PDA

View Full Version : Alpinestars SP1 fit

hongman
17-05-10, 01:47 PM
Hi

I tried on a few gloves at Hein Gericke and I really liked the Alpinestars SP1 (SP2 werent bad either).

However, in their smallest size, the glove fits perfectly around my palm etc, but the fingers and all just a little (I'd say 8-10mm) too long.

Do you think this will be a problem long term? Cant find any gloves that fit both palm and finger length :(

Scoobs
17-05-10, 02:06 PM
What are they like when you wrap your fingers around the handlebars. If the fingers are too short they will press the tips of your fingers. You might find that these are ok once you're on the bike.

hongman
17-05-10, 02:11 PM
Same, still some play. rest of the glove fits lovely though.

Scoobs
17-05-10, 02:30 PM
Go fingerless. The gloves - not your hands.

;)

G
17-05-10, 02:37 PM
They are an awsome glove, so comfy and survive well when crashed in too.

The size are funny I purchased the size that was the tightest fit but there was not enough give so I could not reach the clutch lever.

Had to buy the next size up.

hongman
17-05-10, 03:34 PM
They feel comfortable enough to be honest, I just wondered if the extra play at the end would cause any unforseen issues?

Palm, knuckle, etc all fit well. Just fingers.

Would you settle for a glove like that?

G
17-05-10, 03:51 PM
I dont buy anything unless I am 100% happy with it... If your not sure, it will continue to bug you.

hongman
17-05-10, 04:01 PM
Well thats what I'm saying. It doesnt actually bother me, I'm just wondering if there would be any adverse reason I am not seeing that should affect my descision in buying these :)