person can throw it up in about 20-30 mins and I would LOVE someone to teach me how. It has steel poles as it's supposed to be storm proof.

Fantastic tent though

gruntygiggles
16-07-10, 09:09 AM
It really is fab. We have a box of light and everything! ;-)

Nah, really, Like Dan says, it come with two double rooms (way bigger than a two man tent an dyou can stand up in them) then we got the big bedroom for us and you could sleep 4-5 in there, but we use it for us and the dogs as has been said. The best thing is, it still leaves us with the communal space in the middle which is big enough for our camping table and chairs and a few extra chairs. There's also storage space between and behind the bedrooms :-)

Supervox
16-07-10, 09:39 AM

It looks very much like the one Mrs Vox bought for AR09 - they're excellent !!

We had the two of us + the twins (4yrs old) and all their toys, all my bike gear and still had plenty of room to have a picnic table permanently set up & be able to move around :cool:

One thing you might want to consider if it's available is the 'porch' that zips to the 'front door' - it just means that wet gear (this is an AR we're talking about after all !!) can just be dumped there for putting back on later without having to cart it inside and getting everything else wet.

Messie
16-07-10, 09:45 AM
Daniel Craig any good haha?

Fine by me :smt049=P~:smt007:smt054

chris8886
16-07-10, 12:43 PM
It looks very much like the one Mrs Vox bought for AR09 - they're excellent !!

We had the two of us + the twins (4yrs old) and all their toys, all my bike gear and still had plenty of room to have a picnic table permanently set up & be able to move around :cool:

One thing you might want to consider if it's available is the 'porch' that zips to the 'front door' - it just means that wet gear (this is an AR we're talking about after all !!) can just be dumped there for putting back on later without having to cart it inside and getting everything else wet.

will you stop this talk mr vox, you know very well that it'll be bright and sunny all weekend. our welsh mate in the sky is seeing to that!

Electro
16-07-10, 10:38 PM
Anyone in a car fancy transporting some beer down to the AR for me? 10 cans of Becks Vier are £7 at Tesco`s. Will pay on collection or however you require :)

Cheers, Phil.

tinpants
17-07-10, 11:11 PM
Anyone in a car fancy transporting some beer down to the AR for me? 10 cans of Becks Vier are £7 at Tesco`s. Will pay on collection or however you require :)

Cheers, Phil.
how many do you want? I'm taking the van (with bike in back!!) so I'll have plenty of room for beer.

20 cans? Bear in mind there is a bar on site...

Electro
18-07-10, 05:22 AM
how many do you want? I'm taking the van (with bike in back!!) so I'll have plenty of room for beer.

20 cans? Bear in mind there is a bar on site...

20 would be fine mate. Do you want the cash up front or before?

Quiff Wichard
18-07-10, 10:53 AM
I am sure someone will be doin a beer run !

fizzwheel
18-07-10, 11:16 AM
I am sure someone will be doin a beer run !

Remember folks there is a bar on site in the Hotel. From what I remember the prices were reasonable to... obviously not as cheap as beer from the supermarket though... just someting to keep in mind.