PDA

View Full Version : Soft Pannier Recommendations

Rob969
13-06-10, 02:46 PM
Hi i'm in search of some panniers for when i need to go on a 4 week course in August, already got a tank bag and i'm going to get one of these (http://www.over-board.co.uk/catalog//bwaterproof-bags-and-casesb/duffel-bags/waterproof-duffle-bag-br-60-litres.p47.html) to strap to the rear seat. But i'm also looking at getting a decent set of expandable pannier to put on as well. Anyone got any recommendations don't really want to spend more than £60-70 for a set. Plus they need to be fairly large when expanded 48ltrs +.
Thanks

speedplay
13-06-10, 02:48 PM
I've got some buffalo sport ones that seem to be able to expand enough to get all my kit into.
I also use a kreiga tail pack.

maviczap
13-06-10, 02:50 PM
There's some buffalo ones in the other item for sale section Rob.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=153081

They'll do for what you want. Bin liner will add an extra layer of protection against the weather

Rob969
13-06-10, 02:56 PM
Saw them but can't get anything till next month need to save my money for a trip to france in a few weeks. Not sure if the Buffalo sports would be big enough, although the do have a touring version which is 63 litres i think

maviczap
13-06-10, 02:59 PM
I got some Oxford ones from Busters nice and cheap, although they are prob the same size as the buffalo ones Rob.

The latest ones from Oxford got 'Ride' magazines recommended tag. Mine weren't, the latest model, but they'll do

Busters had an offer on luggage recently

Rob969
13-06-10, 03:33 PM
Already got a Buffalo getaway touring tank bag which is 42 litres and i'm happy with that. The buffalo expanding ones seem ok at 58litres think there probably what i'm going to get at the minute. but like i said can't afford to get any till next month so i'll keep looking

timwilky
13-06-10, 03:41 PM
Oxford ones with the clear plastic storm covers to make the waterproof are rubbish. The covers inflate and shred. Far better to acept your stuff might get wet in them and place everything in plastic bags

Rob969
13-06-10, 03:47 PM
Was going to get some heavy duty clear plastic bags from work and put everything in them before putting them in the panniers that way i don't have to mess around with the waterproof covers.

speedplay
13-06-10, 05:59 PM
If your that tight, why don't you just borrow mine?

missyburd
13-06-10, 06:01 PM
We have a pair of Oxfords, we just put everything in heavy duty binbags like Rob suggested. I think you'll have a hard time finding waterproof soft ones.

Rob969
13-06-10, 06:35 PM
If your that tight, why don't you just borrow mine?

Cheers but i might as well get my own as i'll need them in the future aswell. Just wondered what panniers other people used and mainly if anyone said don't get these because they're pants. don't need any till middle of August when i'm of to sunny wolverhampton on a course