PDA

View Full Version : Meta 357 problems

Iceman
29-03-10, 05:23 PM
Hi,

I have a '52 SV650S and the alarm/immobiliser has gone faulty.
It is a Meta 357 and it will not let me start the bike, it is not alarmed and all electrics work.
I noticed the flashing LED is no longer flashing, pressing the fob does not do anything (either of them).

Does anyone know how to bypass the immobiliser so I can start the bike?
A wiring diagram would be good, but I can't find one!

Cheers...

fizzwheel
29-03-10, 05:29 PM
Has the bike been sat for a while without being run.

I have the same alarm on my GSXR, If I leave it standing for a while it goes into sleep mode to reduce the battery drain. In sleep mode it doesnt respond to the keyfob and wont do anything, LED stop flashing etc.

If this is what it has done, put the key in the ignition and the alarm should start beeping at you. Once its done that, turn the ignition off and you shoudl find it responds to the keyfob so you can arm and disarm it as normal.

Huwbee
29-03-10, 05:32 PM
I think this i an "Approved" alarm and therefore a wiring diagram will be hard to get hold of, plus most or all of the wires are probably black or black with a red trace, to stop it being "bypassed".

It may be worth trying to replace the LED unit.

I am by no means an expert but have watched several approved alarms being installed on cars and bikes.
Hopefully a member on here is an approved technician.

simesb
29-03-10, 05:36 PM
It may be worth trying to replace the LED unit.

Don't think so; I snapped the LED off mine and it still worked fine.

yorkie_chris
29-03-10, 05:40 PM
You tried what fizz said?

If not I had same fight with mine, it spat its dummy out after I crashed a bit. It interrupted the main ignition hot wire under the seat unit and the starter relay wires down near the relay.

simesb
29-03-10, 05:41 PM
Does the Meta not cut the ignition when it's internal battery goes flat? Just a thought if the bike has been stood a long time.

Iceman
29-03-10, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the replies.
The Bike has been stood for a while (all winter etc..) I had the battery on charge on and off throughout the winter.
Putting the key in the ignition and turning it turns the lights on etc... but the alarm does not beep.

fizzwheel
29-03-10, 06:16 PM
Not sure what to try next then. I am assuming that the batteries in both your fobs are OK ?

For mine I have a red piece of credit card sized plastic that has the over ride number on it. You have to do some funny sequence with the ignition and then corresponding number of flashes of the LED in order to bypass or override the alarm. I cant remember what it is, but I can try and find my alarm paperwork if you are stuck. Of course if you dont have the red card or the LED isnt flashing I dont know if that will work.

sz1
29-03-10, 06:21 PM
Not sure what to try next then. I am assuming that the batteries in both your fobs are OK ?

For mine I have a red piece of credit card sized plastic that has the over ride number on it. You have to do some funny sequence with the ignition and then corresponding number of flashes of the LED in order to bypass or override the alarm. I cant remember what it is, but I can try and find my alarm paperwork if you are stuck. Of course if you don't have the red card or the LED isnt flashing I don't know if that will work.

i have this a alarm with no pr obs to report you should have the over ride code is there a in line fuse for it if so may be worth checking as i know some alarms if the fuse is blown See's it as a attack and leaves it immoralized , also the sleep thing is right turn your key full on and press alarm button whilst key still in ignition if not i wounder if you form has got decoded will investigate if i find out will post up.

sz1
29-03-10, 06:32 PM
here you are meta manual links new i had it some where-

http://www.metasystem.it/index.php/msy_eng_en/content/view/full/185

Iceman
29-03-10, 06:40 PM
I will search for the code, but assumed because the LED is not flashing it would not be too helpful! lol
The inline fuse was corroded so I got a wire brush and sprayed it is WD40.
I did notice that when I put te fuse back in there is a little noise from the Alarm box, This I figured meant the alarm was at least getting power.
Thanks for the link, I will have a look.
Really wanted to try and get the back out this weekend!

Thanks for all your help.

sz1
30-03-10, 07:52 AM
I will search for the code, but assumed because the LED is not flashing it would not be too helpful! lol
The inline fuse was corroded so I got a wire brush and sprayed it is WD40.
I did notice that when I put te fuse back in there is a little noise from the Alarm box, This I figured meant the alarm was at least getting power.
Thanks for the link, I will have a look.
Really wanted to try and get the back out this weekend!

Thanks for all your help.

pull the fuse clean up holder put a new fuse in if it was broken / corroded may have stoped power getting too alarm and may have flatened alarm internal batt.

Sid Squid
30-03-10, 08:02 AM
pull the fuse clean up holder put a new fuse in if it was broken / corroded may have stoped power getting too alarm and may have flatened alarm internal batt.
I suspect this the problem - with the bike's battery re-charged and the fuse now passing current the alarm battery should itself re-charge. Give it a few hours and then try - noting the advice Fizz gave about the alarm possibly having a 'sleep mode', many do.
If the alarm battery survives, (there's no worse treatment for a battery than to be left flat for any significant period), then everything will probably be back to normal, if not it may be possible to replace the battery.

Iceman
30-03-10, 07:05 PM
Hi, Thanks for all your replys.
I suspect the internal battery is flat, the fuse is fine I ran a continuity test to confirm.
Where does the internal battery lie? inside the alarm unit?
I will have the batteries replaced in both fobs as well (just in case they are flat!)

sz1
31-03-10, 09:32 AM
Hi, Thanks for all your replys.
I suspect the internal battery is flat, the fuse is fine I ran a continuity test to confirm.
Where does the internal battery lie? inside the alarm unit?
I will have the batteries replaced in both fobs as well (just in case they are flat!)

arnt sure as i have had no probs with my alarm so havent had too investgate too far with it , might be worth e mailing meta for advice / help.