PDA

View Full Version : Restricted & Full Power ECU differences?

Typhoon
22-07-10, 04:15 PM
Hi all, is there any external differences between full power and restricted ECU's?

Just want to know if the one I am about to fit is full power or not?

Cheers.

yorkie_chris
22-07-10, 05:53 PM
Part number is only difference

Typhoon
22-07-10, 06:04 PM
Cheers, forgot all about alpha-sports.

Typhoon
22-07-10, 06:21 PM
Well Alpha-Sports for the first time didnt actually help! Managed to find the info else where though.

Anyway, for further reference if anyone wants to know, a restricted ECU has the code MGT061 on it and a full power ECU has MGT060 printed on it.

Cheers.

ty_uk
22-07-10, 06:27 PM
I know it sounds daft but where is the ECU?

yorkie_chris
22-07-10, 06:28 PM
Under the seat

Jayneflakes
22-07-10, 07:06 PM
I know it sounds daft but where is the ECU?

Under the seat

In my knicker drawer! :( Saving my full power one for a long time yet.

Also under the front seat next to the battery.

:smt003

Typhoon
22-07-10, 07:09 PM
In my knicker drawer! :( Saving my full power one for a long time yet.

Also under the front seat next to the battery.

You not running full power? Is it a confidence thing?

Jayneflakes
22-07-10, 07:23 PM
You not running full power? Is it a confidence thing?

Not confidence, sadly I am on a restricted license for a few months yet. British license law makes riders who take their test on a 125cc bike ride a small one for a while. Suits me though because I am still learning how to ride every day. :smt003

Typhoon
22-07-10, 07:42 PM
Oh I knew that, just presumed you would be over 21 so could have taken your direct Access. No offence intended if you are under 21 ;-)

Jayneflakes
23-07-10, 10:09 AM
Oh I knew that, just presumed you would be over 21 so could have taken your direct Access. No offence intended if you are under 21 ;-)

Err, I am nearly 40! :smt046

I chose this way because I failed my DAS when I bought the bike and then met my partner who is a former DAS Instructor. We both agreed that restricted was the way to go to gain experience and pass my tests in an affordable way. Now I have been riding the SV, I am fairly confident that I could take my tests on her now, but the extra expense at the time would have been prohibitive. :D

Electro
23-07-10, 10:16 AM
In my knicker drawer! :( Saving my full power one for a long time yet.:smt003

So the toy is full powered and the bike is restricted!! The swap will be a bit of a letdown, restricted toy!!! :)

Jayneflakes
23-07-10, 11:19 AM
So the toy is full powered and the bike is restricted!! The swap will be a bit of a letdown, restricted toy!!! :)

Remember though, at 8.5K revs, the SV becomes the biggest erotic toy in the world :shaking2:

In truth, I am looking forwards to the being unrestricted, but I only passed my test a couple of months ago, so have some time to go yet. I do miss the furious acceleration of the full power bike and the way she will pull easily to 120 even with both of us on her. :D

Mind you with the mods I have in mind, full power is not that important because I am planning a comfort rebuild of her. Nearly got all of the parts I need too. :smt003

yorkie_chris
23-07-10, 11:20 AM
Not exactly safe to be getting all wobbly kneed at 120mph though is it!