PDA

View Full Version : injection butterfly eliminator

antony
26-03-10, 10:40 PM
hi guys seen these eliminators for the computer controlled butterflys for sale on the net but cant figure what they achieve do you take the whole computer butterfly system out or just leave it in and plug the device in what exactly will be the benefits and would it just be eaier to undo the 2 scews on each butterfly and out them instead so the ecu still thinks they are there the system is so ld by twin works factory

cheers ant

phil24_7
26-03-10, 10:56 PM
I know of a few racers etc that just remove the valve to leave it open all the time.

antony
26-03-10, 11:04 PM
hi phill do they just remove the gold butterfly part so the ecu thinks its still there and what kind of gains do they get from doing this it is for my race bike too so only running high in the revs

cheers ant

phil24_7
26-03-10, 11:48 PM
No gains I don't think, but it plays little use on track AFAIK. The Portuguese, Suzuki Superbike team (I think) take them off of there GSX-R's. We found this out after my mate crashed at Portimao and had an FI fault appear. After much help from the Portuguese racers (respect due for this as they were testing), they simply removed it and told him that's what they do to their own bikes.

Pretty sure it was the gold butterfly's. Why don't you take them off and try them to see if it affects anything?

TSM
27-03-10, 12:39 AM
Im sure they would only remove it in conjunction with an altered fueling or else there will be issues when going from small to big thottle openings quickly.

zadar
27-03-10, 06:55 AM
hi guys seen these eliminators for the computer controlled butterflys for sale on the net but cant figure what they achieve do you take the whole computer butterfly system out or just leave it in and plug the device in what exactly will be the benefits and would it just be eaier to undo the 2 scews on each butterfly and out them instead so the ecu still thinks they are there the system is so ld by twin works factory

cheers ant
It lets you get rid of all parts associated with secondary butterfly. You can take off plates, shafts, servo motor, secondary tps sensor...etc.
Main advantage is removing shafts out of intake since it is doing nothing once you take plates off other than getting in the way of air flow.