PDA

View Full Version : Fabbri double bubble screen for SV650s

Daniel-SV
10-05-10, 01:03 PM
Im thinking of getting a double bubble for my SV650s and was wondering if anyone else had one already fitted on a K1 or similar, and could tell me if it makes a lot of difference or not?

Bluefish
10-05-10, 05:22 PM
i had one of these on a previouse bike not an sv and it was brill, i think a double bubble is always better than standard.

ricky
10-05-10, 05:54 PM
i have one on my sk1 and i noticed the diff just moves the wind away from your chest

Nobbylad
13-05-10, 10:38 AM
I've had 4 x screens (if you include the stock one) and as has been said, they mostly move the airflow from your chest to your shoulders.

This elevated airflow can be good, especially if you're tucking in on the M-way etc, however for normal riding, I actually found it made journeys more noisey as the wind is deflected closer to your chin/lid.

I changed my stock screen for a powerbronze which was OK, I smashed that on a track day so replaced it with an MRA as I thought that would give me more wind protection. It was actually worse for noise as it put the wind right onto my lid and had very distinct differences in airflow when doing lifesavers/lane checks/other obs involving moving your head from dead centre.

I've now got a Fabbri which I rate quite highly, at least as good as the powerbronze but not installed in close enough time frame to do a back to back comparison. Deffo better for my riding than the MRA.

Aftermarket screens still don't seem to have mastered a good fit at the top edges of the top cowling (where the screws are).