PDA

View Full Version : Display cutting out while riding

timofy
19-07-10, 05:31 PM
Hi,
I bought a sv650 a couple of weeks ago and have been loving it so far. But today while riding, i looked down and the lcd display (which normally works) was completely blank, and i think the tachometer was stuck in the same position. The engine didn't cut out though and a minute later the display rebooted. The same thing then happened about half an hour later.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be? And if it is serious?
Thanks

andrewsmith
19-07-10, 06:27 PM
hi Timofy

there will be a few additional pieces of info needed.
- model year am guessing K3 onwards
- any other issues recently

I'd be guessing firstly a loose connection at the dash or ECU.
then battery issues.
Putting the bike into dealer mode should flag any issues

timofy
19-07-10, 07:25 PM
hi, thanks for the quick reply.

it is a 2006 sk6 model, done about 18000 miles and in quite good condition. No other problems that i'm aware of. I'm not sure how to put it in dealer mode but i can google it and try. Would that show even a loose connection?

The thing i'm worried about is that its got a 500 mile warranty from the dealer, but i'm supposed to be moving house tomorrow and i will have done more than the 500 miles. So if it might be expensive, i should probably not use it tommorrow.

Electro
19-07-10, 07:32 PM
Contact the dealer 1st thing and log the problem and also explain the 500 mile issue with them. They have to honour the warranty if the fault appears before the mileage limit. Take a pic of the current mileage with time and date for proof of mileage done when the phone call is made.

timofy
19-07-10, 09:42 PM
Thanks, i'll give the dealer a ring in the morning.

I put the bike in dealer mode and it said c00 which i think is normal. What does this mean for the problem? Is it more likely to be a loose connection than a battery problem?