PDA

View Full Version : FI Light on - what's wrong?

chops9
20-07-10, 06:59 PM
The FI (fuel injection) light came on last nite on the dash after doing some work on the bike. The light has never come on before, i was changing the rear sub-frame and while changing it i moved alot of wires near the battery and I removed the battery, also i loosened the fuel tank.

Any idea what it could be?:confused:

My SV650S is a 2006.

shifter
20-07-10, 07:04 PM
If you unplug anything electrical with the ignition turned on then the ECU will record it as a fault and bring up the light.
I've not owned a FI Suzuki before but with Triumphs, when the bike has gone through 3 hot and cold cycles then the light will go out if the fault has not reappeared.
Hope that helps.

independentphoto
20-07-10, 08:02 PM
Good luck with this issue mate but DO NOT treat it lightly. Should you get repeated instances of this, use your spare key to open the pillion seat whilst the motor is still running. Once this is done, pop the bike into diagnostics (info available here, use SEARCH) and check for fault codes. I had this light coming on and it stemmed from a secondary throttle valve actuator motor/sensor fault. To rectify? FULL NEW THROTTLE BODY ASSEMBLY - many pounds! I do not recall the fault code, but again the info is on here somewhere if you need it.

chops9
20-07-10, 08:51 PM
Thanks lads, a bit more info is:

The bike is turning over but wont start. Anymore ideas?

chops9
20-07-10, 09:11 PM
Thanks lads, a bit more info is:

Its in the manual as a fuel injection fail, type B which means the FI on the top part of the dash is flashing and the one near the clock is on continuious and the red indicator light blinks
The bike is turning over but wont start. Anymore ideas?

independentphoto
20-07-10, 09:33 PM
when you turn the ignition on, does the fuel pump buzz to prime they system? I hope not and you've left the connector off. Easy fix please!

yorkie_chris
20-07-10, 09:35 PM
You put tipover switch on wrong?

You need to put it in dealer mode. Search for TPS adjustment it tells you how

yorkie_chris
20-07-10, 09:36 PM
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=55459&page=5

chops9
21-07-10, 07:01 PM
Cheers mr yorkie,

The fault code -c23 came up on the dash. Whats this mean?

I'll be buying u a yorkie when the bike is running!

Rocket
21-07-10, 07:49 PM
C23 is indeed the Tip Over sensor as previously suggested.

chops9
21-07-10, 08:59 PM
yorkie_chris I owe you a yorkie, i working, nice one. Cheers for the help.