PDA

View Full Version : Dogs at the AR

gruntygiggles
16-06-10, 12:43 PM
We're getting close to this now and so my thoughts are turning to details a little more.

If you are bringing dogs to the AR, I just wanted to pass on these requests from the hotel.

*All dogs must be supervised at all times.
*Dogs being walked outside of the camping field MUST be kept on a lead unless they are safely in the woods behind the hotel
*All dog mess MUST be cleared up and put in the bins provided.

And this is my adendum:-

Not everyone likes dogs, some people are scared of them and not all dogs are ok with other dogs, so please always keep a close eye on your dogs and don't let them run around unsupervised. Please don't let them just run up to people/other dogs without checking first.

The camping field is totally unsheltered, so the inside of tents/cars/vans and caravans will get extremely hot during the day time. Please make sure you make arrangements for someone to look after your dogs if you are doing the rideout as the last thing anyone wants is a dead dog due to heat.

There are woods to the rear of the hotel and we have been granted permission to use these all weekend. They are very shaded, so a perfect place to let dogs run in the heat of the day.

I will be taking a paddling pool to give the dogs somewhere to have a dunk and cool down if needed, all dogs are welcome to jump in and join the fun.

Lastly, as Dan and I are both doing the rideout and will be too busy on the Saturday night, I have booked our four dogs into a local kennel for the Saturday day and night in order than they will not be left alone and so we don't have to worry about them.

If anyone else wants to do this, let me know and I will PM you the kennel details. It's £8 per dog per night, which is not bad at all.

On a final note, I can say that at the two previous AR's that I have been to and taken our dogs to, we have had little to worry about as all the dog owners of the forum seem very sensible, responsible ones.

If you love dogs and want to come and say hello to any of them this year, just remember, not all dogs like people running up to them, check with the owners first and lets all have a fab weekend with our four legged friends.

Oh.....and anyone that wants to throw balls, sticks or toys for our lot again....feel free, they have never had that much exercise...lol :-)

diamond
16-06-10, 01:23 PM
My 2 will be there be prepeared to be licked to death.

And as a side note any food left unattended within 100m will be sniffed out and hoovered up before you can blink. Even food on it's way from plate to mouth has been known to vanish. I will try and control this, however, they seem to work as a team one distracts whilst the other steals. I can see meal times with them being locked in the car.

ophic
16-06-10, 01:39 PM
My 2 will also be there. I would request though, that people don't approach Kaiser unless invited. As most will remember, he's the dopiest thing since wolves first walked the earth, but he can and does tend to flatten people in his way whilst running away from anything that spooks him. Often the mug holding the lead gets it the worst.

Things that can spook him are:
People reaching for him
People looking at him
Unexpected noises
Leaves blowing in the wind
Particularly offensive blades of grass
Nothing

But Graciepants should get her make-up on, he's coming for you :!:

gruntygiggles
16-06-10, 01:52 PM
haha....run Gracie......RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Just let common sense prevail people. As much as we take dogs in as part of the family...they're still dogs and have different needs, likes and dislikes, so treat them with respect :-)

Messie
16-06-10, 03:19 PM
My 2 will also be there. I would request though, that people don't approach Kaiser unless invited. As most will remember, he's the dopiest thing since wolves first walked the earth, but he can and does tend to flatten people in his way whilst running away from anything that spooks him. Often the mug holding the lead gets it the worst.

Things that can spook him are:
People reaching for him
People looking at him
Unexpected noises
Leaves blowing in the wind
Particularly offensive blades of grass
Nothing

But Graciepants should get her make-up on, he's coming for you :!:

Bless the huge monster dog! He'll have his little bodyguard with him though to fend off strangers.

widepants
16-06-10, 04:02 PM
can I take my "dog" into the woods for special time

metalhead19
17-06-10, 12:31 PM
I will try and control this, however, they seem to work as a team one distracts whilst the other steals. I can see meal times with them being locked in the car.

Thats no fun.....make people work for their food ;)

gruntygiggles
17-06-10, 12:37 PM
My 2 will be there be prepeared to be licked to death.

And as a side note any food left unattended within 100m will be sniffed out and hoovered up before you can blink. Even food on it's way from plate to mouth has been known to vanish. I will try and control this, however, they seem to work as a team one distracts whilst the other steals. I can see meal times with them being locked in the car.

Yay...play time with the babies :-)

diamond
17-06-10, 01:32 PM
GG-They aren't really babies any more,:( Jake is a bit of a bull dozer and over friendly, he's a bit of an attention seeker. I spose Tess is still a baby all shy and quiet around people, even people that don't like dogs love her.
They love camping tho so be prepared

MH19- It is funny to watch them work they have stealing down to a fine art, :D but i don't like cleaning what comes out the other end when they have been on a food raid and eaten all sorts of crap. :pukel:

gruntygiggles
17-06-10, 01:39 PM
Hahaha....the aftermath poo bags are not good!

Jake looks huge in the new pictures on Facebook. I'll say this though....if he needs reminding he's not the biggest dog in the world, Saffie can start him off and Kaiser can finish the job....he won't know what's hit him...lol

As for Tess....she'll always be a baby....she's just adorable.

ophic
17-06-10, 01:41 PM
The only thing Kaiser can finish is his food bowls :chef:

Owenski
17-06-10, 01:47 PM
The only thing Kaiser can finish is his food bowls :chef:

and footballs IIRC

diamond
17-06-10, 01:53 PM
He's only a bull dozer with humans, with dogs he rolls on his back as soon as they look at him. When they gave out courage he was not even last in the queue i think he was in the wrong queue getting a burger

ophic
17-06-10, 02:03 PM
He's only a bull dozer with humans, with dogs he rolls on his back as soon as they look at him. When they gave out courage he was not even last in the queue i think he was in the wrong queue getting a burger
Kaiser is scared of queues :smt012

dizzyblonde
17-06-10, 07:52 PM
and footballs IIRC

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs147.snc1/5454_1182073508324_1122788272_555311_6381357_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=555312&id=1122788272)

He was merely looking after it;)

missyburd
23-06-10, 08:23 AM
Need a dog attendee thread for the AR hehe. Looking forward to meeting them all!

gruntygiggles
23-06-10, 08:34 AM
I might be doing that Maria. Waiting for the hotel to tell me if they need it, lol :-)

Milky Bar Kid
23-06-10, 09:33 AM
Meh, I hate dogs....

blue curvy jester
23-06-10, 12:57 PM
I am in conflict i'm comming to the AR but i have been told i have to go and get my dog from a rescue centre on the saturday ( fuggin women can't read diaries)

gruntygiggles
23-06-10, 01:15 PM
Not good Blue....whatcha gonna do?

blue curvy jester
23-06-10, 01:30 PM
Don't know see if i can get the dog on the friday probably ( but don't get back from hols until the fiday morning)

Shellywoozle
28-06-10, 11:33 AM
Samson is coming to the AR and I am now managing to bring Zuky along by others means which means I could go for the ride out, possibly but means I will have a stray dog.

Are other people in the same position, what can we do with the K9's. Is there a K9 sitting club LOL

If there isn't then maybe I will bow out of the rideout and be the sitter.

gruntygiggles
28-06-10, 12:44 PM
Samson is coming to the AR and I am now managing to bring Zuky along by others means which means I could go for the ride out, possibly but means I will have a stray dog.

Are other people in the same position, what can we do with the K9's. Is there a K9 sitting club LOL

If there isn't then maybe I will bow out of the rideout and be the sitter.

Shell...did you actually read the first post ya fud....lol.

Would you like details of the kennels we are using? We are taking our lot on the Thursday, but putting them in kennels Saturday first thing to Sunday first thing so that we can do the rideout and pi$$ up without worrying about them. I'm pretty sure they'd have Samson just for the Saturday day time or on the same as our lot.

:-)

Shellywoozle
28-06-10, 12:58 PM
Awww cheers GG, no I am a giant Fud and didnt read ....... FUD FUD FUD FUD. Details would be good, I will get him booked in :)

Fankoo GG you save the day again I luvs ya mwahhhh :)

gruntygiggles
28-06-10, 01:16 PM
Shell, you have PM and I luvs ya too chick xxx

Shellywoozle
28-06-10, 05:58 PM
Thanks GG for the PM - they cant fit Samson in :( so looks like I wont be going on the rideout .... I shall carry on drinking LOL

gruntygiggles
28-06-10, 07:16 PM
Thanks GG for the PM - they cant fit Samson in :( so looks like I wont be going on the rideout .... I shall carry on drinking LOL

Oh no....there were others in the area...want me to try and find them?

EDIT: Maybe we could ask for samson to be put in a kennel with the puppies??? :-)

Shellywoozle
28-06-10, 08:47 PM
Oh no....there were others in the area...want me to try and find them?

EDIT: Maybe we could ask for samson to be put in a kennel with the puppies??? :-)

If you can find the other GG that would be great, I tried to look in Yell but it threw back no others :( but I dont know the area very well.

The lady on the phone asked if he was a handful as if he was she couldnt have him as they a small place, but then proceeded to tell me every dog she had and their owners names before saying NO to Samson LOL..... lovely lady though

Kilted Ginger
04-07-10, 11:12 PM
Re dog sitting.
I intend most definately to be attending the AR but due to other commitments i will not be able to embark on the 350mile trip to get there until midnight on the Friday night.
This being the case I will not be riding on the sat as it would be foolish after a 7 or 8 hour overnighter to get there.

I was going to try to cadge a lift if someone was driving a support car / van which would allow me to participate whilst sleeping. However the other option would be to dog sit. (provided they can be tied to something whilst i sleep.

Something to think about for me and anyone interested.

Quiff Wichard
22-07-10, 12:35 PM
Dogs?

BRIINGG ON THE WALLL

Shellywoozle
22-07-10, 05:50 PM
Dogs?

BRIINGG ON THE WALLL

you luv em Quiffy !!

I hope Sam gets on with other doggies else he will be in the Hound of the Baskerville Grave Yard and I shall leave him there !

gruntygiggles
22-07-10, 05:52 PM
Hahahaha. I think there might have been one called Samson...we'll have to go look. Ours will be out and playing, but the collies will have their muzzles on just to be safe. Only let them off lead away from Quiff and Kate Moss or when in the woods though. Must be good doggies around my friends :-)

Shellywoozle
22-07-10, 05:56 PM
Hahahaha. I think there might have been one called Samson...we'll have to go look. Ours will be out and playing, but the collies will have their muzzles on just to be safe. Only let them off lead away from Quiff and Kate Moss or when in the woods though. Must be good doggies around my friends :-)

I will abide the rules GG I know not all liks dogs. Quiff has had a small brief meeting with Samson many moons ago when he was a palyful puppy.

I have a dog stake and a 60ft dog lead which can be shortened so he will be tied down at all times :) He is a good boy, may go invest in a muzzle tho just so he cant chew other dogs if he is unsure ... good call !

Quiff Wichard
22-07-10, 06:05 PM
I am still a playful puppy..

gruntygiggles
22-07-10, 06:06 PM
If he's never shown any signs of aggression towards other dogs Shell...there will be no need for a muzzle hun!

I'm not going to be strict on the leads in the field rule...neither will the hotel be, just use discretion and all will be fine...everyone I've met with dogs on this forum has been fab!

Quiff Wichard
22-07-10, 06:09 PM
this is what dogs do to me..

at the GM3 when Murphy (ralphs dog) turned up..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/sigourneysbeaver/north%20south%2008/gm3/35861_10150238106185553_879760552_13327917_1012449 _n.jpg

he is a lovely dog..

it is me not the dogs.. I cant help being scared

gruntygiggles
22-07-10, 06:22 PM
We know Stiffy my most gorgeous buddy.....even if I do know for a fact you can be a big softie with the little dogs when they are nice and quiet ;-)

fizzwheel
22-07-10, 08:26 PM
it is me not the dogs.. I cant help being scared

Quiff, come and find Liz and get her to introduce you to our dogs. they are really friendly and gentle and they really wouldnt hurt a fly. They are pups so they are apt to get excitable, but if you let us know if you feel like saying hello we can calm them or wait till they are calm and you could if you wanted come over.

Tess is probably the best one to say hello to. Jake is a little jumpy with new people. Wont be offended if you dont want to, but even people who dont like dogs seem to take to our two.

Offers there if you want it.

lily
22-07-10, 08:29 PM
Quiff, come and find Liz and get her to introduce you to our dogs. they are really friendly and gentle and they really wouldnt hurt a fly. They are pups so they are apt to get excitable, but if you let us know if you feel like saying hello we can calm them or wait till they are calm and you could if you wanted come over.

Tess is probably the best one to say hello to. Jake is a little jumpy with new people. Wont be offended if you dont want to, but even people who dont like dogs seem to take to our two.

Offers there if you want it.

fizz can I come and say hello to the puppies again!?

fizzwheel
22-07-10, 08:32 PM
fizz can I come and say hello to the puppies again!?

Yep course you can

lily
22-07-10, 08:33 PM
Quiff, I know how you feel, as a child I wouldn't go near a dog, my parents actually didn't get one because how scared I was. Even when I met drew I still had a fear for them, but with his parents dog you couldn't not like dogs. It just seems that over time I have got use to dogs that I know. I still won't go near strange dogs and will also check when at GG's if ok to go near the dogs just cause. Can still get worried when go to somebodies house not been to before and they say I have a dog.... its more the barking that scares the living carp out of me (and still does)

x

lily
22-07-10, 08:33 PM
Yep course you can

:D

this AR just got so much better! lol

Quiff Wichard
23-07-10, 08:06 AM
after the Gm we popped down to Kilteds house and he has 2 dogs big black labradors... AND Murphy was there cos Ralph was on holiday .. so I had 3 to cope with .. was Ok with it .. but only cos Marc kept his 2 outside.. mand went mad and said it is their house their routine.. let them in dont worry about Dave..

I show you the result in a min.. I ended up in their 6 foot cage in the utility as they patrolled outside.

gruntygiggles
23-07-10, 09:12 AM
+1 to Fizz...BUT

probably just Squirrel...lol. He will just melt into a ball of love and sit like a statue absorbing all your cuddles :-)

Saffie won't do anything but want to love you (think Ludo in the Labrynth), but she's a big girl and can fell a tree with her tail!

Hollie absolutely loves people but...you can be stroking her for maybe 10 seconds if your lucky, then she'll get bored and fly off to find a leaf or blade of grass for you to play with OR....a fly will go past while stroking her and she'll jump in the air and try to catch it.....not the best for people nervous with dogs.

Stig, well...he's more nervous of you than you are of him, so best not bother with him at all....he likes being completely ignored so that he can build a little trust in people.....after that, he is the biggest softie in the world, but because of his fear...He'll never be trustworthy, so will usually have a muzzle on!

Milky Bar Kid
23-07-10, 09:13 AM
+1 to Fizz...BUT

probably just Squirrel...lol. He will just melt into a ball of love and sit like a statue absorbing all your cuddles :-)

Saffie won't do anything but want to love you (think Ludo in the Labrynth), but she's a big girl and can fell a tree with her tail!

Hollie absolutely loves people but...you can be stroking her for maybe 10 seconds if your lucky, then she'll get bored and fly off to find a leaf or blade of grass for you to play with OR....a fly will go past while stroking her and she'll jump in the air and try to catch it.....not the best for people nervous with dogs.

Stig, well...he's more nervous of you than you are of him, so best not bother with him at all....he likes being completely ignored so that he can build a little trust in people.....after that, he is the biggest softie in the world, but because of his fear...He'll never be trustworthy, so will usually have a muzzle on!

Awww likkle Stiggles!

gruntygiggles
23-07-10, 09:15 AM
Awww likkle Stiggles!

Hehe...you've spent so much time with them they listen to you as much as they do to me and Dan....same with Squirrel_Hunter and BaP is getting there too. Saxo is the same when he's down...it's great :-)

Milky Bar Kid
23-07-10, 09:23 AM
Hehe...you've spent so much time with them they listen to you as much as they do to me and Dan....same with Squirrel_Hunter and BaP is getting there too. Saxo is the same when he's down...it's great :-)

It's just cos they instantly loved me and could tell that I instantly loved them!

lily
23-07-10, 09:26 AM
I must be honest to start with I loved the puppies more and was careful around hollie and stig.... but now I love them pair more, as they listen to what you say and can play fetch with the pair of them for hours

gruntygiggles
23-07-10, 09:29 AM
I must be honest to start with I loved the puppies more and was careful around hollie and stig.... but now I love them pair more, as they listen to what you say and can play fetch with the pair of them for hours

They're not bad.....they are not jumpy uppy, running all over guest kind of dogs as they've never been allowed to do that. People come in and the dogs run out to find toys...lol. They've just learned they get attention when it's invited, so they don't bother pestering people for it :-)

Yes.....Stig and Hollie playing fetch is just hilarious.

Milky Bar Kid
23-07-10, 09:29 AM

Absolutely nothing wrong with being careful around a dog you are not sure of Lily, sensible I would say!

lily
23-07-10, 09:48 AM
They're not bad.....they are not jumpy uppy, running all over guest kind of dogs as they've never been allowed to do that. People come in and the dogs run out to find toys...lol. They've just learned they get attention when it's invited, so they don't bother pestering people for it :-)

Yes.....Stig and Hollie playing fetch is just hilarious.

I know they are not bad.... I love your dog and puppies!

gruntygiggles
23-07-10, 09:56 AM
I know they are not bad.... I love your dog and puppies!

Haha...I know that huni....was saying it in a mummy kind of stupid way ;-)

They love you back, you throw whatever they bring you all the time :-)

Shellywoozle
23-07-10, 05:47 PM
GG - Sam can be snappy with larger dogs he has little dog syndrome so I will get a muzzle for piece of mind. He is ok once he is properly introduced and he realises they are not a threat, he is just fearful.

For all those that dont like dogs barking - Sam gets excited whenever he meets someone knew, being a mad Springer. Within a minute he will be sat calmly at your feet so it does not continue. I think with 200 people he will soon be worn out lol.

He will remain on a lead unless he is well out of the way of others just due to his playfulness, his lead is 60ft so beware LOL (joke)

This is how soft he is tho folks so those who dont like dogs or are wary he loves people

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs151.snc4/36920_440748912802_624342802_5814419_6276810_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5814420&id=624342802)

gruntygiggles
23-07-10, 05:54 PM
Awww Shell. He'll be fine. The two collies are a bit funny when other dogs are too pushy in saying hello, so we'll just play it by ear...but off the lead in the woods, they'd all be fine. Most issued with dogs are much worse when they are on the end of a lead!

ophic
23-07-10, 06:03 PM
I was out walking Kaiser the other day, and as we turned a blind corner, about 15 yards away walking towards us was someone else walking a dog - a really rather little black one. Kaiser decided, in his worldly way, to take one look, turn tail and leggit, literally dragging me by the lead back to the house.

It's probably a good thing he ain't coming this year. Muppet creature. Not sure this other dog even saw him, he ran off that quick. Very unusual behaviour - he quite often meets a particularly vicious collie on his walks and bounds around trying to play with it, whilst being seriously snarled at.

This dog was a total stranger, and not even up to K's knee. I can just imagine him in the corner of our tent, cowering with his paws over his head, refusing to go out.

Shellywoozle
27-07-10, 06:11 PM
LOL Ophic you should bring him !!

Samson had his first Muzzle bought for him today, he is being introduced a bit at a time but i can honestly say he HATES IT ha ha ha.

Spent more time walking dragging his nose along the floor using his paws trying to get it off, then sat there looking at me with sad eyes.

Ha ha ha ha silly mut

gruntygiggles
27-07-10, 06:48 PM
Ha Shelly, ours were the same, they get better though :-)

Shellywoozle
27-07-10, 06:53 PM
Ha Shelly, ours were the same, they get better though :-)

It's funny watching him, he is getting lotsa of treats on this introduction stage LOL :smt003

gruntygiggles
27-07-10, 06:55 PM
Hehe....bless him.

Kate Moss
01-08-10, 02:47 PM
I'm still scared i am going to be dogs dinner! My fear of them seems to have grown. Please don't think i am being rude if i don't come over to say hi straight away, i am scared of dogs and they can sense it!!!!

Kate Moss
01-08-10, 05:32 PM
Kate, I can keep Sam in the tent if you are about no worries and he will be on a lead around the camp, he will have muzzle and all sorts so he will be kept away, don't worry you will love them all by the end of the w/e (i hope)

Noooo don't shut him in the tent that's mean! I will come and say hello if you promise he wont eat me!

Bri w
04-08-10, 07:25 PM
Our dog sitter has just let us down, so Bess will be joining in the fun.

missyburd
05-08-10, 08:32 AM
Aww am thinking I'm more excited to meet these dogs than the orgers hahaha :-) Looking forward to meeting them and the owners :) x

gruntygiggles
05-08-10, 09:00 AM
Well our lot are all super excited. They know when we start getting stuff in the cars that they are either coming with us or going to the kennels, bith of which they love, so they're all being super stupid this morning! ;-)

Spiderman
05-08-10, 09:08 AM
GG, you know i love you and that Stretchie thing you hang about with lots, right?

But i'm still really looking forward to seeing Stig again!!! I may well kidnap him this year you know, i'm sure you wont even notice, hehe.

gruntygiggles
05-08-10, 09:33 AM
GG, you know i love you and that Stretchie thing you hang about with lots, right?

But i'm still really looking forward to seeing Stig again!!! I may well kidnap him this year you know, i'm sure you wont even notice, hehe.

Haha....yeah, it would be like taking half of my heart away with you...that would just be mean!.

Anyway, on a serious note...he won't remember you from a year ago Zig, so if you just remember to ignore him COMPLETELY and let him come to you and don't try to stroke him straight away he'll be fine. Then he'll bring youa toy and all will back to how he was with you last year. He's just a nervous little boy!

Spiderman
05-08-10, 09:35 AM
Haha....yeah, it would be like taking half of my heart away with you...that would just be mean!.

Anyway, on a serious note...he won't remember you from a year ago Zig, so if you just remember to ignore him COMPLETELY and let him come to you and don't try to stroke him straight away he'll be fine. Then he'll bring youa toy and all will back to how he was with you last year. He's just a nervous little boy!

No worries Cheryl, thanks for the heads up. I will do exactly that...just before i try and stuff him in my rucksack to run off with, lol.

BernardBikerchick
05-08-10, 09:51 AM
one more sleep wooooooooo

gruntygiggles
05-08-10, 11:07 AM
No more sleeps for us BBC...We'll see you there tomorrow although you'll be lucky if I haven't fallen asleep...lol. :-)

Kate Moss
12-08-10, 03:46 PM
Dogs were all great!

_Stretchie_
12-08-10, 07:27 PM
And KATE even walked the dogs.... KATE...

WUB YOU

Kate Moss
13-08-10, 09:10 AM
And KATE even walked the dogs.... KATE...

WUB YOU

wubs you too!!! ;)

I enjoyed walking the dogs actually, bit strange being pulled along my squirell though, strong little bugger!!

BernardBikerchick
14-08-10, 11:14 AM
aww i love your dogs awwwwwwwwwwwww

Spiderman
14-08-10, 02:54 PM
Awww the loveable little squirrel dude, awwwww.

BernardBikerchick
15-08-10, 11:44 AM
i love the little dude awww

gruntygiggles
15-08-10, 02:58 PM
It is a gorgeous picture of him. I love it when he falls asleep in your hands like that!

BernardBikerchick
16-08-10, 07:34 PM
awwwwwwww

BernardBikerchick
16-08-10, 07:43 PM
bless him

gruntygiggles
17-08-10, 12:08 AM
He's such a little snugglebunny!