PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Yokes etc

cb1000rsteve
21-07-10, 02:36 PM
i'm just waiting on my extended throttle cables so i can get on with the job of converting my SK6 to a Top yoke comfy kit. Is this a simple mod or a difficult one??
how long should it take me to complete bearing in mind i need to change brake lines, throttle cables, remove yoke, clip ons, fit yoke and bar and remove and reattach or switch gear.
Regards
Steve

Specialone
21-07-10, 02:43 PM
i'm just waiting on my extended throttle cables so i can get on with the job of converting my SK6 to a Top yoke comfy kit. Is this a simple mod or a difficult one??
how long should it take me to complete bearing in mind i need to change brake lines, throttle cables, remove yoke, clip ons, fit yoke and bar and remove and reattach or switch gear.
Regards
Steve
It probably took me about 6 hours all in, but a lot of that was messing about with brake lines, but i wasnt rushing tbh.
Make sure you fit the switchgear to the bars before attaching them to the top yoke as they wont have enough slack when in place.
I found the throttle cables a bit fiddly, but most of it is straight forward.

Steve, feel free to call me if i can help over the phone.

Phil

cb1000rsteve
21-07-10, 02:45 PM
Cheers phil. I'm just hoping the weather stays fine over the weekend so if i don't get it done i can use my cb100or to go to work on. cos the near slicks its fitted with are lethal in the rain!!!!