PDA

View Full Version : Pannier rack for sv650s k3

SV400Rob
12-04-10, 09:13 PM
hello,

I'm off to Ireland this summer and I've already got some soft throw over panniers but as I'm going with my girlfriend we think we might need some more room. My dad has recently bought a kappa luggage rack with kappa panniers and he said if I buy a rack I can borrow his panniers. I was wondering if anyone has a rack fitted to their bike which they and have some photos so that I know what it'd look like. Or if anyone has one for sale?!

Thanks

Rob

combatfred
12-04-11, 09:51 AM
hello,

I'm off to Ireland this summer and I've already got some soft throw over panniers but as I'm going with my girlfriend we think we might need some more room. My dad has recently bought a kappa luggage rack with kappa panniers and he said if I buy a rack I can borrow his panniers. I was wondering if anyone has a rack fitted to their bike which they and have some photos so that I know what it'd look like. Or if anyone has one for sale?!

Thanks

Rob

Search Google Images. That's what I did when checking out hard luggage for my Busa.
I bought SWMotech pannier racks, which are excellent. The racks are on quick release fasteners, so when not in use you can pop them off and all that's left is 4 metal mounting tabs tabs. They do a lockable mount for each side to stop someone with a screwdriver nicking your luggage.

sv4me
12-04-11, 03:14 PM
+1 to SW Motech stuff

They're not the cheapest but really are brilliant, so simple yet effective and a doddle to fit and remove like Combatfred says

Taken off svrider.com

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e143/TreeDoc/Suzuki%20SV650S/IMG_0090.jpg

The only problem you might have is the side racks connect to the topbox mounting plate, so you would have to buy that as well (I think anyway) but if you're ever thinking of doing some serious touring you could do with a topbox. Gives your gf something to rest on and if yours is anything like mine she'll be able to fit them 6 pairs of shoes she wants to take :rolleyes:

My dads Z750 has their topbox mount, quick lock pannier racks and quick lock 12v tankbag so its safe to say hes happy with them :smt003

EDIT: just noticed the date of the OP, guessing you may have already bought something by now :smt043

combatfred
13-04-11, 06:31 AM
just noticed the date of the OP, guessing you may have already bought something by now :smt043

Oops.... we're a year too late! My fault for being bored at work, noticing this and posting a reply. DOH!

Fred

sv4me
13-04-11, 01:32 PM
We're great people to have round AFTER an emergency! :takeabow: