PDA

View Full Version : Summer glove recommendations

Maverick9999
30-06-10, 03:54 PM
Hi there,

I've been putting up with sweaty hands for 2 summers now with my Rawland leather gloves and fancy a lighter and more airy glove which is breathable.

What does everyone use which allows your hands to keep cool whilst offering some form of protection in the case of an "off"?

I was imagining some kind of thin foam/fabric glove with some reinforcement in the relevant places? Or is this asking for trouble?

yorkie_chris
30-06-10, 03:58 PM
Halvarrsons dino :)

Heavyweight protection but well vented.

Maverick9999
30-06-10, 04:09 PM
I'll have to try these on, they don't appear to be well vented from the pics...

Forgot to mention that I don't mind having a summer pair and swapping them for my rawlands for the winter...

Icanopit
30-06-10, 05:26 PM
Just purchased a pair of these on fleabay, listing number 300438145619, on a bid offer, look to be "maybe" unbadged Spada???? certainly look identical.
Supple-Light-Armoured and fully adjustable, extremely impressed @ £30.
IF considering use their sizing guide.

JOHN

G
30-06-10, 06:09 PM
Alpinestar sp1's

Tried on most brands and these were the most comfortable for me. They give lots of feel through them which I love, a lot of gloves don't offer much feel I find.

Slid along the floor at 90 in them to and you can 'hardly' tell.

Cymraeg_Atodeg
30-06-10, 07:30 PM
I got a set of Weise Tornado gloves, come with nifty little Knox protection on the ball of the hand that I have tested and it works. I use these on cooler days and when it rains as they were cheap, but, are comfortable and offer good protection.

I also have a pair of Alpinestars GP Tech's, now, as you would expect for the cost these are the mutts nuts, and to be honest I am a bit worried about coming off in these cause of the cost, but, they keep my hands cool and are covered in protection, yet, are not restrictive. These are my blast and hot day gloves.

Shonky
30-06-10, 08:34 PM
I just bought some Alpinestars SP-X from Honda of Bournemouth, bargain at £45.

BBadger
30-06-10, 09:07 PM
I got some sp-1's and there brilliant.
Also are my Berik ones forget the model but i found them for around £70 nice thick leather ( find the sp1's abit thin) with good venerlation.