PDA

View Full Version : M&P Direct - grrrrr

Roberrrrt
07-07-10, 08:11 AM
Sooo, ordered a new chain n sprockets on saturday from M&P Direct website.

Fair enough they probably don't work sundays, so I figured they'd despatch the item on Monday. Not a peep.

Got an email this morning saying that they can't supply what I've ordered.
:smt013:smt013:smt013:smt013:smt013:smt013:smt013

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CHECK AN ORDER AND RESPOND? I could've ordered from somewhere else and had it fitted by now if they had let me know on Monday.

Rant over.

the_lone_wolf
07-07-10, 08:33 AM
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CHECK AN ORDER AND RESPOND?

How long does it take to call them? Lesson 1: If you need something urgently you call

On their home page it says "Open 7 days a week" with their phone number in huge typeface

If you'd called they'd have been able to tell you there and then

Not seeing how this is in any way their fault tbh:???:

Roberrrrt
07-07-10, 08:45 AM
Lesson 1: Don't patronise me. I never said I needed it urgently, you assumed that.

I am annoyed at their fairly inefficient online system.

It's my choice whether I order online or give them a ring, correct? Fair enough I missed the 7-days opening sign - but surely that just compounds my case for their delay in responding...

Almost every time I've ordered products online (bike parts or otherwise) I've had notification of despatch or of the product being unavailable within 1 day. Just surprised me that it took them four days. In this technological age I don't think it's unreasonable to be as demanding as this. That's my opinion, but thanks for your concern TLW.

_Stretchie_
07-07-10, 08:49 AM
Sorry dude, I know it doesn't help you, but I've never had a problem.

Recently bought 2x chain and sproclket kits, the lass on the phone said we have to order them in and they'll be with you within a week if that's ok.

I say "Yes, that'll be ok"

And they turned up in a week.

I have heard quite a few people say they've had probs with late/non delivery or delivery of wrong items so you're not on your own

I must have just been really lucky with them. Hope you get it sorted asap dude

Roberrrrt
07-07-10, 08:55 AM
Yeah well I guess it happens now and again, just annoying when it happens to you!

They didn't give me the option to wait while they ordered in, they just cancelled my order. But I suppose that's another que for a "you should have rung them" comment.

Ordered off fleabay now, see what happens.

the_lone_wolf
07-07-10, 08:57 AM
Lesson 1: Don't patronise me. I never said I needed it urgently

So why are you getting your panties in a twist and ranting on here?:rolleyes:

If you're that concerned, and "demand" a response within 24hrs, you should have called them on Monday when you heard nothing

Nice avatar bth, epic fail indeed:smt023

Roberrrrt
07-07-10, 09:05 AM
So why are you getting your panties in a twist and ranting on here?:rolleyes:

Felt the need to vent my spleen, that's all. Everyone else does it on here!

Don't worry about it sunshine, you just carry on being 'Captain Awesome Mega Poster' in your internet world.

(I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. In the mood for arguing with people, real and virtual, apologies for any offence caused :smt106)

ophic
07-07-10, 09:14 AM
In the mood for arguing with people
The problem is, that is TLW on a good day :-$

the_lone_wolf
07-07-10, 09:29 AM
The problem is, that is TLW on a good day :-$

This is a good day...:p

Just funny having someone ranting about M&P not contacting them when they've had from Saturday until this morning to contact M&P and haven't done so... Yes, a few people rant on here, but they normally have something to rant about...;)

Nowt as queer as folk...:???:

Roberrrrt
07-07-10, 09:38 AM
Just funny having someone ranting about M&P not contacting them when they've had from Saturday until this morning to contact M&P and haven't done so... Yes, a few people rant on here, but they normally have something to rant about...;)

Think I've explained thoroughly enough my views on the phone vs. online ordering debate. Nothing to rant about? How was I supposed to know that what they have advertised as available to purchase on their website turns out (four days later) to not be available? Oh yeah, ring them, right? Lesson 1?

I CHOSE TO BUY ONLINE. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO CHASE MY ORDER BY PHONE.

Do you work for M&P Direct? If so, you should do something about your online systems, they're cr@p.

HTH.

squirrel_hunter
07-07-10, 09:38 AM
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CHECK AN ORDER AND RESPOND?

You're not going to like it but that is normal practice for an internet retailer. Yes they are open 24/7 to take orders but going by the size of their operation they will only be picked and packed during normal office hours unless they offer a next day delivery, though the weekends are usually excluded from that.

If the order was placed on Saturday or Sunday then the warehouse wouldn't have looked at it until Monday. Depending on the size of their back log your order would have been looked at at some point on that day. Not finding the item in stock it would have gone back to the pick list and probably reattempted on the Tuesday. This is to allow arrival of stock, put by's and mistakes. Some business's don't do this they each have their own business rules for this area.

After the second pick attempt failed it would have then gone to customer service where you have been emailed and the monies refunded. There are other considerations regarding the systems and processes used. But in summary while unfortunate there is nothing out of the ordinary here.

the_lone_wolf
07-07-10, 09:41 AM
Think I've explained thoroughly enough my views on the phone vs. online ordering debate.

So M&P are crap because you're too lazy / stubborn / up your own **** to pick up the phone and dial?

:smt043

ophic
07-07-10, 09:44 AM
Oh yeah, ring them, right? Lesson 1?
You know what, TLW, I think he's getting the hang of this ;)

the_lone_wolf
07-07-10, 09:48 AM
You know what, TLW, I think he's getting the hang of this ;)

When I land him I'll mount him on the wall next to Spiderman:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KbuSgnJwGGk/R-qi_LnYApI/AAAAAAAAAE8/vsFYDKRtlOU/s400/PC100006.jpg

;)

Roberrrrt
07-07-10, 09:48 AM
But in summary while unfortunate there is nothing out of the ordinary here.

I must have been pretty lucky in all of my other online transactions then. :p

Maybe their system needs looking at? Going on the scenario which you've outlined (which is hypothetical I appreciate) then maybe they should have a system which allows the picker to alert the ordering system once they've picked the last item (I.e. once they are out of stock). That way, the website could be updated as having the product out of stock, and stop all the hassle.

The problem is, that now I've had all this hassle (and the unhelpful comments from TLW, unlike yourself and Stretchie, who have had some more insightful thoughts) I am unlikely to buy from them again. If they knew they were out of stock, which TLW said they would probably have known they were if I had phoned, then why not update the website?

And for the love of god TLW, will you stop whinging on about me phoning them. I didn't ring. Like I said before, I don't think I should have to chase my order by phone. It's just one of the perks of this marvellous invention called the internet, where people like you spend far too much time, evidently.

the_lone_wolf
07-07-10, 09:49 AM
If they knew they were out of stock, which TLW said they would probably have known they were if I had phoned, then why not update the website?

Perhaps they were on the phone?

Roberrrrt
07-07-10, 09:51 AM
Perhaps they were on the phone?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :winner:

squirrel_hunter
07-07-10, 10:13 AM
Maybe their system needs looking at? Going on the scenario which you've outlined (which is hypothetical I appreciate) then maybe they should have a system which allows the picker to alert the ordering system once they've picked the last item (I.e. once they are out of stock). That way, the website could be updated as having the product out of stock, and stop all the hassle.

Possibly. Now this is a well educated guess... The WebStore frontend, what you as the customer will see is a separate system to the ordering system which manages your order. This is a separate system to the warehousing system that manages stock levels, which is a separate system to the one that orders in stock from suppliers.

If there is a delay in the maintenance of the stock levels of these systems as they interface to each other then there is a problem as for a WebStore you need realtime updates unless you have a free stock buffer to accommodate the batch updates. Though this will sometimes still result in the problem scenario that you have described. There are all so a number of other possibilities as to why this happened. The fact that your previous internet transactions have been successful show that a lot of thought is put in to this area of retailing, but unfortunately it can still go wrong.

And when it does go wrong it is bad customer service. All I can suggest is writing to M&P letting them know that you have had a bad experience. It won't get you your goods now but it may prompt them to look in to the system to stop it from happening again, as they may not know that there is a customer service issue that needs addressing.

Roberrrrt
07-07-10, 10:16 AM
Possibly. Now this is a well educated guess... The WebStore frontend, what you as the customer will see is a separate system to the ordering system which manages your order. This is a separate system to the warehousing system that manages stock levels, which is a separate system to the one that orders in stock from suppliers.

If there is a delay in the maintenance of the stock levels of these systems as they interface to each other then there is a problem as for a WebStore you need realtime updates unless you have a free stock buffer to accommodate the batch updates. Though this will sometimes still result in the problem scenario that you have described. There are all so a number of other possibilities as to why this happened. The fact that your previous internet transactions have been successful show that a lot of thought is put in to this area of retailing, but unfortunately it can still go wrong.

And when it does go wrong it is bad customer service. All I can suggest is writing to M&P letting them know that you have had a bad experience. It won't get you your goods now but it may prompt them to look in to the system to stop it from happening again, as they may not know that there is a customer service issue that needs addressing.

Sounds like you're quite knowledgeable on this subject?!

But yes you're right - I might have to get in touch to let them know, cheers.

muddi
07-07-10, 05:41 PM
Never had a problem with them myself

Dave20046
07-07-10, 05:45 PM
How long does it take to call them? Lesson 1: If you need something urgently you call

On their home page it says "Open 7 days a week" with their phone number in huge typeface

If you'd called they'd have been able to tell you there and then

Not seeing how this is in any way their fault tbh:???:

It doesn't help, they fob you off when you call.

Robbberetetrtrtr, I've had exactly the same issue apart from I rang them everyday after the day I thought it should have been delivered on and they kept just saying it's on its way or will be there tomorrow. ****ing turds.

squirrel_hunter
07-07-10, 10:52 PM
Sounds like you're quite knowledgeable on this subject?!

Just in case you were wondering, no I don't work for M&P nor have I ever worked for M&P.

Electro
07-07-10, 11:13 PM
I ordered an optimate 4 from m & p on sunday afternoon. Rang them 5pm weds afternoon just to check and they said it had been sent. Free p&p so not getting 24hr delivery. Should arrive thurs or fri, happy if it does. If not, rant time lol.

Roberrrrt
08-07-10, 07:51 AM
Just in case you were wondering, no I don't work for M&P nor have I ever worked for M&P.

No I was just saying you sound like you know a lot about the web ordering chain of events, wondered whether that's what you do for a living perhaps?

_Stretchie_
08-07-10, 09:16 AM
When I land him I'll mount him on the wall next to Spiderman:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KbuSgnJwGGk/R-qi_LnYApI/AAAAAAAAAE8/vsFYDKRtlOU/s400/PC100006.jpg

;)

you look quite nice in this one TLW

squirrel_hunter
08-07-10, 11:35 AM
No I was just saying you sound like you know a lot about the web ordering chain of events, wondered whether that's what you do for a living perhaps?

The short answer is yes.

The Guru
08-07-10, 02:38 PM
I understand lesson 1, but whats lesson 2 and how many lessons are there? :smt102

Had no dealings with M&P.

beabert
08-07-10, 03:29 PM
I agree with the original poster, their online system is crap compared to the majority of online systems i have used.

Theres no notifications what so ever after the initial sale regarding stock, picking time, packing time, despatch time, tracking numbers, nothing.

Support answer reuests within 24 hours though.

Incidently i ordered a chain kit few days back from them and it arrived promptly, Hahaaaaaaa (nelson voice)

Electro
08-07-10, 03:35 PM
Well my charger arrived earlier from them so I cant complain.

the_lone_wolf
08-07-10, 04:11 PM
you look quite nice in this one TLW

I'd just had the implants and bleached my hair...

:smt008